Old 04-24-2008, 09:50 AM   #1  
I'm so sexy it hurts

S/C/G: (275 preggo) 245/183/<165

Height: 5'8'"

Default What does your S/O eat?

So yesterday DH ate 6000 calories... He's 6'3" 170 lbs.

Does any one else have a DH that doesn't realize that eating oreos really slowly making "yummy" noises in my face IS NOT nice and not a good way to get lovin?

*sigh* Let me hear your pain ladies.
Kriket84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:32 AM   #2  
girl toward svelte

S/C/G: 196/ticker/150

Height: 5'10''

I hear you honey. My guy isn't quite so in my face about it, but I feel like every time I decide to "buckle down", the next day my BF makes italian sausages and pasta, or beef strog., or something like that, and eats a gigantic plate of it while I'm sitting there with my turkey cuttlet and steamed veggies. Not to say my food isn't yummy, but dude...
audreymonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:33 AM   #3  
Reformed Quitter

S/C/G: 302/267/155

Height: 5' 8"

No pain there, Kriket84 - Sounds like you have a yummy hubby (6'3" 170lbs.) so I'd make him pay by allowing you to work some of those calories off him! And, in the process working off a few of your own. Go with it and enjoy him!
CABunnyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:33 AM   #4  
girl toward svelte

Oh, and my guy is 5'9 and 155lbs --- arg!
Old 04-24-2008, 10:34 AM   #5  
girl toward svelte

Hehe, CABunnyGirl -- that's fantastic
Old 04-24-2008, 10:42 AM   #6  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Oh god, I would hate that. That would make it a challenge to stay OP. My husband is on the same lifestyle change as me, but he can eat more and that kind of gets to me. Or he can have stuff I can't because he gets a much higher calorie alottment than me. Argh!
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:10 AM   #7  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

I saw this one and couldn't resist. Mine used to be able to eat anything without gaining (that made me want to just.....do something to him . Then he hit his 40's and gained. Dr put him on a 1000 cal diet and he lost it (I did all the measuring and calorie counting for him.) He has kept it off for several years. Now he is a weight loss snob. Thinks that the answer for me is to do exactly what he did. He fails to recognize the dieting differences between a man and a woman. He will often go all day long with out eating. And then eat supper and a snack. His supper isn't huge. His snack is usually a big bowl of jello. I'm sorry ~ I just can't do it like that. And I shouldn't be made to feel like an inferrior person because I don't want to do it like that and then struggle with my own weight loss. I feel so frustrated sometimes I feel like I could scream.

Sorry for the mini-rant. Thanks for listening.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:13 AM   #8  
Slow and sure chick

I hear your pain and share it.

My problem is hubby just loves unhealthy food - bacon, sausage subs, onion rings, and then washes it all down with peanut butter on bread. It's crazy what this guy can eat.
Watercolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:17 AM   #9  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

My hubby eats junk all the time! Everyday he eats fast food and sometimes i just want it so bad. Every once in a while i give in cause i am so hungry and he brings it to me. Its so irritating that he is losing and still eating junk! Sometimes i just think about how gross (and im pain i feel cause i have a defective gallbladder) i will feel if i eat it. Oh and eating icecream in front of me is torture.
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:30 AM   #10  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Yeah, my husband eats terribly too. Last night for dinner he had enough food for about 3 people, I think. Sometimes I look at calorie counts on what he is eating and just can't believe it. I wish he would eat better.
He doesn't taunt me with his food, and he supports me in what I am doing though.
Beth
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:41 AM   #11  
9.95 + S & H

My hubby doesn't eat crap, but he does eat a ton of calories and doesn't gain a pound. He's 6'3" and weighs about 175. Don't get me wrong, I truely enjoy his body , but I wish he could understand how it feels when he's eating a ginormous platter of pasta while I have my chicken and veggies.
PsycoPhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:44 AM   #12  
I'm so sexy it hurts

S/C/G: (275 preggo) 245/183/<165

Height: 5'8'"

in his defense, he doesn't taunt me like he did once. He does go on and on and on about wanting a milkshake (I'm lactose intolerant) or fast food, (um, diet?!) Other then food, he's wonderful. I just wish that I could get him to understand the amount of sheer willpower that I have to gather every single day to get this weight off.

I'm also feeling very akward about my body, It's changing, I look different. I don't know if I look goo yet or am still horrible obese. He's all grabby and I know I should enjoy it but I haven't gotten used to my body quite yet.
Kriket84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:47 AM   #13  
9.95 + S & H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriket84 View Post

I'm also feeling very akward about my body, It's changing, I look different. I don't know if I look goo yet or am still horrible obese. He's all grabby and I know I should enjoy it but I haven't gotten used to my body quite yet.
He's all grabby? ENJOY!
PsycoPhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:57 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 171/165.5/150

Height: 5'5"

I live with a vegetarian. He's very healthy, health conscious etc...and works out (lifts weights and runs). He's trying to prove to the world that you dont need meat to have big muscles, heh. He's about 6ft, and weighs about 167. He weighs less than I do, and has bigger muscles than me obviously, so that bothers me.

What he eats though, annoys me more. Or how little I should say. He doesnt eat a ton of veggies as you would think. He does the organic frozen meals, some pasta (rarely) but basically lives off soup and fake chicken products. He eats black bean soup, minestrone or veggie chili. Every day. For at least one meal a day. He has a huge chocolate craving though, and has cookies and snacks and protein bars and chocolate covered goodies from Trader Joes all the time. At least he keeps them on a high shelf so I can't reach them, lol.

I get discouraged bc i know he can be eating more. He used to have weight issues in high school and refuses to get that way again. I don't eat poorly, i just eat more than he does. One day he said to me "if you want to lose weight, you need to eat at least 20% less than i do".

Ladies, the man sometimes eats a tiny tiny bowl of plain salad and one fake chicken patty for dinner. What is 20% less of that??? I'd starve myself if I ate like he did . I feel bad if I even carbs in front of him!

I try maintain my own healthy schedule and meals. I know what works for me. Smaller meals throughout the day to increase my metabolism. He eats only 3, and maybe snacks at night. But a snack is "a" cookie. or a "handful" of chips. He's very discipline and never binges or throws his naughty snacks in my face. He also never discourages me from eating what i want--unless its carbs after 9pm, heh.
luckylettuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 12:12 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 217/tick/160

Height: 5'5

Well, I'm single. But my sister's boyfriend eats 3,000-3,500 per day and he is about 6'2 and 200lbs, nothing but muscle. He doesn't lift weights or anything he's just naturally very muscular. If he eats 2,000 he drops weight and is STARVING all the time. I eat 1400 a day and he just doesn't get how I do it.
peachcake is offline   Reply With Quote