Old 02-28-2009, 11:29 AM   #16  

S/C/G: HW 176/SW 163/CW ticker/GW 120

Height: 5'4"

i know i should find it disgusting, but fast food is still a real struggle for me. i never was allowed to eat it when i was a kid except as a special "treat" on road trips, so when i became an adult, i reveled in the ability to stop by taco bell or mcdonalds just because i wanted it. i was probably the only person on earth who after watching supersize me thought, "hmm, i could totally go for a big mac right now." and i did. right now i work right in the center of harlem (next door to the apollo) and within two block radius are mcdonalds, popeyes, and white castle. fortunately i have only succumbed once since starting there in august, but it's a real struggle every day. and they wonder why obesity plagues our urban communities and people of color...give them some healthy options!
sws19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:43 PM   #17  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrismm View Post
Its so hard to find healthy fast food.I have rerely ate out since beginning ww.I get so paranoid, even if the nutritional info is given.Just saw several articles that state most healthy options in restaurants were analyzed and most were double in fat and calories than they advertised.Scary.
It's not true it's not true!! *runs away screaming and crying*

My eating out lately consists of going to subway 2x a week- on days when I have class. Gosh I mean a full sub the way I get it is 600 calories, I'd hate to know it was really more than that!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:22 PM   #18  
Working my way back

S/C/G: 185/150

Height: 5'5

SWS- i'm with you. i still really like fast food! haha granted i don't let myself eat it much and i know how to make so many things that are just as yummy so i'm not really tempted but every once in a while i still have it and i ENJOY it!

last night for example, i took my kids to McDs to play before dropping them off and going out with some friends. i didn't have time to eat a salad like i normally would and couldn't remember what else exactly to get so i just got a hamburger no mayo and figured i'd round out the meal when i got home. i even ate the burger in the CAR (havent dont that in forever) and it was GOOD. got home to find out it was only 250 cals and i had been having so much fun that by the time i got home i wasn't hungry or feeling like eating any more so i didn't. so i didn't die from mcds....
corazonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:58 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 229/120/125

Height: 5'6"

my office is in a fast food wasteland and sometimes it's my only real option. i can't bring a lunch most days because i go straight to court and can't refrigerate it (not as big a problem in the winter, of course). i know it's not the best thing i can put in my body, but a whopper jr. (without cheese and mayo) or a grilled chicken sandwich from chick-fil-a are under 300 calories and has saved me from totally overeating a couple hours later a number of times. many fast food sandwiches aren't that terrible for you as long as you can get through the drive thru without saying yes when they ask if you'd like fries with that.
efova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:42 AM   #20  

What killed me was eating arbys all of the time. I sit in an insurance office all day answering calls too, so that doesn't help!
bigblackgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:56 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

Height: 5'4"

I haven't eaten fast food in years now, but I shudder when I remember how I used to take my innocent children to BK or Wendy's and buy them that junk. They are all in their 20s now and are at a healthy weight, so thank God I didn't do them any lasting damage...and some people eat that stuff every single day of the week! We had a major snowstorm yesterday and I made a big pot of pasta i fagioli...as we sat down to eat, I said to my husband that I don't think most people even know how to cook that kind of food any more, because everyone has gotten so used to driving up and ordering at a speaker, then picking up their dinners from a window. We are set up by these ff companies to be obese.
Thinfor5Minutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:06 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 294/see ticker/190

Height: 6ft 0.5 inches

it's scary when you do that and look back and go "omg how could i have eaten it?" but also think how far you've come!
anastasia is offline   Reply With Quote