Old 09-16-2008, 09:37 PM   #316  
Domestic Engineer

Ack- it's already Tuesday (night!) and I have yet to check in! I am finding September EXTREMELY overwhelming with 3 kids at 2 schools, one at home, working part-time etc etc...so busy and barely treading water. I'm getting up at 6 am and going to bed around 11-12 and still not finding time to exercise. Obviously this isn't going to work so am trying to figure it all out.
ANyway- I'm Emily- I've been on the red time the last several challenged and am seriously looking forward to this one. I turn 40 next June and am determined to be well on my way to "fit by 40".

I will do the survey in a next post since I didn't copy and paste it
Old 09-16-2008, 09:40 PM   #317  
I am Strong

Smile

Hi everyone.

I'm an unfortunate Red team member whose laptop broke the day before we were assigned teams! All is well now, and it is fixed, so I am super happy to be joining the group, even though I'm introducing myself a little later in the game.

1. What would you like us to call you? Yellofly / Yello

2. What eating plan are you using? Counting calories

3. What is your favorite way to exercise? Aquafit, but I'm working at 30 day shred & Jillian's black 3 pack to mix it up.

4. What is one area of weightloss that you struggle with? I've been plateauing for weeks, and it is really difficult for me psychologically. I had previously been losing for a year and a few months without ever hitting a plateau. Now, all of a sudden I feel so powerless.

5. What is one area of weightloss that you excel at? Going to my exercise classes every week. It gives me structure that I find comforting.

6. What is your short term goal? 5 pounds at a time.

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? I'd love a new winter jacket 'cause last year's is way too big.

8. Best weight loss tip? Persistance, and positivity.

9. Who is your favorite trainer Bob or Jillian? It's all good. I flip-flop betewen 'em. When one of them is extra hard on a contestant, I dislike 'em for a while. It kind of turns me off. (Watching them tonight was brutal!)

10. Tell us a little about yourself! I have returned to university after some time off, and let me tell you... it takes a lot of getting used to. As for weight loss, I've lost 80 pounds so far and now my body is on strike, and refuses to drop weight at all. So I'm upping my exercise and my calories and hoping something clicks. Plateaus suck.

Thanks for reading. I'm totally going to get a red bracelet. GO RED!

-Yello.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:43 PM   #318  
Domestic Engineer

1. What would you like us to call you?
Emily

2. What eating plan are you using?
I want to seriously try the "No-S" diet. http://www.nosdiet.com/
basically no snacks, no seconds, no sweets except (sometimes) days that start with S.

3. What is your favorite way to exercise?
t-tapp and "running" on the treadmill. It's a slow jog

4. What is one area of weightloss that you struggle with?
Getting started after a hiatus!

5. What is one area of weightloss that you excel at?

6. What is your short term goal?
199 by the end of this challenge!!

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal?
Some hip new clothes

8. Best weight loss tip?
portions, portions, portions!! And no eating after 7:30 pm.

9. Who is your favorite trainer Bob or Jillian?
Love 'em both, but would have to pick Bob if I have to.

10. Tell us a little about yourself!
I am a SAHM who is NEVER home! LOL I have 4 kids ages 10, 7, 5 and 4. I work cleaning a couple office buildings at night which is a good workout when I don't get any formal exercise in. I love to read and am frustrated that I have no time right now. Busy with school parent council, church, kids activities etc.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:45 PM   #319  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Just poppin in on a hula hoop break to make sure my lovely Red team is doing their marching!!!!
Old 09-16-2008, 09:53 PM   #320  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

everyone!

So tomorrow I'm off from both jobs! So hopefully I can get over to my mama's in the morning and have the computer uninterrupted for a couple of hours! And I managed not to stuff my face at valero this morning. My manager, who always goes to get something to eat in the morning and buys us stuff, went to MickeyDs today. She asked me if I wanted a biscuit and hashbrown and I told her to bring me a parfait instead. She looked at me like I was nuts but brought it and I enjoyed! Now I did eat some roast beef at the VA but hey one step right?
Old 09-16-2008, 10:10 PM   #321  

Well....I did my LCW! I know I missed one commercial for a bathroom break and to take care of the dogs. Is it just me or did it seem like there weren't that many commericals?....OR I missed a few!

I got a little bored walking in place so I did some of my Zumba moves after a few breaks....it's amazing how much higher my heart rate gets doing the Zumba moves over walking in place!

How's everyone else doing on their LCW?
Old 09-16-2008, 10:42 PM   #322  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Hey all!!

I'm dying to get my own red bracelet. I just love seeing everybody's pics!

About a month ago we had deep cleaned my son's room and found some mold growing. Thought we had it licked, but it's back. We removed the pad, some sheetrock and some 2 x 4's. GROSS. ICKY.

Hope everybody has a great evening!
Old 09-16-2008, 11:18 PM   #323  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Didn't get home until 7:45, right before the show. So, I didn't get on the computer to see the LCW request for during the show. But I did do WATP after the show. However, I was jogging and jumping instead of walking. I had so much energy I couldn't contain it. I have come a long way since 45 pounds ago.

I still need to get a bracelet. Although red underwear sounds fun. If I didn't have so many books waiting to be read I might try the Twilight series. It will have to wait though.

Friday we start our own BL challenge at work. It will be our first weigh-in. We did it from Jan-June this year. I lost quite a bit. I am going to do it again. My partner and I were 2 of the few who kept out weight off over the summer. I even lost some more. Yeah!! I am motivated and rearing to go.

