Old 06-26-2011, 12:18 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Hello Blue Team!!

Congrats Laura on the loss

Bigmid- I so know how you feel about looking in the mirror. I struggle with that a lot, everyone says I look so great but I look in the mirror I see that 235 lb girl from years ago. I wonder will we ever be able to truely get past that image of what we used to be and see ourselves as we really are.

I had such high hopes for this week, but a stressful week at work and at home, left me sleep deprived and eating all the wrong things. I haven't stepped on the scale in a couple of days...I'm too scared to, my pants are tighter so I know its not gonna be good. *crosses fingers* hopefully its not as bad as I think its gonna be.

Last edited by dream710; 06-26-2011 at 10:02 AM.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:38 AM   #32  
Healthier, happier ME

S/C/G: 261/261/160

Ok, I've gotta say I'm slightly relieved. I was going to post my weigh-in early this week, on Thursday. I had been sick with a cold all of last week and hadn't done any exercise at all, but also was barely eating. As a result, last week I lost 3 lbs. So, I thought it would be better for me to do the weigh in on Thursday this week because I was going out of town for the weekend and wasn't sure I would be back in time to post my numbers, but also, I thought I'd still be able to ride that not eating thing for another week. But I think the scale was on to my evil plan.

I ended up eating fairly regularly again for the first time on Wednesday. Getting all my calories, not going over. And on Thursday morning, I looked in the mirror and it was like I could see all 3 of the lbs I'd lost last week back on my face again. :P And sure enough, I got on the scale and I'd gained 1.3 kg which is almost 3lbs. I was really bummed about it, and decided that I'd wait it out and weigh in this morning instead, and if I missed it, I'd just take the freebie.

But, I got on the scale this morning, after two days of eating not so great because of parties and stuff for midsummer, and I had only gained one pound since last week. I know a gain isn't what I'm going for, but I'm relieved to see that it's at least only 1 lb! I think somehow a lot of us ended up on a strange fluctuation wave this week!

Laura - I'm so glad you ended up losing all that weight you gained and then some this week! How awesome is that??!! Congrats!

Somni - I'm glad you told us about that fluctuation thing too, because I was considering just taking the freebie and not bothering to let the scale try to knock me around this morning, but your experience changed my mind on giving it a try. Thanks!

Quote:
"I'm telling you, scales are evil. They are the first wave of machines sent to break humans down so we have no fight left in us when the terminators come."
LOL!!! That's great bnhtla! That should be on a magnet somewhere. I totally agree too. No reason that the scale should dictate our moods or our self worth. NSV's are what are really important, living and not avoiding your life or putting it off, those are some major NSVs and the best way to undermine the plan of the terminators!

Beck - I'm glad the kids are finally off school and you don't have to make that long drive anymore. And wow 2.4? That's great!

Bigmid - Wear the dress!! Unless it's the kinda thing that is so super sexy that it wouldn't be appropriate for a graduation, don't worry about whether it looks to "young" for you or not! Come on girl! Age is a state of mind! If you've got a dress you love, you need to wear that dress! Feel good about yourself in that dress, feel the age you think is appropriate for the dress and enjoy! Live it up! No excuses!

Kelsey - Yeah, I totally understand what you're saying. Sorry if my response kinda gave the wrong impression about what you had said originally. I get like that too, this week, even though I'm not embarrassed or feeling bad for POSTING a gain, it still bugs me a bit that it's a gain at all, so I know where you're coming from.

Good luck on the weigh in today Bluezers!!

Go Blue!!
Old 06-26-2011, 09:57 AM   #33  
Sue

It has been a very stressful week. Hopefully next week will be more calm. I am finding it hard to get much computer time. I hope everyone has enjoyed their weekend so far.

Last edited by KayakGal; 06-26-2011 at 09:58 AM.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:03 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Good Luck Blue on the weigh in!
Old 06-26-2011, 10:04 AM   #35  
Doing something for me!

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/125-135

Height: 5'4"

kayakgal I am the same way...finding it hard to be on as much as I would like. I barely have time for school as well. Ugh I need to find my balance again. At least the scale is going back down and my eating is better.

Last edited by PageLynn; 06-26-2011 at 10:04 AM.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:23 AM   #36  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Hey girlies!!!

Been missing yall, just so busy lately. Read thru the posts and noticed a couple here I wanna respond to real quick.

Bigmid, OMG! I am having this exact same issue. I've had it since I lost to under 200. I feel almost the same as when I was 277. I always thought I'd feel great, I'd know I looked good, etc. NO. I feel the same, except not as tired or unfit as then. I feel actually that I look worse because I'm saggy but mainly can hide that under clothes. Mostly doesn't matter because I work on toning alot so arms look ok in sleeveless. But inner thighs and belly.. awwwful. I forget I can shop in regular sizes too, lol. I head for plus every time I'm at a store. Then remember, then go to XL and sommmmmetimes, Large in the reg section. Very strange when you have been obese since you were 5. Right now I'm about 18 lbs from not even being overweight. Very strange. Hmm, what else? When people hug me they exclaim how tiny I am now. 163 isn't tiny but I guess since I'm 114 lbs down, I am compared to then. But I'm pear shaped so my hips are still 43". Not tiny. LOL. Luckily my waist is now under the heart condition risk factor size. I was 34 last time I measured. When I first measured my body, it wasn't at my largest, it was at about 255 lbs I think?? My hips then were 61", waist was 49". So I KNOW I'm smaller.

And also, I just can't help thinking, when certain people treat me better now, more kind, how can people be so shallow? I'm good enough to be granted their attention now, but wasn't when I was heavy. I'm the exact SAME person. I know what I knew, I act like I did, I even have the same amount of self esteem. I never cared if I was heavy, was so used to it, (still alwaysss tried to lose because you are never truly content heavy, either because of society or because you can't run up stairs and want to, whatever reason,I still dressed up and all that back then, did the same things... I know some people change when they lose but I guarantee you, I've always been the way I am and do what I do, think what I think.

But the certain people who are more receptive to me now are snobbier to fat people than my real friends. So it makes me see I would rather not be part of their group. I include any and all kinds and shapes in my own life. So I see that they aren't part of that. Why should I allow that? I'm happy with my friends who were there throughout it all. They saw ME before. And loved ME. Didn't matter what size I was.

Always remember that you matter. Doesn't have anything to do with what others see, think or say about you. I learned that young. And I believe it. And if you think that way, then people who just wanna hang out because you all the sudden look good, they aren't the people for you. They are fair weather friends. If you can call them friends. (TO Bigmid, wear that dresssss!!! And I don't know if you have had any of the people instances I have, just needed to vent about that~ so thanks for listening!!! Would love to hear of others who have lost some and what people's reactions have been??)

Ok, off my soapbox

And to Laura, YES! I have gained and lost 10 in a week. I had lotsa salt at one point, even now this morning I show 170. No way tho, just no way. So don't care what the scale says. I weigh every day just to marvel and laugh at what it'll say and I do write it on my calendar to look for patterns, etc and to watch for when pms starts and how I bloat up then, etc. But do NOT give it power it doesn't deserve. Also, the heavier you are at any point, the more it'll fluctuate. Mine usually goes up and down about 6 lbs one way or the other. I used to go up to 10 tho. So no biggie. IGNORE the idiot scale. Hugs!!!

Selina
Old 06-26-2011, 07:57 PM   #37  

Hi everyone just 2 hours left to WI.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:58 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 235/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Blue Team, popping in quick to say hi, but I'll post more later!

Hope everyone's having a great day!