Old 02-22-2010, 06:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

Default Blue Team WOSC Week 8 Chat

Hey there ladies!! I Congrats to our Biggest Losers hsmomx2, Idealmuse, IconisedGhost and mageorge!!
I am off to work and unfortunately am without a computer now indefinately.. I will find a way to be back next Sunday/Monday for weigh ins though...
I hope everyone has a wonderful week.. and I invite anyone who would like to, to come up with a Boost challenge for everyone on Thursday, as I do not believe I will be able to get to a computer before then.. again...
Miss you ladies!!!!
Old 02-22-2010, 07:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Here's to a new week. Feeling like I am finally on the right path.

Hope everyone is doing well!! Hi to all

Babygrant-Congrats on onederland!!!

hsmom-Wow! great week...keep up the hard work.

Jessica, Muffentop, & Gracie- you gals are down considerable amounts of weight...24, 15, & 22 lbs. respectively. You girls are an inspiration to me. Keep up the good work and I hope to be seeing similar results now that I have finally decided to work this program and quit dreaming about it. Thanks again for the inspiration!!

Last edited by maryshady; 02-22-2010 at 07:37 AM.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:28 AM   #3  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

weebles, good to know you know about gardening! I love it although I have sooo much to learn. I love the milk jug idea. I started my tomato seeds in my windowsill and they are growing tall! How do I ensure I can help them get strong enough to grow into hardy little plants before transplant? I am going to add miracle grow for them soon but last year when I tried to separate them to spread them out and plant, after that they died. They are so tiny and tall and spindly right now. When do they thicken?

I'm bout to bathe me and the girls before Emily's class at noon. Then probably will go get Meadow's hair cut today then come home and maybe go ahead and plant my hedges in front. We'll see if I have time. If not, then Wed morning prolly.

Hugs!! BBL!
Selina
Old 02-22-2010, 11:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon2BFitChick View Post
They are so tiny and tall and spindly right now. When do they thicken?
I love gardening. Usually the plants do okay in a sunny window...it's when you add grow lights you really have to watch because the plants soooo badly want to reach up to the light, that's when they go really really skinny and tall and won't survive.

I cheat....I buy all my plants from an organic greenhouse. It only costs me about $30.00 to buy all my plants and it fills my garden which is about 30 feet by 60 feet. Then i have an apple tree, apricot tree, and peach tree. YUMMMMM.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

I'm back on track this week! I can feel it!

Congrats to our biggest losers this week. Everyone did so well!!!

I'm so proud of everyone who has stuck with us. ANy idea how many we lost this week?
Old 02-22-2010, 11:45 AM   #6  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

Hope everyone has a great week!

This is my rest week from my training schedule so it's going to be a bit harder to keep a good deficit going... and next week I'm going to the UK for a week!

The nice thing about gardening is it burns calories, and you get all that great fresh food. I haven't done one in a few years but I'm thinking of doing some this year.

Congrats to the biggest losers!

Last edited by Idealmuse; 02-22-2010 at 11:46 AM.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Congrats hsmom, muse,inconisedGhost, and mageorge on being our biggest losers.

I'd love to have a garden, but we rent and I don't think the landlord would be ok with it. Not to mention, we have a lot of disrespectful naughty kids that would probably demolish it.

Babygrant-way to be back on track. I was a bit off track last week to, but I've stocked up on fruits and veggies, so I'm ready for a good week as well.

Muse-Wow! UK, I'd love to go there some time. Make sure to tell us all about it when you get back.

Mary-Glad to see you back

Selina-Good luck with your tomato plants

Last week after working out I was so drained. I'm not sure if I'm trying to do too much or if its because of what I'm fueling my body with. So this week I'm trying to eat clean and instead of doing all my strength in one day I'm going to do legs one day and arms the next. Well I spose I best get my pilates in so I can finish getting ready for work. Everyone have a great day!
Old 02-22-2010, 01:08 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

Hey ladies... just a quick pop in on my break before I have to get this laptop back to my friend.. lol BUT on the up side I think I may have found a solution to my no computer problem.. at least until my laptop is fixed and returned.. I will know this evening for sure

Week 6
Eliminations

shcirerf
bbybear712

In danger of being eliminated next week as both Freebies have been used
Catsgenhealthy
Turning30
Nixmom

Well.. back to work for me.. I am having a horrible sugar craving today... grrr gotta find something to fix that without derailing myself or I will by tonight for sure... lol See you all later.. hopefully!![/FONT][/SIZE]

Last edited by Cape Breton Chick; 02-22-2010 at 01:09 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:52 PM   #9  
Making Progress!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

I am doing ok.

