PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 11-30-2006, 11:04 PM   #1  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink TTC and Weightloss--December

Hi Ladies and Welcome to the December Weightloss and TTC Support!

Here we can discuss our "battles" with Weightloss and TTC with PCOS! Having PCOS is a constant uphill "battle" with your body to TRY to do what you WANT it to do! lol.

Together we can support each other through this! Feel free to post about your daily doings, weightloss, TTC, Meds, Questions, whatever you want............

I hope you will join us!!!!!!!!!

Everybody is Welcome!!!!!!!! Even if you do not have PCOS, if you are experiencing other TTC problems or have a family member or friend with PCOS, feel free to join us here.

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 08:06 AM   #2  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

S/C/G: 323/---/290

Height: 5"5

Hey All

Sassy :Happy 1st December , its Christmas shopping time arghhhhhhhhhhhhh lol i have nothing brought hardly god help me these next few weeks. I hope the new meds are being nice to you and are settling down ok , its good to see you around again.

Sept : My hubby doesnt have many of the symptoms only really the nails and the knee caps but he is being geneticlly tested again by Kings college hostpital in London to make sure that is what he has , cos he was diagnosed with it as a child and it was never mentioned to him again , cos he spent some of his childhood in care and foster homes so i guess they never really knew about it to help him , we found out he should be having tests every year to check his kidneys are eyes but he never knew any of this hopsfully the gp/hostpial will keep check on all that stuff now. Well done on the weight loss hunni i wish mine would drop off like that. I have an appoinment with my gp on Monday im gonna ask her if there is any other slimming type pills i can take to help me lose weight , i am currently on Xenical (google it) and its ok but it not doing as much as i would like , she did mention to me about an Anthetamine based medicine that is legal to take here but i am not sure about that one i would need a lot more info before i decided to take that, if not i will continue on the Xenical.Happy 1st December.

Vanessa : I hope your ok hunni , and not working too hard. Happy 1st Decemeber.

Me : I am away tonight till tommorow so i will see you all when i get back , oh and i put on 2lb this week lol totally expected after a pigging out session at the wedding totally self inflicted but i will lose it again.

Take care all love you lots

Teresa
treezuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 11:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Teresa: Happy December to you also! I'm not looking forward to shopping at all! I haven't done it yet and it'll have to wait until the 5th! So things ill be even more hectic.....yikes. How is the weight loss coming? Are you getting a pill to help you out? I've been considering getting something just to give me a boost to reach my birthday goal on time. Let me know what you find out, k?

Everyone: Keep on truckin'! Today is a new day, a new opportunity to get these pounds off, a new chance to make babies.
<3 I love everyone on here so much and wish you all happiness every day! <3
Vanessa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 01:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/226/165

INTRODUCTION:
Hi I have PCOS and I'm TTC. I am currently taking Met. so I finally get TOM which is great for about the first 5 seconds. At least something is working because without it I get maybe 4 a year. I already have 2 dc 16yo ds and 9yo dd but I have always wanted more and we have not done anything to prevent since dd was born. That is how I finally found out I had PCOS you would think that it would of been as obvious as the hair on my chiny chin chin.
I am looking for support since I am not getting any from my dr's. I am currently exercising regulary and I need to work on my diet. I just started to try to do low glucose. Some days are better than others.
I need to do something otherwise I just fell like giving up. I need to keep on working! Kelli
mikelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 06:23 AM   #5  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi Cysters! Happy December!

Meds are doing good. At first they made me feel really crappy, but I think I've gotten used to them now and its okay. Also I think they are working as my BS was only 114! I know that is still "high" but its "low" for me and not too far from "normal" (70-110).

Kelli!

I hope you all are having a Great Weekend!
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 01:52 PM   #6  

Hi Kelli! Welcome! This is a great bunch of girls here. I'm still a bit new here too but everyone has made me feel so welcome! It's nice to finally have some sort of support system, I mean besides my husband, lol! I mean female support. Oh you know what I mean!

Teresa: I'm doing fine, not over doing it right now. Finally nobody in the house is sick! That was lame! Like 3 months of someone or everyone here being ill, one after another. How have you been feeling? I think about you a lot, I don't want you to be discouraged because of that stuff at the Dr.!

Sassy: Right on about your BS! I'm glad something is working for you, it's too hard to get these bodies under control, huh?

Everyone: I'm recovering from Thanksgiving nicely, I'm down to 216 as of today! My weight loss is getting exciting because I've never broken the 30 pound weight loss mark before! I have always given up between 20-30 pounds because I never "actually see" the results.

