3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Atkins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/)
-   -   Atkins Angels Chat 4/21 - 4/27 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins/140355-atkins-angels-chat-4-21-4-27-a.html)

JerseyGyrl 04-21-2008 06:22 AM

Atkins Angels Chat 4/21 - 4/27

Good Morning Girls! Another week...are you ready?;)

aud 04-21-2008 12:51 PM

ummm, not quite ready jg . . . once my OOopsie Rolls come out of the oven I will be tho'!

My sympathies to you sylvia on the loss of your Gran . . . hope your Mom is doing as well as she can with it as well - you & yours in my thoughts & prayers.:hug:

I'm a'glugging & a'flushing toxins today - also spring cleaning . . . MUST get to Banana Republic - have had that stuck in my head since you mentioned your dress rubyJ! SO BEATIFUL her in MO . . . tired of Frumpy-Aud!

How is everyones Monday "shaping up?"

aud 04-21-2008 01:00 PM

PS: puncie ~ I was thinking of you talking about "refined carbs" late last nite as I watched "Bulging Brides" on WEtv - have you seen? Boot Camp guy goes after Brides who can't fit in their wedding dresses? Boot Camp guy's sidekick does the Food Plan Part . . . she goes thru the Brides cabinets & icebox & throws everything away, right? Last nite you should have seen the Brides face when granola bars etc were all put in the Throw Away basket . . . you could just tell that, like most folks, there is just so much hype & misinformation on what's "good" or "not good."

JerseyGyrl 04-21-2008 01:35 PM

Sylvia...I need to apologize, my head has been elsewhere the past few days...I am so sorry to hear about your Grandmother:hug: You & your family are in my thoughts & prayers.

Have a great day ladies!!:)

RubyJan 04-21-2008 02:06 PM

Keeping ON

Dear Angels:

Well the sun is setting here in London, and I am waiting to eat my chicken breasts wrapped in parms ham with mushroooms diner, and feeling pretty happy with my lot in life. No question but that everything is easier when I am losing weight!
I had a great day of pilates and then working on a talk I am giving on the 9th of May at the TATE museum in London on the 17th and 18th century debate about whether or not there are an infinity of worlds -- heady stuff. And i know that i will be thinner when I give it than I am today, which also cheers me up.

I may find that at the end of themonth I might try adding some plain yougurt to my life -- it would really help my innards, I think BUt will wait and see.
Hope everyone is okay, and that Sylvia, you are having a safe journey.

Ciao, RubyJ.

KrisR 04-21-2008 04:37 PM

Hi all-

Sylvia - sorry about your Grandfather. Safe travels.

Oopsie rolls sound good - I need to make up another batch later. They were so convenient to have in the fridge ready for consumption!

Sun is rising here in Australia so it's time to put my clothes on and head to the gym. Had a great PT session yesterday. Also have 3 new strength training routines set out for me so that will help relieve my boredom.

Best thing is today I have a 2 hour reflexology/massage scheduled! I can't remember the last time I had a massage so it's WAY past time to have one done. And to have someone spend 60 minutes - just on my feet - will be heavenly.

Have a great week everyone!

Puncezilla 04-22-2008 01:44 AM

:hug:Sorry about your Grandmother Sylvia:hug:

Aud, I have watched that show. I'm always amazed by what people think is healthy.

Reflexology is great, Kris. I used to go often and loved it!

RubyJan, Great attitude! I always feel better about everything when I'm losing. Good luck with your talk.

JG, FAY, AZ, Anyone I've missed :spin:

I've got company till Friday. It's been snowing here non-stop for three days! :shocksn:And very cold and windy. Everything is a mess, very bad for driving.
I've been doing pretty well, mostly OP just way too many nuts today. I was out all day and didn't have anything OP to eat so ended up munching on nuts in the evening after dinner. I always seem to over eat in the evening if I don't eat much during the day.

Have a good night all :flow2: . I'll be dreaming of sunshine.

Leenie 04-22-2008 03:31 PM

Hi Girlies,

Just a quick note: I will be gone until Saturday morning so if you have any problems, issues, please contact the BIG CHICKS, either Suzanne or Jennifer.

See you Saturday :hug:

love yah

suechef 04-22-2008 08:46 PM

I am just finishing up day six and it's going fine, I'm down 1.5 pounds - I haven't experienced the big water drop but I was kind of prepared for that since I've been eating roughly 30-40 grams of carbs for a couple of months and probably already lost it.

My sleep patterns are a bit strange and my breath is dreadful (today, for the first time), but that's okay.

I am exercising, drinking my water and staying on plan, though I've had the odd moment of desire for things a rung or two up from induction - not bad things, just things I'm not supposed to have yet. Soon!

I decided to keep drinking coffee to see what happened - I figured if I wasn't losing I'd drop the coffee, and then I would know for sure that it was the culprit. So far so good, 1.5 pounds isn't a lot but if I can do that on a more or less weekly basis it won't take long, and I'm fairly patient.

cheers,
Sue

RubyJan 04-23-2008 02:24 AM

Congratulations, Suechef

Dear Angels:

That is great that you are through the first six days! I hope you feel totally hooked by now. Keep with it and I think it is worth waiting for the increments - -each one will feel like a gift!

Over here I seem to have stopped losing -- I am on day 19 now, and in fact, I am up 2 pounds -- could be a passing thing, could be the fact that I have had about three days of gastric backup (if you get my drift), or could be my metabolism catching up to itself. I am trying hard not to get down about it, and just carry on.

We are still waiting for spring over here in London....
Hope all the school work is done and dusted nowAzure, and that you are resting easy..

RubyJ

RubyJan 04-24-2008 10:36 AM

Thread? What Thread?

Hey Angels,
I am a bit confused -- which thread are we writing on -- last week's or this? I feel sort of embarrassed writing twice in a row, but I just finished a hard 6 hours of work, and had a salad with spcy chicken pieces, and it was delicious. I seem to be just holding steady on the weight front, so have added some more fibre to my meals, so as to, as they say. 'bulk up' a bit, and see if more fibre will result in fewer pounds!

Having done all those things women do to get themselves out of shock --vis guys who are gobsmaking -- I am now feeling a bit low and useless, and wondering how to get snappy again.

I am at a conference all day tomorrow and the day after on !8th century Intellectual Women, and maybe I will find something restorative in that.... otherwise....just keeping away from the Sugar Shack, which would be certain to plunge me into horror, after the first few minutes of carbohydrate heaven...

RubyJ.

aud 04-24-2008 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyJan (Post 2166419)
. . . Hey Angels,
I am a bit confused -- which thread are we writing on -- last week's or this? . . .

Oooops -my bad rube - followed the wrong link from my email.:^::o

I'm going to copy my mil Post over to here anyway because after reading what we were discussing last week - I actually picked up the phone & called her - she was just so tickled to hear from me!

Something GOOD came out of my blunder, eh?:D

(PLUS - your incident with "The Dude Who Didn't Work Out" is now fresh in my mind - sorry ruby - but your description of him & his "furnace ears" cracked me up all over again!:D So glad you let this one GET AWAY GF!:carrot:

aud 04-24-2008 01:21 PM

Here's what I Posted:

I've been lucky in the mil department - mine is a dear who I wish I saw more often but both dh's parents are getting on in age & don't travel anymore. I'd welcome ANYONE to come clean this hovel at this point tho'!

Another revelation.

I think I'm resentful that I am the breadwinner & altho' I rationally understand that dh couldn't help becoming disabled - I've been stalling cleaning/organizing like I usually do on time off 'cause I know that when I rtwork it will just all go kaflooey again . . . nevertheless . . . gotta get on it . . . just saw those little spring "sugar" ants scurrying around the backporch & kitchen sill . . . who knows what wildlife will move in here next?

Wishing the temp would drop into the 30's again - these insects (had mosquitoes already!) - would all benefit from a cold zapping rain!

Azure 04-24-2008 02:18 PM

Hey, Ladies! I just wanted to check in with you all briefly. My semester's winding to a close and between classes, meeting with career councilors and trying to get all my papers written, books read, resumes and cover letters put together, I'm a little bit of a mess!

I had my first very off plan day for a long time on Monday, but I've been right back on track, so I'm not sweating it. I think what amuses me the most about the whole thing is that I really prefer to eat the way I do on low carb. The food I eat has so much more flavor and richness than any of the junk I used to think I craved.

In low carb BM news: I need to get more fiber! I discovered after making some low carb treats, that I was getting too much cheese for a couple days (cream cheese IN the lc treats, and then the normal amount of cheese I typically eat). It resulted in an almost week long backup, which didn't end well. SO--less dairy, more fiber. :) That might be TMI-land, but oh well!

Today is lovely, and I'm going to be doing my work study soon, and maybe I'll go out and buy a skirt and a cute pair of shoes later...it's that sort of day. Anyway, I'll check back with you Angels soon!

aud 04-25-2008 09:40 AM

WTG getting a grip az!:carrot: I'm still on a quest for that kind of balance. So glad you popped by & let us know how your get-along is getting!:hug:

Induction - Thy name is AUD!

Today is my Monday gals . . . fresh & new day with a weekend bursting full of Atkins WOL Opportunities!

(I'm trying out forced-Positiveness to see if helps beat the gloom. I'll let you know how that works out for me!;))