Old 11-01-2006, 09:59 PM   #1  
Working on new me in '07!

S/C/G: 293/293/253

Height: 5 foot!

Default For those of you who use fitday

I LOVE to eat the South Beach Diet things and I keep having trouble with putting them into the thing?

Any ideas how to do this? Help please?

TIA!!
LookingForHope16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Since that is not something that you would find on fitday and it is not something that you can easily find the ingredients for I would probable add them as a custom food using the nutrition information on the side of the box. That way you know you are counting the correct amount of calories.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 01:17 PM   #3  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Do you mean the pre packaged meals? If you do go to Add custom foods, then use the label to input the data! the next time you eat it, it will be automatically saved!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 08:20 PM   #4  

Thanks so much girls!!! So you can do that with anything??

Are they good for people who are counting calories?
Old 11-02-2006, 11:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

yes you can add any food in and if you go to a food and find that the calories they have listed don't match the calories on the container then you can click on customize this food, change the nutrition information and it will be saved to your custom list.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 06:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Are they good for people who are counting calories?

Yes and no. They are convenient and seem to come in a nice variety however .... they are processed.
They're a pretty good place to start. As you go along (entering foods into fitday), you'll learn the nutritional info for more foods and be able to make up meal ideas of your own.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 07:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Under the "Reports" tab in fitday, there is a section called "nutrition". This is nice because it give you a summary of the nutrients you are getting from your diet. This will help you decide if the food you are eating is good for you.

I have a feeling that you will find that you are missing many nutrients based on your fitday entries, so you may want to make a change. The goal is to get as many nutrients as you can in the black instead of the red.
Tara D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 09:42 PM   #8  

I'm still so new at this and having sooo many problems.

I'm being told that I don't eat enough. But I am so full after eating what I eat in a day that I wanna be sick.

What is going wrong??
Old 11-03-2006, 09:49 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

If you are satisfied and you have enough energy and you are losing weight ... there is nothing wrong.
If any one of those is not right, tell us and we'll help you.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:34 PM   #10  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Lookingforhope16 - and calorie counters! on 4 pounds lost already!

For now, don't worry too much about using South Beach meals, take the easy way until you feel more comfortable and are more used to your new lifestyle. Just try and add in fresh fruits and veggies to get your fiber and nutrients in. My normal lunch at work is one of these meals - (I buy whatever is on sale - Lean Cuisine, Smart Ones or Healthy Chioce), my main criteria is that they are less than 300 calories for a lunch) with the meal I have an apple and a salad with lowfat dressing. This keeps me pretty full.

Are you logging everything you eat? When I looked at your Fitday - your calories are REALLY low....I'm hoping you are eating more than that. You should never go below 1200 calories a day. At the point you are at now you should probably be eating at least 1400 calories a day. Below 1200 just isn't healthy, your body needs fuel to keep you going.

Which brings me to a on all the exercise!! Make a habit of that and you won't be sorry!
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 10:01 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 227/153/135

Height: 5'7"

I'm new (okay, I've been lurking for a long time & checking in daily since I started my LAST diet in April) and just started Fitday. My question is this -- There is a $20 version available and I want to know is 1. Is it worth it? and
2. Are there more options for activities and food? I am not thrilled about building custom foods every time I eat and there are some activities that should be added (like elliptical) and some that probably could go (like, do people REALLY calculate how many calories sitting on a toilet burns???)
Thanks everyone
OnePerDecade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 10:25 AM   #12  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

I have the paid version of fitday. I don't think it has more foods or activities than the web based version. However, custom foods are MUCH simpler to create. I probably have around 300 custom foods created, which I would prefer to do anyway, since how I prepare my food may be quite different to what fitday estimates. There are many more reports than the web version. But I would probably pay the $20 just for the ease of entering custom foods.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 11:39 AM   #13  
Calorie Counter

Lookingforhope: When I first started I was like you, I would eat, but I felt like I was Full so why eat more? then the gals here gave me the info and tools and support that I needed to up my calories and not to go below 1200.
The problem with drastically reducing your calories is that one day you will snap and want to eat everything in sight. I also recommend taking a multi-vitamin to make sure you are getting your nutrients.

Great job on your weight loss so far and I wish you continued success!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 03:00 PM   #14  

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Looking for hope: I guess I am a little confused about why you feel confused about whether you are eating enough. It looks like you only eat one meal a day and some popcorn. Have you eaten like that your whole life? When you were a kid or prior to your current food routine did you eat at least 2 or 3 meals a day? Can you go back to that? If you eat one real meal a day, of course your calories are going to be low. Popcorn can make you feel full, so you end up skipping a real meal, so why not just stop eating the popcorn and fun-sized candy bar and eat a real meal instead? Wouldn't that solve the problem? Instead of filling your stomach with empty calories, you can eat for real which will up your nutrition and your calories Of course, it's up to you.
Tara D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 01:43 AM   #15  

I am logging it all girls! ( The other thread that I had started tells more!!)

I have pretty much always eaten like this. But the thing is that I can't even get up to 1,000 calories a day! Much less 1,200 or 2,000!!!

Thanks girls for lending such a hand!