Old 12-06-2009, 06:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

Post Biggest Loser Q & A - If you have any questions please post them here.. :o)

This thread is for any and all questions any of you may have in regards to the challenges. I ask that before you post your question to please see here http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/bigg...enges-faq.html , to be sure that it is not a question that has not already been explained. Thank You so much!

Last edited by Cape Breton Chick; 12-06-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:32 PM   #2  
Low carber :)

S/C/G: 223/212/size 6

Height: 64 inches

I assume for the start weight you wanted the weight I signed in with originally on Dec 26 even though it is less today (Jan1). Is that corrects or do I need to go edit it?
Old 01-01-2010, 02:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Basic questions

I've been assigned the blue team and VERY excited to do this! I'm new to the website as well as the format, etc. Am I included automatically into the related threads, challenges, etc.? Is there a central place I go to each day to check on those types of things? I appreciate your time! Kathi
Old 01-01-2010, 02:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinnerbyjuly View Post
I assume for the start weight you wanted the weight I signed in with originally on Dec 26 even though it is less today (Jan1). Is that corrects or do I need to go edit it?
You are correct, the starting weight on your teams weigh in thread should be whatever your original sign in weight was. You'll just have a big loss the first week!
Old 01-01-2010, 02:43 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagirlintx View Post
I've been assigned the blue team and VERY excited to do this! I'm new to the website as well as the format, etc. Am I included automatically into the related threads, challenges, etc.? Is there a central place I go to each day to check on those types of things? I appreciate your time! Kathi
You will need to go to the Blue Team Weigh In thread a make one post for your weight. You will come back and edit that same post each week with your new weight......here is a link to that thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/bigg...gh-thread.html

Each week there will be a team chat thread and a exercise challenge thread. Join right in your chat thread! That is how we encourage and support each other. The exercise challenges haven't been posted yet, but when they do you just post to join. These threads will be in the Biggest Loser Challenges forum, probably very close to the top.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:11 PM   #6  
Low carber :)

S/C/G: 223/212/size 6

Height: 64 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCristo View Post
You are correct, the starting weight on your teams weigh in thread should be whatever your original sign in weight was. You'll just have a big loss the first week!
Thank you!
Old 01-01-2010, 11:42 PM   #7  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 333/310/260

Height: 5'9"

I signed up for this but don't see my name listed...Please advise! I really am looking forward to this!
Old 01-02-2010, 12:17 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passionista View Post
I signed up for this but don't see my name listed...Please advise! I really am looking forward to this!
I'll have to check with Angela about this.....we'll let you know something ASAP.
Old 01-02-2010, 05:59 AM   #9  

Hi Passionista! I double checked the weigh in thread, and the reason you wouldn't have been added to a team was that you signed up but never returned to add your starting weight
Quote:
I want in, please!!! I'm weighing myself later and will check in then.
What we can do though is to add you to the RED TEAM as an "unofficial" team member. Which would mean that you would still be part of the team.. take part in all of the weigh ins, chat and challenges following the same guidelines as everyone else, only difference would be that your weight would not count towards the teams final percentage. But still reap all the benefits of being part of a team, as that is all of our ultimate goal... to have the support, encouragement and motivation to lose weight.
If this works for you please let me know and I will add you as an unofficial member and then we will be all set!

Last edited by Cape Breton Chick; 01-02-2010 at 05:59 AM.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:01 AM   #10  

I dont have a question but I just want to thank you Angela and you Antonia for organizing this! I've never been one who was good at organizing things and I love it when other people do so that I can be part of things! You guys have done an awesome job and I am so excited to be part of this! Thanks again!
Old 01-02-2010, 09:06 AM   #11  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 333/310/260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Breton Chick View Post
Hi Passionista! I double checked the weigh in thread, and the reason you wouldn't have been added to a team was that you signed up but never returned to add your starting weight

What we can do though is to add you to the RED TEAM as an "unofficial" team member. Which would mean that you would still be part of the team.. take part in all of the weigh ins, chat and challenges following the same guidelines as everyone else, only difference would be that your weight would not count towards the teams final percentage. But still reap all the benefits of being part of a team, as that is all of our ultimate goal... to have the support, encouragement and motivation to lose weight.
If this works for you please let me know and I will add you as an unofficial member and then we will be all set!
Oh, I feel so stupid. I wish I was able to receive PM's, as if I had known, I would have remedied it.

Yes, please do add me as unofficial. I appreciate it and am excited to participate. The support is what matters anyway!
Old 01-02-2010, 09:42 AM   #12  

Quote:
Oh, I feel so stupid. I wish I was able to receive PM's, as if I had known, I would have remedied it.

Yes, please do add me as unofficial. I appreciate it and am excited to participate. The support is what matters anyway!

You are added hun! Jump right into the Red Team threads, post your weigh ins in the red team sticky at the top here and tomorrow evening the Week 1 chat threads and the challenge and nutritional journal threads will be added... jump on in to everything with your team!!! So glad to have you join us.. I love your enthusiasm!! You are bound for great success!!!

Last edited by Cape Breton Chick; 01-02-2010 at 09:45 AM.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:44 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieLou View Post
I dont have a question but I just want to thank you Angela and you Antonia for organizing this! I've never been one who was good at organizing things and I love it when other people do so that I can be part of things! You guys have done an awesome job and I am so excited to be part of this! Thanks again!
Aweeee.. Thank You Leslie!! That is such a sweet thing to say and very much appreciated!!! and you are very welcome.. I love doing it.. it is my first time aside from the few weeks I took over the blue team at the end of our last challenge so I am very excited too!!
Old 01-03-2010, 03:00 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 267/ticker/145

okay, so a week from today is the first weigh-in, so i went out and got a better scale, bc the one I have has a huge 8 lbs variance depanding on how you distribute your weight, and i didnt want to be tempted to cheat. Now, i have the new scale blues, my wieght this am was 257.8, not 254.3 and i was wondering how to remedy this so it doesnt count as a gain for the team.

thanks!
Old 01-03-2010, 03:12 PM   #15  
Making Progress!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

I put on 5lbs over Christmas and New Year and registered my weight before Xmas because I wouldn't have internet access over the holidays. I am hoping that my first week will be so good that it won't matter.

I don't think we'll be allowed to alter our starting weights, as I bet everyone has fluctuated over the holidays one way or another. Hmph.