Old 02-24-2010, 10:13 AM   #31  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mageorge View Post
I just want to know...how can you follow your eating plan (passing up yummy chocolate gobs even!) and exercise for at least 60 minutes each night and then show a gain of 3 pounds on the scale in the morning? I am so disgusted right now! I just don't understand how I can be doing everything I should be doing (and even extra!) and I show a gain!!!!! Sorry for the rant, I am really disgusted at the moment...what a way to start the day!
you could be having water gain from the exercise...microtears, they call them, I think...(tear like "rip" not "cry")

Are you on a low sodium diet?
Old 02-24-2010, 10:24 AM   #32  
50 is the new 40!

S/C/G: 165/165/140

Height: All of 5ft Tall

Quote:
I just want to know...how can you follow your eating plan (passing up yummy chocolate gobs even!) and exercise for at least 60 minutes each night and then show a gain of 3 pounds on the scale in the morning? I am so disgusted right now! I just don't understand how I can be doing everything I should be doing (and even extra!) and I show a gain!!!!! Sorry for the rant, I am really disgusted at the moment...what a way to start the day!
I often had the same feeling as you, lots of exercise, eating right, than a weight gain.I am sure the exercising alone is causing a couple of pounds of weight gain, it happens to me all the time when I exercise more than 4 times a week, and weebleswobble is probably right on target with the sodium. Are you still eating processed foods? If you are, check out the sodium count, you will be surprised.

Anyways, the good news is, everytime that I have a weight gain from exercise, it comes off in a couple of days, and I end up losing for the week. Don't give up, after all the exercise and dieting is making you HEALTHIER!
Old 02-24-2010, 11:19 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Quote:
I bet you'll WHOOOOOOOOSH soon!!! Everything your doing is irght....so just be persistant and like the saying goes...."good things come to those who wait"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethsmommy View Post
hey ladies!!
Welcome Tiffany! You'll love this team. It rocks!!!! There's so many awesome ladies here.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:37 AM   #34  
hand to mouth disease?

mageorge, trust your non-stretch jeans and your measuring tape over your scale, too. They won't lie to you. I have found that in the 205-195 (see my height/weight and WL history, adjust accordingly) I have plateaued a lot in the last 2 months but continued to trim significantly losing an entire pant size in only 10 pounds (16-14, 14s now loose) It's like my body said, "WAAH! Sec, you just lost 60 pounds, chill for a sec while I do some redistributing!" I have noticed a significant change in my waist and hips and thighs these last 10 pounds but they have come off slowly.

Also, if you are working out, you may be building muscle (which is good), so you have to consider the weight of the additional muscle as well. At the end of the day, it's not about the number on the scale, it is about your health and physical well-being.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:51 AM   #35  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hello Bluepers. I had a great jog/walk today. Made my goal of 60 minutes or less. I made it in 60 minutes. I could have jumped up and down with excitement but I could hardly walk up the steps to the house. Hahaha.

Weebles
, thanks for all the info on the tomatoes. Very helpful. And a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you. Hope your day was wonderful, even with a cold.

Dayoneagain, you need to get your hear rate up when you exercise, but you probably know that already. I'd aim for an hour at least 5 days a week.

Bigmid, hi there. Hope your day is good.

Babygrant, big losses are not always practical to your eating and exercise regime so don't be discouraged if it's a pound or two instead of the longed for 5. Remember the larger you are the more you should or will lose, initially. As you become smaller the weight comes off less dramatically. But it comes off and that's the important thing.

Tiffany, welcome to the team. Hope you'll get in good shape for the next challenge when you can join officially. Let's get physical physical....i wanna get physical...(dont know the rest, either). I used to run to that one in the gym and it really has a great beat.

Mercy, what are you up to girl?

Mageorge, I think the girls have it right on with their explanations. Sometimes the body just holds on to the water for various reasons. You know it can't be fat unless you've totally underestimated your eating and exercise. Did you eat late going to bed? You'll see a difference in a few days.
Selina, waves to you. And to everyone else. Come and let us know how you're all doing.

Gone to clean up the kitchen and then I'm off for a few hours of volunteering. Have a great day.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:15 PM   #36  
50 is the new 40!

S/C/G: 165/165/140

Height: All of 5ft Tall

I'm getting ready to go to work, everyone have a nice day today.

@ Ms. Retire, I'm up to nothing but dieting and exercise.
@ Tiffany, again welcome, glad you made it here with us.

To everyone else
Old 02-24-2010, 01:33 PM   #37  

45 minute brisk walk on the treadmill. I feel great!
Old 02-24-2010, 02:00 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 268/268/180

Wed. is my rest day........thank goodness....my poor muscles need it!! plus i go bowling tonight..and its laundry day......so i get to up and down the steps a million times........and i get exercise from the bowling!! Keep up the great work!!!! GO BIG BLUE!!!!
Old 02-24-2010, 02:47 PM   #39  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Well I just typed my reply written here and Meadow reached up and pushed ESC and it all erased. She is crying and pulling on my leg so can't redo it.

