Old 02-23-2010, 10:38 AM   #16  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

Morning ladies!!! Congrats to our winners!!!! Great job ladies!!

TOM showed up yesterday, so that explains my standstill. At least I have lost what I gained when I was out of town... Got to work out in the garden over the weekend, so that was nice. I need to get moving on picking out what to plant because I need to get my seeds in the ground soon. I really like having fresh veggies right out of the garden. No other exciting news here.

Mercy - slow and steady wins the race!

Isabella - Way to go on the jogging!!!

Angela - Hope you get the computer issue figured out soon!

Dayone - Good job on the sweaty workout!!

oops gotta run!
Old 02-23-2010, 11:34 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealmuse View Post
The nice thing about gardening is it burns calories, and you get all that great fresh food.
Isn't it great! Pesticide free fresh vegetables and fruit. WOOT! My kids love gardening as well. They help me plant, help me pick, help me water. Last year we made rattatoille (however you spell it!) with all veggies from the garden!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream710 View Post
I'd love to have a garden, but we rent and I don't think the landlord would be ok with it. Not to mention, we have a lot of disrespectful naughty kids that would probably demolish it.
Could you just do some container planters with tomato plants or squash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Breton Chick View Post
I am having a horrible sugar craving today...
An apple sprinkled with cinnamon works for me.....sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayoneagain View Post
I am doing ok.

Ok.

Not great. Just ok.
I'm right there with ya! So are you up for a challenge. I challenge you to three days this week of a good sweaty workout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post
I walked/jogged my 6.55 kilometre route today in record time. When I started it took me about 90 minutes to walk and the fastest I'd ever done it was 70 minutes. Today I added some jogging and managed to get it done in 64 minutes. Yeah!!! I'm aiming for 60 minutes or under but I'm going to lower that to 50 minutes or under.
That's wonderful!!! Great job!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercy03 View Post
I guess this has been a hard week for me, I am at a standstill again.,
But you figured out what it was from...so just keep your chin up and wait until the witch is gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mageorge View Post
Angela, to cure that "I gotta have sugar" feeling...take an apple, core it and put it in a bowl with a little bit of water. Microwave for 3 minutes, drain the water. Sprinkle with splenda and cinnamon and a dollop of fat free cool whip.
Yummmm. That sounds super good. Do you peel the apple or leave the peel on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars View Post
I had two huge fails last week. Number one, I got zero exercise outside of normal everyday activity. TOM is partly to blame, but I know that I could have worked out on some of the days when it wasn't so bad. Number two, I had my first terrible eating day on Saturday since starting in December. It started with lunch at Olive Garden where I couldn't say no to breadsticks and ended at a surprise birthday tea party where there was too much good stuff...and because it's served in courses, it just didn't seem like a lot until I listed it all.
It's a new week and your going to rock!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmid View Post
Not really anything new on my end worked out tonight and now going to go to bed soon.
Have a great night everyone.
Glad you popped in!
Old 02-23-2010, 03:57 PM   #18  
fake it till you make it!

S/C/G: 128/ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

Babygrant, I leave the peel on, but I guess you could take it off if you don't like that part. But there is good stuff in the peel!
Old 02-23-2010, 04:04 PM   #19  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

So, I forgot it was a new week and I had to find the new thread. duh. I've been going to my CP and looking for new posts in my subscribed threads. HA HA.

dream710, you may be able to garden on your porch/balcony/patio as was suggested...there are ways, it depends how desperate you are. Or maybe there is someone you know who is willing to share their dirt with you (an ideal person would be a nearby elderly person who still lives at home--they may have all the tools, love having the old-time veggies to eat and even more, they love having the visits from your family--but they've had to give up gardening or cut back. If you don't have someone in your family, you might meet someone at a church, senior center, etc.

You may also be able to participate in a community plot garden...maybe your local County Extension office can help you find one.

Selina, there are a couple of tricks. This sounds weird but you gotta trust me.
1) tomatoes grow outside where there is wind. They need a breeze - you need to either take them outside when it's over 50 degrees (but not in the bright sunshine especially in Texas) and let them get a nice breeze) or get an oscillating fan (the kind that turns) or a little clip on desk fan and give them a nice blow every once in a while. Not wind-tunnel blow, but a nice breeze. you want to see them dance. Not break over in half, but jiggle.

2) tomato plants are special because they can grow roots on their stem. That means, when you move them from a little cup/pot to a bigger one, you can pile dirt up their puny thin stem (just pinch off the leaves if you are going to bury them, they don't mind--leave at least 2 sets sticking out the top and you are OK!) and they will grow roots all up and down where the puny little stem was.

3) if you are not growing your tomatoes in the Southernmost window you have and they are not getting great sun, you may need some extra light. either you need a grow light, or you need to take them outside. You may want to put them under a suspended bedsheet in Texas, the sun is stronger there and they will burn.

3) if you water them too much or keep them too wet you will kill them. it is better to let them get a little droopy and then saturate them completely than to water them every day. Again, if you keep them outside in the Texas sun, they will dry up REAL quick. In that case, put them in a tray of water--don't pour water on the leaves ever.

4) Don't plant seeds in potting SOIL, plant them in soil-less seed-starting mix. Miracle-grow moisture control is excellent (and it really helps with #3). I also really like Jiffy-7 peat pots and they are so cool to work with when you have kids, 'cause you put the dried out checkers in water and they expand.

I have a balcony outside this room, mine sit on a baker's rack in the window here, and whenever it's warm out, I put mine outside where they get warmth, sunlight, and wind.

OK, today is my birthday, this is my school's "reading week" which means I get to stay home but I have 2 papers, a sermon on Sunday, and some other homework to do (plus a test to study for.) So much for my birthday.

And I caught my daughter's cold!!!!
Old 02-23-2010, 05:38 PM   #20  
Making Progress!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygrant View Post
I'm right there with ya! So are you up for a challenge. I challenge you to three days this week of a good sweaty workout!
I'm definitely up for that. I also think I need to face reality and admit that a 35 minute workout every other day isn't good enough, considering the rest of my week is spent sat on my ***.

What do you guys think is a reasonable amount of time to be working out, in order to lose a decent amount of weight each week, when my life has no other exercise in it? Realistically, I should probably be aiming to get in at least an hour a day. What do you think?

I really want a big number soon. I feel like I'm going nowhere.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:47 PM   #21  

Hi everyone hope you had a great day mine was okay not much new to report though.

Weebleswobble -HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2010, 10:28 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayoneagain View Post
I really want a big number soon. I feel like I'm going nowhere.
I really want a big number too! I love looking through the weigh in threads and I feel envious when I see people losing 5 lbs a week. But ya know...I'm going to make this my week....and the next and the next. Nobody else is fighting for me, so I need to fight for myself!
Old 02-23-2010, 10:29 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by weebleswobble View Post
OK, today is my birthday, this is my school's "reading week" which means I get to stay home but I have 2 papers, a sermon on Sunday, and some other homework to do (plus a test to study for.) So much for my birthday.

And I caught my daughter's cold!!!!
Happy Birthday!!!! I hope your cold buggers off soon!
Old 02-23-2010, 10:51 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 268/268/180

hey ladies!! Not trying to butt in on your great progress........but i was officially asked to be an "unofficial" member of the blue team by Mercy03. I won't weigh in with you guys......but i'm excited for the next challenge to start....which seems like forever away...lol! But means i get a head start right..hehe!! I hope you will all have me as a blue team member...lol. I'll tell ya a little bit about me...
My name is Tiffany
I'm 28 yrs old
I'm a stay at home mom
My kids are Ethan who is 8 and Addison who is 19 months
I'm willing to do whatever it takes to change me for once in my life!!
I will support you to the ends of the earth if you will do the same for me
If you ever need a shoulder to cry/rant on.......i will clear some room on these big shoulders!!
I often say crazy random things
My favorite movie is Knocked up/Anything with Seth Rogen/Paul Rudd/Jason Seigel
I completely STOKED!! to be joining you ladies!! Even if I have to wait....it ok with me!!
Anything else you wanna know......please don't hesitate to ask me!!!

thanks in advance!!! Let's get physical physical....i wanna get physical...(dont know the rest) hehe!!
Old 02-23-2010, 10:53 PM   #25  
50 is the new 40!

