Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 10-30-2006, 07:08 AM   #1  
Mel

Default LWL # 278 Oct 30 - Nov 5

Stay out of the candy!

and Good Morning

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 08:40 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Hey all!

I don't have to worry about candy because we aren't buying any. We live in an apartment complex right now and kids don't come around. Also I'm sure there will be some at work but I can avoid that.

I'm excited, I dropped into the 250s. I'd like to lose a couple more lbs before the wedding but I'm really not worried about it.

Yesterday I did a leg workout at the gym. DF and I are also preparing our second bedroom to be a temporary guest room for my parents and then it is going to be a workout room (including our planned elliptical!). We worked both Saturday and Sunday trying to organize everything and get rid of stuff we don't need. I have two big bags of clothes to give away as well as other stuff. DF and I watched a scary movie last night. Actually we watched a scary movie on Friday and Saturday night as well. I get so scared, I don't know why I watch them!
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:25 AM   #3  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

No halloween candy here But I WILL wear my flashing devil horns to work tomorrow! I gotta get my use out of them (we wore them on my hen night!)

Weekend was fabby! Swinging through trees and zip slides and getting all scared high up on wires Was MUCH fun! Then we had a chocolate fountain! Chocofountainchocofountainchocofountain! With marshamallows, strawberries, fudge, brownies, flapjacks, bananas.... Then we went for dinner, which wasn't all that great, then to a club with a booth to ourselves with our flashing devil horns!

Just a few more days to go! Today I am on super-low calories to make up for the weekend (chip shop chips and pineapple fritters last night for tea ), and I've been to the gym at lunch, going to kickbox with the little people etc etc.

The to-do list is diminishing! I have printed out all the place names (all 11 for the top table!), I've faxed the confirmation off, the photographer is sorted, it's all good!

My camera broke at the weekend so this morning I spent a good hour rummaging through amazon for a nice new one! That should be here tomorrow! With time for me to practise

Oh and the shoe crisis ended when I dug out some old trainers on Saturday, I found some very pale pink (pointy) shoes. unfortunately they're pointy. But never mind, they'll do. There are NO suitable wedding shoes in the WHOLE of Oxford Street. I know. I've looked.

Last edited by 2frustrated; 10-31-2006 at 04:03 AM.
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:39 AM   #4  

Great weekend, love the fall windy times here in New England, could do with less rain though. Got lots of Halloween stuff done and almost done with DD's princess costume.

worked some on my lower back as well as the upper back and some more on the abs, amazing how I used to think of just "abs" and now really can feel the difference on the upper, lower, middle and sides. I know it leads to better posture.

CINDY - Love your candy corn ticker, I had some on my FREE DAY. I have to say that even on my FDs now, I am so much in control, I just have a taste more of the time and not the whole damn pizza.

NELIE - have fun on the new equipement. Good for you and glad you have the space.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 02:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

I have done 2 freaking hours on the treadmill today. TWO. What is going on? First one at 6 am and then during my lunch. I could never ever used to do this in my wildest dreams. Going to WDW in exactly 3 weeks and I have put the fear into myself that I will suffer with blisters and sore feet if I don't toughen up before I go.

Now if I could just nail the eating, life would be grand! Will do a quickie lbwo tonite.

In other news, shopping sort of for a new bench. I think what I have now is just an crunch/incline board - it's only one piece with the padded knee and ankle holders, but it doesn't bend in half, if that makes sense. My head falls off it when I lie on my back to do flys, even with my knees bent up. Hmm, maybe I am supposed to keep my feet on the ground, but the padded ankle thingees kind of mess that plan up.
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 03:54 PM   #6  

Hi LWL,

hrbabe - I have my feet on the ground when I do flys and chest presses etc. I find it easier that way also to keep my lower back on the bench. I lie on it with my head in the direction of the knee and ankle holders, so my legs do nnot get tengled with them. i only use the knee and ankle holders when i do crunches on the bench.

I'm getting myself into the groove again. Last week was without any excercise, but tonight I did a power class again. Boy, did I NEED that ! I must remember that I feel much better when I workout. it is like just one week without lifting made me noticably weaker already!

I hope I'll be able to walk tomorrow.

have a great day,
rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 06:34 PM   #7  
Working My Way Back Down

LWL!

I'm about 90% recovered, and feeling much better about flying tonight. I'll be in Houston through next Monday, and most of it without internet access - argh!! I'm having withdrawal already. I've found out that the hotel has a 24 hour gym! so I have excuse on that front. Plus they have a heated outdoor pool. Hmmm, is 75 warm enough for that??? Will it be open?

Meanwhile I have one last budget meeting at 3:30 (an hour from now) and then my GFs are picking me up at 5 to go to the airport. Yahoo! We have about 3-4" of snow and I am so ready to get out of it..... This is the library parking lot from the webcam

WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 06:43 PM   #8  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

All the days are just falling away entirely too fast now. My last day at work here is this Thursday. They’re coming to pick up my car tomorrow so I’ll have to pack my 100 lbs cargo allowance in there tonight. Moving truck for everything else comes on Friday. There’s so much to do still!

I got some packing in on Saturday, spent Sunday doing all the tings I love to do in LA on a Sunday since it was my last. Got up and did my c25k run (chugged those whole 20 min and didn’t die!), went to the farmers market for brunch with friends, went to yoga at the Y, went to the beach and rollerbladed for about an hour, had dinner at a friends house, then we went out for a pint (ok, 2) at the Daily Pint. I’m going to miss lots about LA, but there are probably more things I won’t miss. I can always come back to visit.

