Old 04-25-2008, 01:39 PM   #16  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Well I've got the house to myself again, had a nice visit with the in-laws. My MIL is a sweet lady too, Aud. My FIL I'm not so fond of. He talks non stop and not always nice. Lucky my DH takes after his mom.

I'm up a few this week due to some off plan food, but overall I think I did OK. Going back to induction today.

Az, You must be getting excited being so close to grad! I really enjoy my LC food too, I had a lindt truffle yesterday and it was so sweet and left a sickly sweet taste in my mouth. I used to love those but now I'd rather have my LC treats.

Aud, I think I need me some "
forced-Positiveness" too. I've been reading the other chat and I think its great you are learning to identify your stressors. And I'm glad your mammogram was OK!

Hi Sue. 1.5 lbs a week is good! Since you don't have the water weight to lose, that 1.5 lbs is likely all fat, and that's fantastic!

I hope the conference cheered you up Rubyjan.

How are you doing Sylvia?
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:42 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 195/188/140

Height: 5 ft. 3 inches

Default Sunday....

So its SUnday afternoon here in England.. Thanks for the thought, Punce (if I may) -- yes the conference had its consolations, but I wrecked my perfect induction..no point in going into it....but now I am staying off the scale for a week, and am totally committing myself to Stay the Course again. Myscale went up 4 pounds -- but I can't bear to dwell on it.

Cleaning up my flat today to cheer up, and then thinking of settling down to an afternoon of Law and Order dvds -- how's that for a homesick New Yorker on a rainy afternoon. I promise to be back on top form tomorrow.

Hope everyone is grooving on their continents.

Ruby
RubyJan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 04:49 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 124kg(272)/94kg(209)/70kg(154

Height: 5'5"

Monday morning here in Oz and it's time to find my mojo. Have an appointment with my PT in less than 2 hours and am seriously lacking in motivation. Am on the fence whether I want to do ST or Cardio with him today. ST fits better with my schedule so think I'll go with that!

Today is weigh day and I am down another kilo/2 pounds. THAT was nice to see. I cut back on dairy and Spenda the last couple days so don't know if it was due to that or the plateau had just run its course (6 weeks). Was a nice surprise either way!

Have made a list of things to get done this week so am hoping to keep the deadly PROCRASTINATION at bay by crossing items off my list this week!

Hope you all had a great weekend.
KrisR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:45 AM   #19  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

Quote:
I had a great day of pilates and then working on a talk I am giving on the 9th of May at the TATE museum in London on the 17th and 18th century debate about whether or not there are an infinity of worlds
Man, that sounds FASCINATING. I guess this is thinking in terms of planets in the universe, rather than parallel dimensions/multiverse stuff?

Azure, I've started incorporating flax seeds in my food at least once a day if I can, to try to make sure I get enough fibre. Because that whole constipated thing? SO unfun. Ick.

Well, on Saturday I went and joined a gym. A proper gym, rather than the little room in my building. I even paid upfront for the services of a personal trainer, although I don't think I want to use her just yet - the first thing she did was put me on some damn machine (she didn't tell me what it was called, even though I asked) which just about WRECKED me. She was saying 'just five minutes!' and I was all 'Er....no. No, I think 2 minutes is plenty, thanks.' And the muscles at the front of my thighs STILL hurt today, 2 days later, after just that 2 minutes. So I'm thinking that this machine is NOT something I need to be using right now - or else that I should be doing some kind of warm up first, or something. Honestly, I nearly fell down the stairs afterwards!

...to be honest, I'm not wholly confident that a Thai chick in Thailand is going to have her head wrapped around my personal trainer needs. Because they just aren't USED to fat people here. It's an aberration. And the fact is, I'm essentially carrying around another person here - which is A LOT of weight, thank you. I think she'd find HER legs hurting, if she'd used the damn machine while carrying someone on her shoulders, you know?

sigh.
broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote