THe biggest loser final chat thread

You're on Page 7 of 21
Go to
  • hi guys!

hi red team!!!! hows it goin?

whats up blue team? im excited about returning to my group an the one person who i know wont fail me on this journey on thurs
  • Evening Ladies,
    Welcome New Beginning, Peyton and Graciezoe! Hope you have a lot of success with this challenge.
    I am so happy that I was able to go to Curves this evening for the first time in over a month. I am hoping to get back on track with it. I let other people come first in my life over the summer and the first month of the new school year. Now it is time to put myself first sometimes for my health.
    Hope everyone was able to stay op today and get in some form of excerise.
    Have a great day on Tuesday!
    Kerry
  • Thanks for the welcome, Kar. How do you like Curves? I was thinking of joining, but my apartment complex (I am a student at the University of Florida) has it's own gym...but I have yet to work out in it . I also have an elliptical machine, but it probably has dust on it . As a result of starting this challenge, I am actually going to start working out again.

Do you do Curves for the accountability, or to use the machines (or both)?
    I don't know if I could justify spending money on something that I already get for free. If you don't mind, can you tell me exactly what you guys do there? I am going to try to do my own "Curves" at the gym here . TIA.
  • Welcome to all the new BL members. Go Blue Team!!!
  • I go to Curves. The concept is to go 3 x week. You work a circuit of machines and jogging/running platforms. You spend about 30 seconds on each machine and then switch to a platform where you walk, jog in place, etc... Some ladies make sure they move their arms when jogging by punching, doing curls, etc... At my Curves there are 16 machines (more than most from what I understand) and 12 or 13 jogging pads strategically placed between machines. There are machines to work your legs, arms & abs. You can always go to Curves and get a one week free trial to figure out what its all about and go from there. HTH
  • Hi Ladies,
    A New Beginning, I love going to Curves. I like it for the accountablity and using the machines. It is nice to workout with other ladies who are going through the same struggles that I am. The machines are set up in a circle with a recovery board between each machine. I pay $31.03 a month to attend my Curves. But each Curves is a different price according to your service plan and the sales tax in your county that you live in. If you check out the Curves website you can get more information on Curves. Also you could check out the thread here too. Hope this helps you. Right now I saw in the Avon book if you buy a Curves item you get a coupon for a two-week free visit and tour analysis.
    Hope everyone is having a great day! I started taking Fiber Choice Tablets yesterday for weight management. They are suppose to curb your cravings and help with your metabolism. They seem to be working. I don't feel like I need to have a snack in the evenings. Plus last night I had to remind myself to eat dinner. So I think that will help me stop my endless snacking in the evenings.
    Tonight is my TOPS meeting. So I am looking forward to getting on the scale. I was down a little bit this morning according to my scale. So I hope it holds true this evening at my TOPS meeting.
    For a week now I have been able to get 30 minutes of excerise in. So I am glad that this challenge was started. It has helped me get back on track with my eating healthier and working out.
    Andrea hope you are feeling better today!
    Wonder what tomorrow's show will bring?
    Have a wonderful OP day!
    Talk to you all later,
    Kerry
  • Hi everyone--and a big SHOUT OUT to my Blue Team Sisters!!

I think tomorrow's weigh in should be a good one for me. I've managed to stay about 80% on plan, which is better than 100% OFF plan! LOL
  • Hello everyone! I managed to get in my run this morning, even though my ankle was a bit sore. I run for about 25 minutes and walk an extra 10-15 minutes. I am working on the Couch to 5K program, so in a couple of weeks I will be up to 30 minutes of running! I am really do well on exercise this week, I have exercised every day (Saturday is my weigh in day). I do weight training when I don't run and also try to get in some cardio those days as well. I have also managed to stay 100% on program since Saturday, which is great since I am usually off on the weekends. I am really committed to this challenge!

GO BLUE TEAM!!!!
  • Thanks for the information, tnhydermom and Kar.

Kar, those tablets will also help you go to the bathroom...which will obviously help you lose weight too . They are so yummy, it's like eating candy. I forgot all about them. I need to go get some.

Jen, thanks for the shout out . You're right, 80% OP is better than being 0% OP. Keep up the good work.

Charity, I cannot believe you can run for 25 minutes!!! That is such a great accomplishment. I think I can only run for a minute, if that . Is that "Couch to 5K" program a book? dvd? meeting?. I would like to know more about it, if you don't mind. I am definately at the "couch" stage of the program....lol. You are doing soooo great!!! You are making the blue team proud . Forget Bob, it sounds like you could be our trainer!!!!
  • good work guys! keep it up! kerry i hope you get to curves
  • welcome keeper!
  • Just a quick note to let you all know I am reading your posts and think you are all inspiring. I have tried creating two entries this week but find I am "logged out" when I try to post. Oops, guess I don't type fast enough.

My scale is telling me I have been eating too much this week. (I thought I was starving!) I think I have been allowing myself some pretty high calorie food and recording them in my food diary for too few calories. I will need to work on that! On the plus side I ran once this week, attended a Pilates class and planning weight training tonight.

Go Blue!
  • Hi guys,

I have managed to stay Op the last couple days. I just fininshed 40 minutes on the elliptical and may go for a walk later. I must have made 100 trips up and down the stairs today getting different things. After awhile I would purposely forget something so I would have to walk upstairs to get it.

How are you all doing? I hope you're OP and doing great.

Hey andreaphilip3, how are things with you today? I hope you are feeling better.

Kim
  • Beginning, for me that is a first step to a new lifestyle...knowing I am not perfect, but at least striving to progress. When it all comes down to it--it is STILL calories in, calories out!

And speaking of calories out, my partner and I are moving into a new home this weekend, so I will be getting some good exercise moving stuff around. The best part: this new house has a HEATED pool, so I can use the pool for alot of my exercise! This will be great!
  • Jen--You are right . It is calories in verses calories out.

I've been doing overtime but I make it a point to go to the gym after work. It's helping.

Weigh in is tomorrow. Let's burn some more calories. Go blue team.