Old 12-14-2011, 08:34 PM   #16  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I'm excited about the next challenge. For this one I wasnt focusing on weight loss until after my marathon. But now it is ON.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:40 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Glad to see everyone hanging in there this week! Leslie, thanks for the kind words!

I've been keeping up with the kettlebell exercises lately, 3 or 4 times a week, and dragged myself out of bed this morning for a swim. More importantly, I'm doing a bit better about eating, perhaps because I'm trying to spend less money at the same time. I always eat less/more healthfully when I can't afford junk!

Hope everyone is making thatLAST BIG PUSH to the finish! Keep it up!!!
Old 12-16-2011, 08:01 AM   #18  
Go Blue!

S/C/G: 286.8/180.6/145

Woo nice, Slowrunner! I love using kettlebells.

My brother is coming over for the night or weekend, not sure, and we have a thing early in the morning on Saturday, my usual WI day, so just in case things slip my mind while he's here or we end up rushed in the a.m. to get where we need to go, went ahead and weighed in. Will try to adjust tomorrow if I get the time.

I made a couple of tweaks this week so was hoping for a decent loss, and have been watching the scale more often to see how changes impacted scale. My biggest change was going from strength training 3x 30 min all over, to changing to 4x 45 min a week split into 2x upper body, 2x lower body, and really didn't know if that would change much scalewise. I was hoping for a decent loss, but DEFINITELY didn't expect to see 6.2 by the end of the week! Better yet, for the last few days I have been in onederland!! I have been giving myself pep talks just in case I didn't hit it by New Years, because I seem to be losing slower and fluctuating more lately. So yeaah I really had no plans to see it this soon!

I'll chalk it up to our last week push! Woo finish strong team!
Old 12-16-2011, 10:54 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

Somni - That is amazing !! You are a rockstar !!

ennay - love the 'tude... let's bring it and kick that weight to the curb !

slowrunner - sounds like you're getting it done ! Keep it up !

The past couple of days have been pretty uneventful. Getting ready for the holidays with both my father and father-in-law coming to stay, as well as my brother-in-law. We're going to have a houseful of men... should be fun. I have personal training this morning then lunch with a good friend so should be a great day.

Have a great day blue team !
Old 12-17-2011, 01:16 PM   #20  
gecko girl

S/C/G: 306/288.8/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

Remember to weigh in peeps, get those last chance work out done. I busted my butt cleaning carpets yesterday.

Best of luck, hope ya see big numbers, and I am really hoping at least one of you will hit their goal weight.

Go BLU Team!
Old 12-18-2011, 10:17 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Looks like we're at the end, folks! I'm sad to not have a bigger loss, but happy that I had any loss at all in the end! If I count the weight I was when I first signed up for the challenge (254) rather than what I was at the official start (251.5), that's a 6-pound loss!

More importantly, I feel a lot healthier overall, and my clothes are fitting better even without a major loss. Between swimming and kettlebells, I've had some decent fitness gains, so I'm happy to be starting 2012 heading in the right direction.

Good luck to all on the final weigh-in, and hope to see you all in the next challenge!
Old 12-18-2011, 10:32 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

Howdy Blue Team !

Here's hoping everyone had a great week and ends this challenge with a bang !

Had a great day yesterday with a beading class in the morning then a great live theater performance in the evening. Hubby and I went with 6 of the ladies from the book club I belong to. We went to a great Thai place for dinner beforehand, which was delicious. They were able to steam our chicken and broccoli and bring out the sauce on the side. It's great how restaurants will give you what you want as long as you ask. Today we'll be going for a drive then spending the rest of the day doing basically nothing. Hubby has to work a total for 3 days in the next 5 weeks so we'll be having tons of fun for the next little while.

Happy weigh in Blue Team and don't forget to sign up for the next challenge !
Old 12-18-2011, 08:58 PM   #23  
One pound at a time

S/C/G: 292.2/138.6/146

Height: 5'9"

Awesome job, Blue Team!

I ran a Hanukah 5k today with my husband and 2 of my boys. It was 19 degrees out with a windchill factor of 6, so needless to say, it was COLD. I had a fleece gaiter over my nose and mouth, and it really helped to have the cold air filtered through the fleece before it entered my lungs. My husband finished at about 28 minutes (don't remember his exact time), my 10-year old son at 30:?? minutes, my 14-year old at 32:?? minutes, and me at 34:17.

I was so proud that I didn't indulge in any of the latkes (potato pancakes) or donuts that were offered post race, now to make it through the 8 days of Hanukah that start on Dec. 20th.

It's been such a pleasure doing this challenge with all of you. You have been so inspirational, motivating, and supportive. You are all great, strong women!

Here's to a healthy and active 2012 for all of us!
Old 12-18-2011, 11:02 PM   #24  

Results are posted and we won week 13 which ended the challenge in a tie win. Overall win was for the BLUE TEAM!!!!!!!! WOOHOO YOU GUYS DID IT.

I'm so proud of you, you all did a great job and should be so happy you finished the challenge and ended it on a high note.

CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR BIGGEST LOSER BECK
you have done so amazing through these challenges and to make it to goal in such a short amount of time. WTG. You will be missed in the next round of challenges and I hope you make sure to pop in and say hi once in a while

Week 13:

Biggest Loser:
Somni, -6.8lbs, -3.33%

Honorable Mentions:
ennay, -3.6, -2.28%
Beck, -3, -1.99%
LeslieB, -4lbs, -1.42%

Team Loss of -16.5lbs, -.95%

Final Results:

Biggest Loser:
Beck, -29.8, -16.78%

Honorable Mentions:
LeslieB, -52lbs, -15.76%
Somni, -6.8lbs, -3.33%
LittleBlueCat, -9, -5.45%

Team Loss of -154.9lbs, -8.25%

It was a great challenge and I look forward to the next one. I hope you will all join in again.