Ok.

Not great. Just ok.

I'm hoping this will change first thing tomorrow morning
Old 02-22-2010, 03:07 PM   #10  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Congratulations to our Biggest Losers hsmomx2, Idealmuse, IconisedGhost and mageorge. Good job, ladies. And a BLUE congratulations to the RED TEAM on breaking their losing streak, even if it meant we lost this week.

You gals are making me jealous talking about gardening and starting plants. It's too early here as nothing really can go in the ground until June after we're safe from frost. But it's been such a mild winter and the ground isn't even frozen that it looks like spring is coming already, but it's not. I haven't done any gardening to grow food plants in such a long time but I really want to have a little garden this year. I love Swiss Chard and it grows really well and easily. I'd also like to plant a few tomatoes and maybe something else. I don't want any real work to do as we'll be away part of the summer but I'd love to eat from the garden. We have rhubarb and chives but once they takes hold there's not any real care to those plants. They grow in spite of my neglect.

I walked/jogged my 6.55 kilometre route today in record time. When I started it took me about 90 minutes to walk and the fastest I'd ever done it was 70 minutes. Today I added some jogging and managed to get it done in 64 minutes. Yeah!!! I'm aiming for 60 minutes or under but I'm going to lower that to 50 minutes or under.

Well, girls have a great week and let's burn the fat.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:21 PM   #11  
50 is the new 40!

S/C/G: 165/165/140

Height: All of 5ft Tall

Congratulations to our Biggest Losers hsmomx2, Idealmuse, IconisedGhost and mageorge!

I guess this has been a hard week for me, I am at a standstill again., but I am beginning to see a pattern. I will lose 2 pounds, then nothing for 2 weeks, so I am okay with that. I have managed to keep off 17 pounds for a year, so yep, I am on the slow but steady route.

Losing slow and steady is the best way anyways right?
Old 02-22-2010, 06:10 PM   #12  
fake it till you make it!

S/C/G: 128/ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

Angela, to cure that "I gotta have sugar" feeling...take an apple, core it and put it in a bowl with a little bit of water. Microwave for 3 minutes, drain the water. Sprinkle with splenda and cinnamon and a dollop of fat free cool whip. It is really yummy and takes care of those cravings for very little calories. Hope this helps!
Old 02-22-2010, 07:53 PM   #13  
ars
looking for onederland

S/C/G: 300/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Hi ladies!

Huge congrats to this week's biggest losers hsmomx2, Idealmuse, IconisedGhost and mageorge! Even though the blues didn't win, we did GREAT! An overall team loss of 21 pounds is amazing!

I had two huge fails last week. Number one, I got zero exercise outside of normal everyday activity. TOM is partly to blame, but I know that I could have worked out on some of the days when it wasn't so bad. Number two, I had my first terrible eating day on Saturday since starting in December. It started with lunch at Olive Garden where I couldn't say no to breadsticks and ended at a surprise birthday tea party where there was too much good stuff...and because it's served in courses, it just didn't seem like a lot until I listed it all. I am consoled in the fact that I could have done worse...like if I used sugar and cream in my tea, had another flute of champagne, had more scones, took a bigger piece of quiche, ate seconds of finger sandwiches, or had one of every mini dessert choice...I managed to not do all that, so I didn't totally throw will power to the curb. Anyway, I still somehow managed a loss this week! I am back on track today, and I will get all my exercise in this week! I am so close to my first mini-goal...it would be great to get there by the week 9 weigh in!

Here is to hoping everyone has an OP week!
Old 02-22-2010, 11:16 PM   #14  

Hi just wanted to pop in a say congratulations to our biggest losers this week.

Not really anything new on my end worked out tonight and now going to go to bed soon.
Have a great night everyone.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:58 AM   #15  
Making Progress!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Feeling good this morning after a somewhat sweaty workout. Think it's time to step it up a notch and get some serious exercise in this week! Hope everyone's doing good.