Old 05-09-2012, 07:37 PM   #31  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I didn't get a workout in last night - left the house at 8:15am, didn't get home til 10pm, had to get up at 5:30 this morning. I WILL do it after dinner tonight, though.

Trying a new recipe tonight - baked cauliflower and spinach with garlic, onion, a little veg broth, EVOO, tofu, bit of bread crumbs & shredded cheddar. It smells so good - can't wait for it to finish cooking!
Old 05-09-2012, 11:37 PM   #32  

Hi Red Team,
I hope everyone's week is going well. I can't believe it's wednesday all ready. I only have 1 day to get what I have o get done this week, finish my shorts, pant some seeds in the garden, and bake some kolaches to take to DS when we go visit him this weekend. I'm subbing on Friday and leaving early Sat so time is running out.

I've been seeing all the good recipes so I thought I would share how I make quark, which is a tangy cream cheese that is lowfat and low calorie and good on anyghing you would put cream cheese on or even as a dip.

Quark
Take cultured buttermilk ( make sure it says cultured on the label) make sure it is not labeles ultrapasturized. Place it in a pyrex (glass) cassarole dish and place it in a 150 degree oven overnight. My oven's lowest setting is 170 mdegrees so I turn it there for an hour then turn the oven off and leave the oven light on, leave it overnight. The next morning line a colander with some muslin and scoop the cheese curds into the colander to drain until it's the consistancy you want. The leftove whey ( clear liquid that drains off) is good to use to replace the liquid in baking or you can drink it or put it in smoothies. I use it in bread and it's really good.

It's really easy to make and healthy, I've got yougurt brewing tonight, I'm going to strain it and make greek yogurt out of it tomorrow. It's really great with some frozen fruit and granola.

Have a great rest of the week and weekend!
Bette K
Old 05-10-2012, 06:58 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Congrats to all of our losers!!! Way to go RED team!

Sorry haven't been around this week. State testing that I am in charge of at my school this week. So off to work early every morning. Doing great this week. TOM is finally over so the bloat is gone and I am already down almost 2 lbs from Sunday's weight.

Have a great Thursday!!
Old 05-10-2012, 10:43 AM   #34  
Idaho

Height: 5'7"

Riddy - just curious what is EVOO?
Old 05-10-2012, 10:59 AM   #35  
Idaho

I'm already nervous about this week's weigh-in. I am transitioning out of Atkins and am afraid of a gain due to carb shock. I thought I could add more exercise this week to compensate, but strained my hamstring last weekend and have been able to only do moderate exercise with modified moves. I told myself that I am not getting on the scale until Sunday, but I was sooooo tempted this morning.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:11 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 193/153.4/145

Height: 5'6" Low Carb WOE

Hi Selway,
EVOO = Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Just curious as to why you are adding carbs back in? I've been on Atkins and stuck at a plateau for ages...but not gaining and feeling great. Wish I could get this darn scale to budge in the right direction.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:33 PM   #37  
Idaho

Not adding carbs back in to an extreme level, just not as restrictive as the Atkins old school induction. I was going by the original book - less than 20g carbs (total, not net). I got so frustrated on Atkins where if I had a carb day that was even slightly higher than the rest of the week (but still under the 20g), I would gain 2-4 pounds overnight. So I am experimenting with a diet that is not strictly Atkins but lowish carb.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:33 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 187/190/145

Height: 5'5

Quote:
I find I will not feel full (will continue to eat) if Idon't get the whole 'chewing' satisfaction that goes along with eating.
I think I have this problem as well CanadaMel

Maybe I should start freezing the mixed drink to eat it like ice cream? I doubt freezing protein powder is a good idea

Yesterday meal wise was not a great day, we had a bbq at work and there was cake and browies and cookies and pop as well as burgers and hotdogs.

Today for lunch I am having a salad

I did make it out for my run but didn't stick with the plan (my learn to run group should have run a total of 19 minutes) becuase of some filiming for a promo for the Ontario Special Olympics. We maybe ran a total of 10 minutes, so I will have to make up that day on Friday

Last edited by canuckgirl7; 05-10-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:02 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 6"

hi everybody how are u all doing? im not having a good week ...sometimes i at too much and other times i dont,maybe im just pmsing ok good luck for the weigh in everybody
Old 05-10-2012, 04:14 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

I'm dragging my butt today...no energy- not sure why. Did my workout yesterday but didn't get a dog walk in, maybe that's why. Will make sure I get the walk in tonight. What little sunshine we had this morning is now gone.
Just got out of a working lunch meeting. Ate okay 1/2 sandwich & tossed salad and a coconut bar.

Bette- the quark sounds yummy & easy to make.

mary- good to 'see' you.

zogo- I sometime wonder if the scale doesn't move because I am a creature of habit and eat almost the same thing for lunch day in - day out. Wonder if I need to switch it up more & confuse the body.

Rosetta- hang in there. Take one day at a time- or even one meal at a time. You can do it!

Okay-need to add some caffeine to this body befoe I completely crash.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:19 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 193/153.4/145

Height: 5'6" Low Carb WOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaMel View Post
zogo- I sometime wonder if the scale doesn't move because I am a creature of habit and eat almost the same thing for lunch day in - day out. Wonder if I need to switch it up more & confuse the body.
Mel, I'm thinking the same thing. That, or cut out nuts and cheese, which will just about kill me. I've already cut out my glass of wine during the week and keep it to Fri/Sat only. With summer coming, I do enjoy my low carb margaritas. My exercise isn't completely consistent yet, so I will have to work on that.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:46 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I just can't seem to get the hang of things this time around. Based on my exercise and calories I should lose 3lbs this week, but I feel fatter and lazier than I ever have in my life. I think I'm trying to do too much, and so I'm crashing out...that's really the only thing I can think of. So I'm reducing the amount of calories I'm trying to burn from 7000 to 4800. And for my eating I'm going to try and cut out sugar and really cut back on fat and caffeine, and make sure to drink at least 4 20oz bottles of water.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #43  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I made it to Onederland today - YAHOO!!!!!

I've been frustrated lately, and getting tired of dieting. That's part of why I joined this challenge - to keep me accountable and shake things up a little.

Must do some serious exercise today - it's my day off, so no excuses. First I must drink more coffee, though.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:54 AM   #44  
Idaho

Riddy - THAT IS FANTASTIC!!! Congratulations!

MonteCristo - Hang in there. We don't want you to burn out the first week. Maybe your sluggishness is from dehydration? Upping your water sounds like a good idea.

Rosetta - We all have our off weeks, you can do it!

Zogo - thanks for the acronym definition.

Eveyone have a great weekend and Mother's Day!
Old 05-11-2012, 12:04 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Good morning team. Still dragging my butt here. I think it's due to TOM knocking on my door, which doesn't bode well for weigh in, but we shall see.

Montecristo- babysteps! Maybe you're trying to change too much at once?

Zogo- I try not to deny myself anything, and keep it all in moderation.

It's Friday and I need a nap! Have a great day all

Riddy Congrat on ONDERLAND!

Last edited by CanadaMel; 05-11-2012 at 12:06 PM.