S/C/G: 165/165/140

Height: All of 5ft Tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nella View Post
Morning ladies!!! Congrats to our winners!!!! Great job ladies!!

TOM showed up yesterday, so that explains my standstill. At least I have lost what I gained when I was out of town... Got to work out in the garden over the weekend, so that was nice. I need to get moving on picking out what to plant because I need to get my seeds in the ground soon. I really like having fresh veggies right out of the garden. No other exciting news here.

Mercy - slow and steady wins the race!

Thanks Chica!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygrant View Post
Isn't it great! Pesticide free fresh vegetables and fruit. WOOT! My kids love gardening as well. They help me plant, help me pick, help me water. Last year we made rattatoille (however you spell it!) with all veggies from the garden!

Could you just do some container planters with tomato plants or squash?

An apple sprinkled with cinnamon works for me.....sometimes.

That's wonderful!!! Great job!!!

But you figured out what it was from...so just keep your chin up and wait until the witch is gone!

Yummmm. That sounds super good. Do you peel the apple or leave the peel on?

It's a new week and your going to rock!!!

Glad you popped in!
LOL, I think I qouted the wrong post, but.........Thanks for the encouragement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmid View Post
Hi everyone hope you had a great day mine was okay not much new to report though.

Weebleswobble -HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!
Hey Bigmid, nice to see you here

Weebleswobble, Happy Birthday!

Last edited by Mercy03; 02-23-2010 at 10:54 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:43 AM   #26  
Making Progress!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Hi Tiffany, welcome to the team!

Quote:
I really want a big number too! I love looking through the weigh in threads and I feel envious when I see people losing 5 lbs a week. But ya know...I'm going to make this my week....and the next and the next. Nobody else is fighting for me, so I need to fight for myself!

Ditto. I'm starting to get quite angry at my scale, haha!

Here's to a POP day!
Old 02-24-2010, 06:34 AM   #27  
fake it till you make it!

S/C/G: 128/ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

I just want to know...how can you follow your eating plan (passing up yummy chocolate gobs even!) and exercise for at least 60 minutes each night and then show a gain of 3 pounds on the scale in the morning? I am so disgusted right now! I just don't understand how I can be doing everything I should be doing (and even extra!) and I show a gain!!!!! Sorry for the rant, I am really disgusted at the moment...what a way to start the day!
Old 02-24-2010, 07:40 AM   #28  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi Tiffany!
Old 02-24-2010, 08:49 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 268/268/180

hey..thanks for the warm welcome.......it means so much!! I have a question for you guys......on the last chance workout thread......do you have to post the exercise you do.......also the food you eat? just wondering......not a big deal i keep a food journal and i exercise 6 days a week so that wont be a problem..just wondering if you have to post or what?? just figuring out the rules for the next time around. Do you all stay on the blue team for the next challenge too?? Hope everyone is doing great today!!!! today is my rest day because i bowl tonight, and i found that if i exercise before i bowl.......i dont bowl so well because my muscles are tired from the day...lol!! what a weakling somedays i am....hehe!!! changing that trait though.....soon im gonna kick some booty!!
Old 02-24-2010, 09:24 AM   #30  
50 is the new 40!

S/C/G: 165/165/140

Height: All of 5ft Tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethsmommy View Post
hey..thanks for the warm welcome.......it means so much!! I have a question for you guys......on the last chance workout thread......do you have to post the exercise you do.......also the food you eat? just wondering......not a big deal i keep a food journal and i exercise 6 days a week so that wont be a problem..just wondering if you have to post or what?? just figuring out the rules for the next time around. Do you all stay on the blue team for the next challenge too?? Hope everyone is doing great today!!!! today is my rest day because i bowl tonight, and i found that if i exercise before i bowl.......i dont bowl so well because my muscles are tired from the day...lol!! what a weakling somedays i am....hehe!!! changing that trait though.....soon im gonna kick some booty!!
Welcome Tiffany! I didn't see your post last night, appearantly we were posting at the same time. Good luck with your goals here.

To answer a couple of your questions..........

When the next challenge comes up, you can request which team you want to be on, Red or Blue. We like Blue

Yes to posting your stats on nutrition and exercise it's not required, but it helps! There is also a faq section on the top of the biggest loser forum main page, check it out!