Gotta run.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:30 PM   #324  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

Height: 5'6"

Update, just tracked my workout in TDP. I did the 5 Day Slim Down WATP, all 5 miles. WOW! With the warm up and cool down it's probably about 5.6 miles (since those combines was about 9 minutes). I burned appx 492 calories in 85 minutes.
I need new shoes, mine are worn out and the cheap ones i bought arent working...and I'd love a good HRM. We just had a new Dick's sporting goods open near here, and they have sent coupons for discounts...so might go look and see what they have. would love to have both, but the shoes are most critical...that could be part of the reason i havent wanted to workout lately, cuz it hurts my joints and feet.
well i need a shower, and hate taking one so late. so will be a quick one. might use the kids' johnson's calming milk bath with lavender in it to help me sleep. sounds great! goodnight yall!
Old 09-16-2008, 11:40 PM   #325  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksk571 View Post
Well....I did my LCW! I know I missed one commercial for a bathroom break and to take care of the dogs. Is it just me or did it seem like there weren't that many commericals?....OR I missed a few!

I got a little bored walking in place so I did some of my Zumba moves after a few breaks....it's amazing how much higher my heart rate gets doing the Zumba moves over walking in place!

How's everyone else doing on their LCW?
nope not me...havent watched yet, it's done recording though. I just finished the 5 day slim down WATP, did all 5 miles...so does that count for something?? I think with the 5.5 minutes warm up and the 3 minute cool down it was probably closer to 5.6 miles...plus the 6 minutes of stretching/yoga afterwards....gtrat workout. def wanna buy it. gonna hate to send it back to netflix, but i have other WATP dvds i wanna try out before hubby gets home and hords all the rentals (we downgraded to 1 dvd at a time to save money, since we were getting 3 at a time)...grrr...well at least these 2 months he's been gone i've gotten to try some great new workout dvd and know which ones i wanna buy and which ones i dont.
off to the calming shower and bed...i have class tomorrow, and i promised abigail we'd have breakfast with her in the morning..

fyi...did enyone else know that school lunches for the kids average about 700-770 calories?! at least at my DD's elementary school. i was in shock! no telling what breakfast is...so i might just have the cereal and skim milk and OJ to have a somewhat healthy option over pancake/sausage (kinda like a corndog style).....yikes~!
Old 09-17-2008, 01:07 AM   #326  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

Good morning team

Off to the pool - woot!woot!
Hope I'll shake some excess weight before I weigh in on sunday!!!!
Old 09-17-2008, 01:13 AM   #327  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

I got in from the pool close to 9pm and I am waterlogged and was feeling a little barfy, so I skipped the LCW but I did workout twice today, so I am not feeling too bad. I did well at dinner, one helping and water only and had tons of water at swim team, and then just had 1 granola bar - not the best choice but I feel so icky I didn't even want to prep anything.

I'm off to bed I think. I am just getting back into swimming and I swallow A LOT of pool water. It feels like gallons. Helps flush the system eventually but it makes me so ill - hoping that goes away as I get in better shape. Did 1.5 miles of swimming today and 3.25 miles of run/walk combo! Not too shabby!
Old 09-17-2008, 01:21 AM   #328  
SOFTBALL MOMMA

S/C/G: 235/231/160

hi everyone,
hope you enjoyed the tbl show tonight.
didn't get to see all of it but the end.
amazing results by the folks.
nite
holly
(kept within my calorie count the last 2 days, ya me!!)
Old 09-17-2008, 01:26 AM   #329  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Army
I look forward to Christmas but in my mind is my goal of next summer. It is going to be great to be in shape and my weight pretty much where it should be by the time hot weather hits again. I like the 5 mile video, lots of verity.

Hun
How many min are you up to on the hula hoop

Lea
You are very right, one step at a time.

ksk
There are all kinds of moves you can do while kind of walking in place. My daughter laughs and laughs when we walk on the track. I am tossing my arms around and doing knee lifts and all kinds of stuff.

cakes
Sure hope you feel better
Old 09-17-2008, 01:41 AM   #330  

Red Team Get to know you Survey

So all of our Red team members if you could be so kind as to introduce, or reintroduce yourselves with the following survey.

1. What would you like us to call you? Tori works for me

2. What eating plan are you using? Trying to stay around 1200 calories a day

3. What is your favorite way to exercise? I typically use my treadmill and I also like fitness videos, I just got a WII fit a couple of months ago so I also play games on that

4. What is one area of weightloss that you struggle with? I start great and then something will happen like a vacation or I just get busy and start slipping, I'm determined this time to stay OP because I have my wedding in July

5. What is one area of weightloss that you excel at? Hmm, dont know if excel is the correct word but I love how I feel when I'm staying on track with diet and exercise and that it what drives me.

6. What is your short term goal? 146 by Halloween

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? I'll just be happy to fit into some of the clothes in my closet, I may also buy a new outfit

8. Best weight loss tip? Keep a Food and exercise journal, it is the only thing that works for me

9. Who is your favorite trainer Bob or Jillian? A few weeks ago I might have said Bob but I've been doing the 30 day Shred videos so now I have to say Jillian

10. Tell us a little about yourself! Sure thing, I'm 31, live in Nevada. I have a little boy who just turned 1 last week and I'm getting married to my Best Friend in July. I love staying active, outdoor activities spending time with my family, movie night, a good book, a glass of wine, Happy Hour with good friends, do it yourself projects around the house, and lots more

TORI

P.S. GO RED TEAM