The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 09-30-2009, 11:10 AM   #91  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
Tracy isnt as bad as vicki, because tracy isnt as smart as vicki. Tracy is just a bull in the china shop, no real strategy
This is so true. It seemed to me that she was just deciding on the fly at the weigh-in whose weight was going to count for each team. No forethought at all!
Old 09-30-2009, 04:49 PM   #92  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

Gosh, Tracy is a moron. Plain and simple.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:04 PM   #93  
Token Vulcan

Interesting bonus clip up at the NBC site. After Alexandra's elimination, Mo expressed to the group that he saw alliances forming that was bad for group unity. He said the voting was divided along age lines, with the young people wanting to save Alexandra and the older folks wanting to save Julio. There's mention (by Daniel, I think) that people are hanging out with others who voted the same way they did. Mo got particularly confrontational with red team, especially Sean. Tracey says in a confessional that she is not happy that Mo did that because she thinks he may have just put a target on their backs. I haven't particularly liked Tracey since the first episode but this clip adds some context, I think, to her actions...kind of increases her panic level, I think. Maybe she felt Mo wasn't very considerate of their team or smart to stir the pot that way.

I think I have an idea which eliminated player will be back eventually from the first episode where they showed a ton of previews.

I hope Sean gets a haircut before the finale, lol.

Why do the contestants think Shay is so inspirational? Also, I thought it was kind of weird that Julio said there were 2 people ready to go home and 2 people who weren't quite there yet, meaning Daniel and Shay. Daniel?? He did great at home. And..is it just me but...there doesn't seem to be any mention or show of Daniel's family so far either this season or last season. When he went home last season, they showed him with his doctor and his running partner.

Last edited by trekkiegirl; 09-30-2009 at 09:07 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:42 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I was very sorry to see Sean and Antoine go home, Sean is incredibly funny and I will miss his comic relief. I don't particularly care for the contestants that the show hypes up like Abby, Shae, or Daniel... I don't like people just cause I'm told too and Daniel seems to take on a role of sympathetic brotherliness and Shae will turn on him one day.

I'm so glad Tracy is as crazy as she is, it's too much fun to watch.

As for the show itself it seems like they're going about it in an unhealthy manner. They're expected to burn 6000 calories a day and only eat 1200? Sounds like a surefire way to not be able to maintain that.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:25 PM   #95  

The key to maintaining is exercise and the show sure gets them hooked on that. I think I read somewhere that about 50% maintain their whole loss and the rest gain back some or all. Since the general population has a 5% success rate, they are 10 times better than those of us just eating back our exercise, etc.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:06 PM   #96  
Owned by Dixie

don't forget that a person like Shay has a BMR of almost 3000 calories just breathing!

so burning an extra 3 on top of that should be work but not out of control. the bigger you are the more calories they burn per min. AND themore they lose the more they will have to work to reach the 6000 daily burn.

1200 a day is doable with lots of fruits and veggies, lots of fiber and lots of lean meats. they eat a very clean diet.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:12 PM   #97  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Okay, I am watching it now and all I can say is, Tracy isn't an Icky-Vicky, she's just completely NUTS!!!! She's an idiot.

That is all....Carry on...
Old 10-02-2009, 07:40 AM   #98  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

I was disguested by Tracy's actions on the show. It's too early for that kind of game play. And her off the wall comments made it that much worse. When Ally told her she needed to lose more than 2lbs she replied, "That's all". All giggly and smiling. Made me SICK! I hope she realizes the target is definitely on her now.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:13 AM   #99  
Ilene the Bean

Shan, I completely agree, I was disgusted with her attitude too... Tracy better keep losing at the rate she is throught the show because if she DARES go below the yellow line, they will definitely vote her off.... Didn't the next week previews show something about her and KARMA ... This game play of her's will come and bite her behind some day
Old 10-02-2009, 02:41 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

I did not get to watch the show until last night but I was disgusted by Tracey and I think she will get what is coming to her.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:26 PM   #101  
GO RED TEAM!!!!!!!

Height: 5"8

Red face Tracey seems unbalanced

Tracey seems unbalanced, and out of touch with her actions. How she lied to both Shay and Daniel and then Amanda, she is not right in the head. She acts as if she didn't make a promise to any of them when clearly she did. She has that bug eye thing going on, which is off setting. I wonder what she really has done behind the scenes that we aren't seeing, because I get a feeling they (the producers) realize she is not right in the head. With that Karma or coincidence tag line for next weeks preview and that telling her she can’t exercise because she damaged her muscles. I think she was going crazy with the exercise after they told her don’t do more then (walking & swiming) and she didn't listen, so they are pulling the plug on her. Plus we didn't learn about the whole Felipe and Jillian thing until after the final, when Jillian spilled the beans in an interview. I remember they painted Felipe one way but really he and his cousin were breaking into the craft service and sneaking off to fast food joints on the weekends as well as Felipe telling the producers that Jillian was doping her team. It was a mess, and poor Jillian had to take all that crap.

I feel very badly for Coach Mo because he seems to be a man of honor but is so tore by trying to be a supportive team mate to clearly an unstable woman. I don't think Jillian should have dressed him down at the weigh in, that was very wrong. Both Bob and Jillian should have pulled him a side for a private talk. Coach Mo is just caught in the middle, and it's not fair.

Last edited by IgetfitNStrongforme; 10-02-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:47 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/120

Height: 5'3"

I feel so awful for Mo, and no one clapped for him for his weight loss because they didn't want to clap for Tracey. I so wanted someone to yell "great job Mo" and clap to make it obvious the applause was just for him.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:43 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgetfitNStrongforme View Post
...Plus we didn't learn about the whole Felipe and Jillian thing until after the final, when Jillian spilled the beans in an interview. I remember they painted Felipe one way but really he and his cousin were breaking into the craft service and sneaking off to fast food joints on the weekends as well as Felipe telling the producers that Jillian was doping her team. It was a mess, and poor Jillian had to take all that crap.
What's this about? I never heard anything about this, what happened?
Old 10-03-2009, 01:51 PM   #104  
GO RED TEAM!!!!!!!

Height: 5"8

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
What's this about? I never heard anything about this, what happened?
Here are some of the links:

http://www.reality-tv-online.com/blo...ng-team-drugs/

http://www.bittenandbound.com/2009/0...investigation/

http://community.livejournal.com/ohn.../35658037.html

http://evilbeetgossip.film.com/2009/...ggest-druggie/

There is also youtube footage of an interview where she says all these things on video, she waited until after the final and let both cousins have it. They are total jerks, not at all how the show made them come off, it was all editing to make them seems so nice. That is why I think Tracey is unbalanced, and as the Producers have dealt with unbalanced people before they probably have decided to pull the plug right away. Remember what Jillian said that Tracey is BANANAS.......

Last edited by IgetfitNStrongforme; 10-03-2009 at 06:50 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:16 AM   #105  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

I think everyone here has said what I've been thinking...Tracey is a nutjob!! That girl has crazy eyes! karma will get her one way or another. she may have had a huge loss this week but really that was her first week truly getting back in the swing of things. The first week she was in the hospital, the second week she wasnt allowed to exercise. Hopefully next week she gets the "week 2" curse! I really hope that coach mo isnt taken out in her wake!

Shay needs to stop being the victim or she is never going to move on from it. I do believe she needed to stay because she hasnt learned that yet. Cant wait for Bob or Jillian to really break through to her that she is not just the daughter of a dead heroin addict. I'm excited for her to break free from her circumstances only then will she have success!