Be back later if I ever can. Haven't had time to exercise in days either. I'm not surprised tho. I'm pretty used to not having any time for me to do anything at all. I don't know what made me think I would actually get to keep exercising. Everything else has to come first. So used to it.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:12 PM   #40  
hand to mouth disease?

Excuse me. I just had to post so I could see my sig with my cold-induced woosh. I'm sure I'm dehydrated, but hey! claim it!

Hey, that puts me over 66% gone! WOO!

Last edited by weebleswobble; 02-24-2010 at 03:12 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:36 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by weebleswobble View Post
Excuse me. I just had to post so I could see my sig with my cold-induced woosh. I'm sure I'm dehydrated, but hey! claim it!

Hey, that puts me over 66% gone! WOO!
WOOT!!! Great job!
Old 02-24-2010, 05:05 PM   #42  
Mommy of 6, 4, almost 1!!

S/C/G: 194.6/179.2/155

Height: 5'1"

man. i not only fell off the wagon, i think i even jumped off the dang thing. gained about 3 pounds. i lost my motivation and was eating like everything. now 3 stupid pounds. once on the lips, forever on the hips. til i beat the crap out of them. and im supposed to go shopping with my sister eater weekend. gosh. i'll get over it.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:36 PM   #43  
Making Progress!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post
Dayoneagain, you need to get your hear rate up when you exercise, but you probably know that already. I'd aim for an hour at least 5 days a week.
Oh, I get my heart rate up to it's limit and sometimes wonder if I need to take it a little easier as I get a bit worried about over doing it. I usually run 5km in about 35 minutes, every other day, and weights twice a week (although no weights for the last fortnight).

I think going for longer workouts is a necessity and getting into a routine where I feel comfortable and can reap the rewards.

HOWEVER, if I'm being 100% honest today is the first day of 2010 where I have taken the healthy eating seriously. I felt hungry around 8pm so I ate some sugar free jello for 0 calories. I don't even like it, but the sweetness got rid of my "hunger" which was really just a naughty evening craving.

I honestly feel like I'm 100% on track for the first time since this challenge started. Before today I have only been putting in 70% effort and kidding myself. I also saw a quote in someone's sig today that said "Don't wail on the scale, if you're cheating with your eating!" and it is SO TRUE.

I feel fab and tomorrow I will be taking my exercise up a notch by working out for an hour instead of 35 mins. I may take a freebie this week as I think a break from the scale is in order.

Thanks lovely ladies. You are very motivating and wonderful

Last edited by dayoneagain; 02-24-2010 at 05:37 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:58 PM   #44  
hand to mouth disease?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoupfamily View Post
man. i not only fell off the wagon, i think i even jumped off the dang thing. gained about 3 pounds. i lost my motivation and was eating like everything. now 3 stupid pounds. once on the lips, forever on the hips. til i beat the crap out of them. and im supposed to go shopping with my sister eater weekend. gosh. i'll get over it.
You're OK. All you can do is get back up and keep going.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:56 PM   #45  

Hi ladies I hope everyone is having a good day mine wasn't to bad except this morning I was feeling skinny (or as skinny as 202 can be) so I jumped on the scale all excited......I gained 1.2lbs.....so much for skinny thoughts.

dayoneagain - I too want a woosh and more than one..I think it's great that you had an honesty check with yourself I think we all need to have one now and again. You are here and you are doing great so now that you know what 100% on track feels like you will want to do it again. I love sugar free jello I think that you should keep an eye on the time of exercise more isn't always best...listen to you body not just your head on this one. good luck

babygrant - here is to all of whooshing in weight congrats on the 45 min walk on the treadmill

ethsmommy - Welcome to the site.....Happy Bowling

Mercy03 - Hi... I hope you have a great day at work

mageorge - WOW 60 min of exercise every day that's alot....do you ever give yourself a rest day so that you body can repair itself. I know how you feel on the 3lb gain as any gain is not fun but you most likley either have water retention or muscle gain so try not to let it get you down

retirdone - I'm glad you had a good walk today.....couldn't even jump up and down....LOL hope your able to take steps again.

Soon2BeFitChick - Hello I hope you can get a little time to yourself again. Keep up the good work

Weebleswobble - congratulations on the whoosh

shoupfamily - don't worry about the 3lbs and easter weekend is still over a month away....you can do it we are all right there with you in the support no matter what. I can even say there were many times that I too jumped off the wagon. The only thing that matters is we keep climbing back in it....Maybe we should equip our wagons with seatbelts...LOL

Hello to all our team members come back and post even a quick hello....we miss you all.