This time I'm going to persevere, though. I'll have to be able to see these results by the time the number gets to 50, right? I have to keep going and I think I can with all of you behind me!

I plan to be at 195 by January 30th, my 27th birthday. 26 has been a year of "catch up" for me. I've been trying to correct mistakes, fill gaps, make ammends, etc. I'd love to put "lost 50 pounds" on my list of accomplishments for this year. Wish me strength girls, I'm gonna need it.

I'm coming gradually to the grim realization that I'm not going to be done losing weight at 50 pounds. I look in the mirror when I'm brave enough and with just shy of 30 pounds gone.....I can harldly tell at all. I easily need another 30 gone, who knows after that.

I live 10 miles from the beach. This summer I'd like to wear a bathing suit and play in the surf with my 4 year old. What amazing fun that would be.

OOPS- watch me take up the whole page---sorry! I blather occasionally.

I check in again later~ Much love!
Old 12-03-2006, 02:03 PM   #7  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

Kelli: its great to meet you , i hope you find lots of help and support from this group aswell as the 3fc site.

Vanessa : We did someshopping today and actully it wasnt to bad hehe , i think its cos we didnt stress about it we were like if we can get something then were try again in a week or so or we were thinking alternativly , worse is gonan be the DH present i dunno what to buy him but his written a list they comprise of 2 ps2 games and a dvd typical lol. I have a dr appointment tomoz morning to discuss the other tablets and to see what else she can do for me , to be hoenst i realised today since i went to the fertility appointment my diet has been slipping and i think its cos i am telling myself there is no point in bothering cos im never gonan get pregnant , i think i need to tell my dr this has ive been depressed before and im kinda feeling a bit stressed with it all, i dont want it to get worse or cause me problems does this make sence what im saying ?

Sassy : Im glad to hear that the tablets are helping you hunni , its great when you can see the difference and has you say your BS is normally high so seeing an improvment is defintly a bonus. Had AF left the building yet ?

Me : I am ok just really tired and my boobs are killing not sure if thats a good sign on not , im only on cd21 so we shall see , I got most of my xmas shopping today so thats done nothing really left to do now. hubby is about to put us christmas deco's and im gonna do the tree aww i will post you all a pic later to see the lovley finished result.....Santa's Grotto Here We Come lol.

Take care all and Merry Christmas

Teresa
Old 12-04-2006, 09:45 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone

Teresa - Well that's good you guys are on it now - that's too bad he didn't get the proper testing beforehand, thank goodness he's had no problems. I was on Xenical for about 3 days - I had the unfortunate side effects that no one likes to talk about! I probably had too much fat in my diet at that point, it might help me more now that my fat intake is much less. At the time though, I wasn't in the "weight loss zone" mentally and so it was not a good experience. Happy 1st December to you!

Vanessa - Playing in the surf sounds like a great plan! You're doing awesome! I'm like you, once I get to the 30 or 40 pound mark and starting to feel good, I fall off the wagon. Not this time darnit!!! I know what you mean about need to lose more...I look in the mirror and think I am still so fat!! LOL 37 lbs seems like so much but really it's hardly a dent. OK, a dent, but not a big dent.

Kelli - Welcome!! This is a great group of laides and the support is fabulous. Post away!

Sassy - Glad your meds are working for you!

Anyhow as for me no new news, DH & I are going to start our BD marathon in the next few days, and hope to catch any eggie that might happen along!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 10:52 AM   #9  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

Good luck on catching the eggie this month Liz .

I went to the dr's today and i ended up crying lol i didnt realise how upset i was getting about it all, we talked about other medication and she said i could try Reductil instead of Xenical so im trying that only downside is i cant get pregnant on it , so i am going on the pill for 2 months to prevent (not that i need to with no O but cant take the chance) and be on the reductil for 2 months to get my body losing again , she said then we will work out a plan where me and kevin are trying for a few months then having a break and then trying again and so on cos she said hopefully after that weight loss we might be in a better postion to fall if not then ill go back on reductil for a while and then try again so im happy with that and feel a lot more posative already just by knowing she is on my side and has i stressed to her at one time it would have been the fertility side i was stressing about but now been told i have to lose 6 stone (84lbs) before there help me all of a sudden the weightloss is more of an issue than the fertility she was understanding and im so glad cos she agreed with me that my weightloss shouldnt go the other way as it was starting to do.Hope ive made sence.

