Old 09-01-2006, 07:18 AM   #1  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Default WATP ~ September Daily Check In

Come join in the fun and tell us about your Walk Away the Pounds workouts! Let us know your goals, too! We'll walk the walk together!

See you there!
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 07:30 AM   #2  
~~Maintainer!~~

Morning all, I did the push cardio today "The Low Down" with Petra. It is very dance-y compared to WATP, so today was definitely a learning day. As will be tomorrow, and the next day, and probably the next week. Someone on another thread said that it takes dancers several days to learn steps, so why should we be any different. Point well taken, so I'm going to try this one for several days until I get the steps down a little better.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 275/245/145

Height: 5'4"

I never, ever thought I'd see a day when I'd say a 1 mile WATP was a little tough again Today was that day. I've missed the last two days because of a raging sinus infection. I was determined that no matter how bad I felt today I was not going to allow 3 missed workout days in a row, so I pulled out my 1 mile evening dvd. The knee lifts were so tough! My hips just ached But, I made it through and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.
hoosiermomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 09:40 AM   #4  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

My goal is to a watp work out at least 4 times a week. so I did Mon, Wed and today (fri) so far. I try and change it up so I don't get bored.

So I rotate walk and jog, walk and kick and a 2 mi walk. I am sweating buckets by the end, but I can do most of it.

Hope everyone has a good holiday weekend.
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 10:28 AM   #5  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

I did the 2 mile with 3 pound weights this morning!

Have a great weekend! And keep walking!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:09 PM   #6  
Walk/Low Carb Away Pounds

S/C/G: 190/178.8/170

Height: 5'3-1/2"

I did Walk the Walk 2 mile walk. I can not believe how unbelievably hard that one was for me. My goal is 40 miles this month. I know it may seem like a wimpy goal, but I totally out of shape, so it is mildly feasible instead of impossible.
MsChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 01:13 PM   #7  
Intuituve Eater

Talking

No such thing as a wimpy goal, and you need to do what is right for you. My goal is 25 miles this month, LOL so you like an walking expert compared to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChris View Post
I did Walk the Walk 2 mile walk. I can not believe how unbelievably hard that one was for me. My goal is 40 miles this month. I know it may seem like a wimpy goal, but I totally out of shape, so it is mildly feasible instead of impossible.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:50 PM   #8  
~~Maintainer!~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChris View Post
Obsidian is right on the money, there is no such thing as a wimpy goal. The great thing is that we're up and moving and taking care of ourselves. We all have to do it at our own pace. Just keep walking....

Karen, I hope you're feeling better real soon.

Welcome Obsidianbbw and MsChris
Old 09-02-2006, 06:43 AM   #9  

Hi everyone! And welcome to those new to the thread- great to have more walkers here!

No WATP for me yesterday, but I did do a couple of miles of outdoor walking in the afternoon which was a nice change. This morning I tried my new Walk and Kick DVD which was a lot of fun.

Have a great weekend
CurlyGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 10:28 AM   #10  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Welcome to the new posters!!! And happy holiday weekend!! I'm so happy that I have 3 days off from work. I was getting physically tired with the start of the school year.

Yesterday, I jogged 2 miles and walked 1 mile (also swam a quarter mile). Today I jogged 1 mile. Wow, I've jogged more than walked for Sept. Hehehe. In a couple hours that won't be true. Going hiking with the doggies.

Have a great day!
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 01:17 PM   #11  
Walk/Low Carb Away Pounds

S/C/G: 190/178.8/170

Height: 5'3-1/2"

Hi Guys.

I did the WATP Get up & Get Started -1 mile and the Walk and Kick. Does anyone know the Walk & Kick mileage? It feels like more than a mile, but does not feel like the 2 mile that nearly killed me yesterday.
MsChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 01:45 PM   #12  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

Walk & Kick is 2 miles and Walk & Jog is 2.5 (if you ever do that one).

Haven't figured out what workout to do today. Been running errands all morning and now I need to let my tummy rest a bit from lunch. But I'll do something before DS and I go pick up his friend for a sleepover at our house. What am I getting myself into? Two 10-year old boys and a 12-year old girl all at once????? Hopefully, DD will stay in her room and not tangle with the boys!

Check back with you later when I've done a workout!

Michele
Old 09-02-2006, 04:35 PM   #13  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

Well, I hope this slow board means everyone is out walking!

I just finished the 4 Mile Super Challenge! I feel great and well on my way to my 85 mile goal!

Have a great weekend!

Michele
Old 09-02-2006, 09:38 PM   #14  
~~Maintainer!~~

Hi all,

Family reunion today, so my food was off, (but delicious - my family knows how to cook tasty foods)

DS and I walked/jogged two miles in the park - 32 minutes. I sure wish I could get my speed up some.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:50 AM   #15  
Intuituve Eater

No WATP pounds yesterday, but I cleaned out a room yesterday and will be putting everything back together today. I did I mile get up and get started today with heand weights and I had built up a nice sweat by the end. I think I am going to try and do it again tonight before bed since I can sleep late tomorrow.