Good luck to all you brides to be, down to the wire now isn’t it 2Fru?

I’m afraid exercise is gonna have to be wherever/whenever I can make it happen until the move is over. I’m going to yoga class tonight, might be my last time at the gym here.
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 02:21 AM   #9  

hi LWL,

Pat - glad to hear your cold is over. SNOW???? Aaarrghh!. Wintertime has started here last sunday, and all of a sudden we are in the dark season. I just took my potted plants inside because the weather forecast is predicting frost on the ground for the end of the week. I hate the cold and dark months! I'll have to fill my house with lights!

Shan - Incredible how fast time moves! Already packing and moving time! I can imagine it is a funny feeling to say goodbye to your present life, but how exiting to go on to a next phase!

I had a pleasant surprise on the scale this morning- I did not gain in my week in paris. I cannot believe this luck will last, so I am getting myself back intyo the groove pronto!

On to work now,
have a great day,
rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 04:01 AM   #10  
aka Superwoman!

It is indeedy down to the wire! And I'm coming down with a bit of a cold. I'm not kickboxing tonight, I am going to try and make it to the gym at lunch and/or after work. I am curling up for an early night tonight. I am completely opting out of entertaining the Best Man who was been staying since Saturday. He rang on Friday and said he'd be staying Saturday night, unfortunately he neglegted to mention when he was leaving. I want him out NOW! It's rumoured that he's supposed to be staying with his brother this week. Well it's Tuesday now - what week? I want to bake gingerbreadmen in the buff! GET OUT OF MY HOUSE! [/rant] (Oh yeah, and the house was already full of Hens on Saturday night. What a )

My new camera arrives today I will get a chance to play with it before the wedding. Just a few more things to do wedding wise, I need to burn a CD, bake another batch of gingerbread men and wrap them, sew on DF's button, er.... I think that's just about it!

Oh and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
Old 10-31-2006, 08:59 AM   #11  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Frus! I'm so excited for you.

I really can't wait until my own wedding and little things seem to be stressing me. I need to pick a restaurant for the day before the wedding so our parents can get together but I'm having so much trouble! To add to it, DF's parents have offered to pay so I don't want to pick some place too expensive (they are very frugal) and have them think that I'm trying to milk them for money. My parents don't want to go to some place that is available in california and since my grandparents are coming, most ethnic food is out! (DC does ethnic food very well). I have one potential place picked out, the prices are within my range but I hope DF's parents don't complain about the prices.

I also sent DF to go get the marriage license since the courthouse is near his work and only one of us has to go. Even though we need to do it 48 hours before the wedding, I don't want to be doing that the last week.

I still haven't done the music but oh well, I can get that done in an afternoon. I also have to start cleaning and straigtening everything up for my parents visit. My mom is a clean freak and I know she is going to complain. Oh well at least I still take time to get my exercise in and my eating hasn't been too bad.

This morning, my legs were sore so I wanted to do an exercise that was light on the leg work so I chose to do a Taebo dvd. It was a decent cardio workout but I keep thinking it'd be so much better if I had my elliptical now! We are waiting until after the wedding though.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 10:11 AM   #12  
aka Superwoman!

I've just had a phone call today that says I can't have Helium balloons and candles on the table at the same time. For anyone without 15 year old chemistry, Helium does not ignite. Obviously the fire officer at the Barbican centre does not know this. I sent him a helium data sheet.

I am replacing the balloons with stem roses - at MORE EXPENSE I could get annoyed, I could scream and shout and demand that I have helium balloons and candles on the tables, but life is too short when dealing with people who don't know all the facts. I'll bend to their will and be done with the helium balloons.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:15 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Fru, if it helps, just maybe the heat from the candles would expand the balloons and risk a rupture or popping. I once took a helium balloon on an plane and it was not pretty. It got completely swollen and was really straining on its seams. The roses will be beautiful with the candles.

Did a weak woman ubwo this morning at 6 am. Does anyone find that you do better at early morning cardio than weights? I was struggling so this morning, that I actually backed down from my chest weight increases, and my other increases I've been doing for awhile felt really hard. Maybe weights is better done wide awake and loosened up for the day - like evenings.
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 11:20 AM   #14  

2FRU- Lots of rest and relaxation if possible and get that future BIL out of your house, what is up with that, hope it is not a sign of things to come. I hope you get rid of the cold.

NELIE - You are sweet for trying to make everyone happy but it ain't going to happen, so pick a restaurant at least you and DF like.

So glad my mom did my wedding.

Did some fab stretching this morning, finished DD's costume last night, and plan to take a walk at lunch today, it is so nice outside. A very nice fall day here in New England.

HR - I do much better with weights in the am, by evening, I am jello and pooped. Can't lift anything and my cardio is crap too. The only thing I can do after 3 pm is yoga. and then hopefully fall into bed.

I am going to up some weights on the UBWO tomorrow am and see how that goes.

Sneak peak looking good for the Friday weigh in, I am so working on 182 for my Thanksgiving goal.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 11:45 AM   #15  
aka Superwoman!

Just friend not BIL, so at least that's one thing to be thankful for.

And so what if the balloons pop?? They're going to be at least a meter or two from the naked flame and any heat would be dissipated well before it met with the balloon! BAH!

Anyways.... Just wish I hadn't bought 150 balloons now! I'm so glad they left me plenty of time to find an alternative! It's cool, I'm going to IKEA this afternoon. BAH. At least I have a photographer!