Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 01:01 PM   #91  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Thanks so much...

I appreciate your taking time to think this out for me. Your plan's a good one. I'm going to try it; I haven't been eating enough during the day and eating at night instead. I can work in some sort of veggie snack between 3 and 4...or I may try a low-carb protein shake if I don't have veggies available.

I like your idea of a pre-planned sf jello snack at night. The good news is I'm completely out of peanut butter; the bad news is I've eaten a 16 oz. jar in two or three weeks, with a spoon. And I won't be buying any more for a long time.

The big breakfast is the most difficult for me. Until school started, I got up around 8:30 or 9:00 and ate a nice big brunch around 11. I can't face cooking or eating so early. BLEH! I'll try the egg cups with bacon and sausage you bake ahead and re-heat. Cooking up all that first thing in the morning is probably not going to happen except on weekends and holidays.

I don't think I can make on one cup of coffee; I'm not even going there right now.

But I know you're absolutely right. So thanks again.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:18 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 260.2/228/145

Height: 5'4"

Ok... So I weighed in this morning, but we have company so I forgot to do it til after I had my coffee and Breakfast.. So... 235 for me... I am a little dissapointed, but, knowing that I had eaten softens the blow... Better luck to everyone else... By next Sat... I will have lost some weight!!!!
Old 09-11-2010, 01:54 PM   #93  
Less Juicey

Oh, Hairchick, I know how you feel. I really wanted to lose more than a pound this week. You made me feel better, though; I weighed after two cups of coffee. Maybe they weighed three or four pounds! LOL
Old 09-11-2010, 01:57 PM   #94  
cher37

Great jobs ladies !!!!

... just checking in on my lunch hour (ending in 5 mins)...

I'm @ 220 lbs = 1 lb down from last week, hopefully next week will be more

Sandyfanny - have you thought of omitting cheese for one week & pack bottles of water? (not environmentally friendly, I know, but easy to access if on your desk & replaced throughout the day)

Hairchick - have hope, you'll see a loss soon

Old 09-11-2010, 02:16 PM   #95  
Less Juicey

Default Thanks, Cher

Thank you for the suggestions...Oh, I hate to think about doing without cheese even for a week. When I'm not on Atkins, I eat more cheese than I do now...but maybe that's part of how I gained 80 pounds. Okay, I'll try no cheese for a week starting today. I can pack deviled eggs instead and have those for my snack or for breakfast at school.

I have plenty of water in my little fridge; I just forget to drink it. I'm rodeoing 25-30 16 and 17 year-olds for 5 1/2 hours straight every day Mon. - Fri. It's hard to remember to drink when I'm keeping track of what they're doing (or not doing) and teach at the same time. I haven't hit my school groove yet. "Please hit the groove!"

I do allow my students to have water with them in class, so there's no reason I can't drink it. (The ladies' room is only two doors away). I just stay so preoccupied with what I'm doing, I forget.

I appreciate the encouraging words. Let's all have a better week this week!
Old 09-11-2010, 02:22 PM   #96  
I can, I will, I do

S/C/G: Goal: 130

Height: 5'6"

I'm in! I weigh in every Monday
Old 09-11-2010, 09:40 PM   #97  
Lori

S/C/G: 227/179.5/140

Height: 5'1

I'm in if its not to late.Just starting my second week of induction.Starting weight was 197.5.Today's weight is 194.5
Old 09-11-2010, 10:46 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 241/194/160

Sandyfanny .... the biggest change I had in my life when I started Atkins was having a high protein breakfast EVERY morning. On days I work I get up at 5:15 and I started that specifically to get my breakfast in and not be rushed. I DO NOT have the sugar lows I used to have if my breaks were later or it got so busy that going for a break was not going to happen. I usually have eggs, but sometimes have yogurt and berries or a slice of ham rolled around some cheese .... anything that gives me the fat and protein to satisfy in the long run. Its worth getting into that habit.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:47 AM   #99  

S/C/G: starting size 18/ Goal size 10

Height: 5'5''

Not doing very good this week stayed the same 281. No loss no gain!
Old 09-12-2010, 07:28 AM   #100  
Less Juicey

Lori, welcome! It's not too late to join our challenge...post often and happy eating.

Ghost girl, you lost six pounds very quickly; I'm sure you'll have a better week this week. I only lost a pound.

Shells, thank you. I'm sure you're right. I haven't been eating enough protein early in my day. The last time I got up at 5:15 every morning I was fostering two precious little German Shepherd puppies. It took me extra time to rodeo two puppies! It's worth getting up 15 minutes early if it means I can start my day with fat-burning, appetite-controlling protein - I'm going to have to tell myself that over and over to make it happen. And if I cook it, I can make myself eat.

I really appreciate everyone's help and suggestions. So, Cher, I'm off cheese for the week and I'm eating a big breakfast.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:46 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 277/ticker/155

Height: 5'10"

Hey Sandy, you might also want to try putting an Atkins friendly snack in your fridge at work that you can eat in the car on your commute home. That might keep you satisfied so you can push your dinner back a bit and maybe stave off the late evening cravings? Just a thought

Cher, I like your new pic. Very pretty!
Old 09-12-2010, 06:34 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 295/295/175

Height: 5'6'

I'm in!!!

I'm only on day 3 so I'll post my original weight.

Gah! That is SO not the number I want to be!! Hopefully I'll have a lower number to post next week!

Good luck to all the ladies! Let's be big losers this week!
Old 09-12-2010, 09:12 PM   #103  

Go luckie!

So I told you guys that I ate a lot last night for dinner and man did I. I had a 3.5 lb lobster!!! (I ate about half), and then my fair share of an appetizer platter (a few oysters, prawn, and a scallop wrapped in bacon). MMMM. I managed to completely avoid the bread, dessert and dipping sauces so it wasn't completely off plan but it was just a TON of food. I also (sigh) had 3 glasses of champagne.

So this morning I felt better than I'd felt the past few days and was CONVINCED that I'd knocked myself out of ketosis. Well I just tested and its darker than it was before!! I was in small and and now I'm in medium! I don't think I am dehydrated either because I literally drank 2 large pelligrinos this am and have been drinking water all day.

So I am wondering if I feel better because this is day 3-4 and I am over the "flu" or if it is because I feel better being in more ketosis? Or just coincidence. Any thoughts?

Also - what is your alls take on the drinking while on induction. I know it is a no no.... so I try to just have one glass of wine/champ (at 3 carbs a piece) but occasionally, like last night, I have more. From when I did this before I know that booze doesn't seem to affect my ketosis (so long as it is low carb - ie dry wine or vodka with soda water etc.

Again, I maybe drink 1 time per week but I'm just not sure I want to give it up.... but maybe if you said it was bad enough??

Thanks for listening to my ramble.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:10 AM   #104  
Less Juicey

Default Good morning

Hi everybody and good morning,

Uggghhhh...Monday morning. Didn't want to get up; I never sleep well on Sunday night. But I'm cooking breakfast: 2 sausage patties and a boiled egg. At least not eating at night does make me feel hungry in the a.m.

I don't want to eat, but my tummy does. So, I'm doing the breakfast thing. This is as big a breakfast as I can face. So, let's have a 100% day and a great week!
Old 09-13-2010, 09:02 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 241/194/160

Way to go Sandyfanny .... its not about the size of the breakfast, its about the content and that looks like a breakfast that will last you well into the morning/afternoon
Closed Thread