Good luck for your loss this week.take care

Teresa
Old 12-04-2006, 12:59 PM   #10  

Teresa: That's a fantastic plan! I like the idea of alternating weight loss and TTC, that way neither one gets too overwhelming. I don't know about you but I totally obsess, it's just my personality. If I get hooked into anything, be it losing weight, trying to get pregnant, or even a friggin' video game, I am unshakable, DH calls me a pitbull. It's all I can think of, I dream of it, wake up thinking of it, what I can do to achieve it, etc. It sounds like a good thing, I know, but I take it to destructive extremes, so moderation is a better thing for me.

Liz: Heh heh... have fun in bed!

Everyone else: I'm out of time now but will check in later! Hope you're all very well!
Old 12-05-2006, 09:18 AM   #11  

Teresa - That is great - i'm glad you're feeling more positive and your doc is on your side. i think that is a good plan, like Vanessa I get very obssessed over whatever goal I am going for at the moment. I was so obssessed with TTC last summer, it was all I thought about, sleeping, waking, whenever. Then I stopped TTC'ing and started to lose weight, same thing. Now I'm trying to do both, and not become overhwhelmed, and just trying to stay CALM. We are here for you and we can all do this together!!!

Vanessa - HAHA thanks - sorry if that was TMI! Congrats on 30 lbs lost by the way!!! WOO HOO!
Old 12-05-2006, 11:11 AM   #12  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

Hey Vanessa & Liz

Thank you so much for your support girls i really appreciate it , i too am like a pitball when i get my mind on something but then in same breath after 2 years of ttc i started to realise that its not that simple and whether i go at it like hammer and tongs or not its still not gonna achieve anything. The aim with this plan is to hopefully kickstart the ovualtion after losing some weight on the reductil and then by time it comes to trying i might be a bit luckier , its a good plan and in the long run the break will proberly do me and kevin some good no more stress. Halleluyah (sp) , so yeah im so much happier today, all i got to do now is wait for AF to start the BC pill and Reductil cant take it just in case i did maracuiously get pregnant lol , so hope AF aint a long one this time , besides its not a long time its only 2 months im taking the bc pill for and reductil to see how i go.

Sorry waffling on about myself again , i hope your both ok and nice and relaxed.

Liz ill speak to you on msn soon hopefully and Vanessa ill catch up with you soon on here.

Teresa
Old 12-05-2006, 12:19 PM   #13  

Default My mind is rambling....

Teresa: You sound great! Just please try to stay positive. I want to hear all about the Reductil, I totally feel like I could benefit from some pills at this point. I think I just want an excuse to get lazy though, so that's no good. I'll just keep hacking away, at least for a few more months. I figure if I can keep up like this for another 3 months or so, I'll be fabulous in no time.
I've also been considering going on the pill for a while. DH is totally against it though, he said I was a nutcase on it. It's not like there's a real huge chance of me getting pregnant, but I've had a few AF, lost 30+ pounds, etc. It could happen! I want to have a kick a** summer with DS since he'll be 4 this year, lose all the weight so I can be healthier for a pregnancy and I really really need my teeth fixed!! I feel like these things are more of a prority for me right now.
But what to do about birth control? lol, I haven't thought about it in years!

Liz: LOL!! Yeah, Too much nice information! I'd much rather hear that people are gonna stay in bed all day (jealous!) than something like fighting all day or something!
Get it done girl!
I know that's supposed to be a banana but I'm getting point across, right? ha ha ha ha

Sassy:HI!!!
Old 12-05-2006, 01:32 PM   #14  

Vanessa -
Old 12-05-2006, 06:23 PM   #15  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

Vanessa : I know totally what you mean about BC i havent had to think about it in years either but the dr was asking me about using condoms for a few months and i automaticly thought no way hehe DH wouldnt like that at all cos he dont really like them plus i know what its like in the spare of the moment sometimes you forget to use it and i cant really take that chance on that Reductil so i am better off sorting the contreception. I will definatly let you know how i go with these tabs , my dr warned me to stay on a healthy eating plan with these and dont go off track , but i am not planning to go off track anyways so she has nothing to worry about , and you know what since going to the dr's yesterday i have started behaving with my eating habits no junk so i must have really needed to get it off my chest and have someone to listen to me and help me make decsions.Just wish id come to you guys sooner before it got out of control and maybe it wouldnt have got so bad. Ohhh before i forget if your bearing these tabs in mind for yourself , u cant take them if your on Anti-depressant medication or if you suffer from high blood pressure and you also have to have your BP checked every 2 weeks on it. When she took my BP and HR (heart Rate) yesterday she told me my BP was at the high end of normal but she thinks its prob cos i was stressed going in there but shes gonna keep an eye on it.

Liz : Your set to away on msn so i take it your BD'ing like a mad woman HEHEHEHEHEHEHE

Sassy : Hello hunni , hope your ok

Teresa