The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 02-28-2008, 11:43 AM   #796  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Speaking of Roger . . . Do any of you check out the ivillage site with the exit interviews from eliminated players? Mark TRASHES Roger . . .

http://biggestloser.ivillage.com/diet/

Guess the "brotherly love" thing didn't last very long after he was eliminated.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:10 PM   #797  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin41 View Post
Anybody else think that Jillian's little habit of setting the treadmill for 14 mph and then telling somebody to jump on from a standing start is just incredibly dangerous? It's one thing if you get on at 6 mph, get your feet and balance going, and then turn the speed up, but jumping on from the sides at that speed is a recipe for a face plant, broken nose and new teeth. I'm amazed every time she does that to a player.

LIke I said before, I'd tell Jillian to KMA. I can see already on it and running and then slowly building up to that and then doing it for 60 seconds, but to just jump on from nowhere. I'd ask her if she was planning on paying my plastic surgery and dental bills? Otherwise she can bite me. When I do my walk/runs on the TM, I warm up slowly, then bump it up fatser for the walking and bump it up faster for the run and then back down and so on.... There's NO WAY I could do that. She's crazy. Don't y'all notice a lot of injuries on that show. I think they push them too hard, too fast. What's the point if you are going to end up hurt and can't exercise at all? Stupid if ya ask me.
I went from hating Jillian, to liking her, to loving her, to now slowly losing respect for her. It may be her annoying little laughter she does on these DVD's I have of her, lol! I was thinking I was going to be getting TBL Jillian in these workout's, instead I got some Stoner Jillian that can't stop laughing.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:51 PM   #798  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggmugsy View Post
Speaking of Roger . . . Do any of you check out the ivillage site with the exit interviews from eliminated players? Mark TRASHES Roger . . .

http://biggestloser.ivillage.com/diet/

Guess the "brotherly love" thing didn't last very long after he was eliminated.
Is there more to the interview than just those 10 questions because I didnt see trashing. All I saw was him saying that Roger had an "I'm better than you" complex (I can see that). And he felt he's been portrayed unfairly (I think thats generally the case) He also says that Roger would make it to the end, so he has confidence in him there.

LOL @ his goal to weigh less than Bob. Thats funny!

It seems to me those interviews happen before they are kicked off because several of them talk about themselves making it to the end.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:12 PM   #799  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post

It may be her annoying little laughter she does on these DVD's I have of her, lol! I was thinking I was going to be getting TBL Jillian in these workout's, instead I got some Stoner Jillian that can't stop laughing.

Have you heard her podcasts? I swear I think she's on speed. She's practically talking over her callers and she's so hyper.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:29 PM   #800  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post

It may be her annoying little laughter she does on these DVD's I have of her, lol! I was thinking I was going to be getting TBL Jillian in these workout's, instead I got some Stoner Jillian that can't stop laughing.
I HATE that laugh, because it's constant and for no reason at all. She is too nice in the beginner videos...I am doing the regular boxed set ones now and she doesn't laugh but a couple times and she is more hard core, like you see her on the show. I like the boxed ones better because they are a half hour of solid exercise, straight through without the stopping. I thought I liked the circuits in the beginners, but then tried these and realized they are circuits but with no breaks, screen changes, etc. Continuous and she is a lot more hard core. I do have a lot of respect for her though because I have followed her advice from her book for my eating plan and her exercise programs and the shape of my body has changes...I am fitting smaller clothes than the last time I was at this weight because of the muscle and shape changes, so she does know her stuff if you do it regularly and stick to it...despite the annoying laugh! I haven't listened to the radio program in a long time mainly because I can't stand all the laughing.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:43 PM   #801  
Dea
TBL Blue team member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmom View Post
She could be really cute. I didn't find her homely, but I did think that he better get working with her and the family's eating plan very soon or it will be too late to save her from an overweight teenage phase. She def looks on tv as if she falls into the childhood obesity category. It's one thing to do that to yourself, but to do it to your kids, no way. At least mine are healthy & active. They are my role models, actually. Hopefully they'll get things under control now that he's back, i know the wife said she's already trying.
I think Mark may get on top of that....remember when he went home for that short break?? Taking the donuts away from his son, and cooking for his family?? I think he sees the direction his family was going and will put a stop to it!!

I'm just glad that the black team might have a fighting chance at the weigh-ins now that they have one more team member than the blue team. They have all done an amazing job....also happy to see the men leave their shirts on last night!! My 7 year old asked if they make 'those things' for men that ladies wear (meaning bras), because those guys really need them!!

Last edited by Dea; 02-28-2008 at 03:51 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:00 PM   #802  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
Is there more to the interview than just those 10 questions because I didnt see trashing. All I saw was him saying that Roger had an "I'm better than you" complex (I can see that).
Hey Hun.e.B . . . Yup . . . That's what I was referring to. When Mark was talking to Roger before he left campus he was all . . . "I love you, man. Take care of my brother." For him later to say Roger has an "I'm better than you" complex seemed like he'd lost all the "love." I wonder if this week Jay gets voted off and that's why Mark was so unfriendly with how he spoke about Roger. Time will tell . . .
Old 03-01-2008, 02:45 PM   #803  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

It doesnt seem to me like any love lost. They all seem to have I'm better than you complexes. He could have just been messing around. Besides the interview doesnt appear to have been done when Mark was kicked off. But, you could be right, maybe we have a big whammy for blue this week. I can see Mark being mad about that, and rightfully so.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:17 AM   #804  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

I can't believe how much Mark was crying, I thought he was a strong guy. I don't know what was worse, the crying or the whine.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:10 PM   #805  

Arrgh! They are still crying over Mark leaving. And Bob's "he's moved on"...it's like Mark died or something.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:13 PM   #806  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

it's :10 mins into the hour and we have our first product placement!! aaah, extra gum. but at least kelly hasn;t cried yet
Old 03-04-2008, 08:18 PM   #807  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Dan is stupid! Roger made out! Dan is still stupid! He is stuck on the money!
Old 03-04-2008, 08:20 PM   #808  

I can't believe Dan kept going. What an idiot. And how lucky is Jay?
Old 03-04-2008, 08:20 PM   #809  
My Evolution

Okay based on Jay and Roger each getting 1 pound pass I think that will definitely keep them there. Dan is soooo young...The women are in trouble.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:23 PM   #810  
My Evolution

Even though Maggie does get on my nerves hasn't she been consistently meeting her weight targets in the past few weeks? Like Jillian would say we each need to lose 6lbs and she would lose 7. Or Jillian says we each need to lose 8 lbs and she loses 8? She might be able to hang for a minute.