100 lb. Club - about my peach

View Full Version : about my peach

tolose85
08-28-2006, 02:30 PM
I have to share this. I don't know why these things keep happening to me! It's a sign!!! ;) ;) 1st I had the whole "cake" issue and now this.

I brought a peach with me today to accompany my peach yougert for breakfast. After I ate the yougert, I decided I didn't really want the peach so I didn't eat it (yay me..). I proceeded to lunch a little later on and still didn't really need the peach. Finally mid-day, I decided that a snack would be good so I grabbed the peach. I'm one of these funny people that can't eat the fuzzy skin so I usually peel it off. This peach was no ordinary peach, I couldn't get the skin peeled off as I normally do, it took me aobut 10 minutes and it was all chunky and had a bunch of chunks out of it by the time I finally got it "de-skinned". It tasted good, it was pretty jucy and I got about 1/2 way through it and kind of bit into the seed... It was partly open. I pulled it back out of my mouth and thought I saw something moving around inside the seed. I did. There were ants in it! I immediately threw it away. I don't think I got any in my mouth, I hurry up and took a drink and then thought about it and got really grossed out. I'm an avid calorie counter and I wonder... how many calories does an ant have? LOL :D :D Just kidding.

I just had to share that little run in with my peach.. Sorry if its too much info.. I had to tell someone!!!!!!

famograham
08-28-2006, 02:34 PM
EEEEwwwwww!
(That's a hilarious thread title, by the way...very attention grabbing!)

Poor you!
There's nothing that grosses me out more than bugs in any kind of food, ever!
:barf: :barf: :barf:

:hug:
My deepest condolonces!
Linda

PS- how many calories DOES an ant have, anyway?

laurelei
08-28-2006, 02:38 PM
Well at least you knew it was pretty natural and not too many pesticides were involved... :P

LIL'JJ
08-28-2006, 02:41 PM
EWW that is really sick. Good thing you caught it before you began to bite into an ant. I really am going to examine my fruit now bc who knows what i have bitten into :) On the bright side.....isnt an ant considered protein?-JJ

ChocLabLover
08-28-2006, 02:46 PM
You could always count it as a protein! ;)

Ruthxxx
08-28-2006, 02:46 PM
Well, it WAS pure protein! I was wondering what on earth anyone could say about a peach! :lol:

ChocLabLover
08-28-2006, 02:53 PM
Of course, me with my dirty mind I thought you meant something entirely different Gretchen.....

jtammy
08-28-2006, 03:24 PM
Of course, me with my dirty mind I thought you meant something entirely different Gretchen.....

Hahahaha, Yeah, I was thinking...what the ?!!....

I can't stand to each an unpeeled peach either, especially one with ants in it. :D

Laura Philly
08-28-2006, 03:49 PM
Aren't ants a delicacy somewhere?

kykaree
08-28-2006, 04:10 PM
I ate an earwig once, hiding in a nectarine, actually, worse than that, I ate half an earwig. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!

midwife
08-28-2006, 04:26 PM
Thanks for making me smile today! Glad you did not ingest a colony of ants.

tolose85
08-28-2006, 04:56 PM
I still feel like one will possibly march up my esophagus, show up on my tounge and say "hey, despite your TRYING to eat me, I survived!" LOL

fiddler
08-28-2006, 05:00 PM
PS- how many calories DOES an ant have, anyway?

Plain or chocolate-covered? :D

cardsfan2009
08-28-2006, 08:17 PM
Ugggh, reminds me of when i found a maggot on the corn in our garden. *vomits* Maggots are the foulest creatures ever. But this is why i slice my fruit before i eat it.

I truly feel sorry for you. i probably would not have eaten the rest of the day. =S

I have an incredibly strong stomach. I could eat dinner while watching someone perform liposuction. But if there is anything resembling a bug in my food, or bug eggs (as i recently found in a PEACH! lol. It wasnt eggs, it was just part of the pit) i just wont eat it.

Lillybet
08-28-2006, 09:00 PM
Yikes! I once had a candybar, was half the way through it when I noticed a bunch of wiggly things coming out of it. I cringe to this day over that thought, but I assure you, that incident didn't stop me from eating my chocolate after that!

BerkshireGrl
08-28-2006, 09:33 PM
Glad I'm not the only one that raised an eyebrow at the subject line of this thread! :devil:

Now... EW! EW! RETCH!

I would have pitched those poor peach-loving arts and their fruity heaven across the office! Pity the coworker that ended up with that in their cubicle...

Gross-out story:
In high school, I did a biology class project when I raised American Chameleons (Anoles). Part of taking care of them was also keeping their food source, mealworms (or crickets), healthy and happy up until their bitter ends. This meant I had to have a big fishbowl full of flour and cut-up potato wedges as their happy home prepared when I dumped in the pet-store-bought mealworms.

One week, I had the flour and potatoes all set in a pristine new bowl, and let it sit for a few days because the anoles were content with their lingering worms.

But the day came to dump in the mealworms into the fishbowl, which had a tight, very fine mesh screen top. I unscrewed it and looked down to find a GIANT BLACK BEETLE scurrying like mad! It was like 3" long!

My mom had a habit of freezing her flour before storing it in an airtight metal canister to kill any potential tag-alongs... so that Thing must have come from the POTATO... hurl-ness... I did not eat a baked potato, potato salad, mashed potatoes, for years. :barf: Just the thought made me nauseated for months...

(But there is the irony that I was fine with mealworm handling and raising lizards... go figure!)

vanilla
08-28-2006, 09:44 PM
hi, im new to this site and its so late and there doesnt seem to be many people online.

Charles78
08-29-2006, 08:16 AM
Could have been much worse - you could have found 1/2 of an ant in your peach...... :)

glynne
08-29-2006, 09:28 AM
Gretchen,

I had a peach in my lunch last night, and having read your story earlier it made me think of you and your peach episode, and made me look more carefully at my peach. :D

kaplods
08-29-2006, 09:38 AM
How many calories in an ant? I thought wow, how often can that topic come up. Just the other day, hubby and I were watching a documentary channel and a show about military survival classes for camping in the wilderness and desert, and they were teaching the people about eating insects, and they were all sampling an ant. Weighing about 350 lbs, I could go months without eating without danger (and definitely would before eating ants), but I turned to my husband and asked "how many calories could an ant have, anyway?"

Even if you weighed 80 lbs, it doesn't it seems unlikely that you could get enough calories to do you any good?.

BreakingFree
08-29-2006, 10:55 AM
:rofl:

I still feel like one will possibly march up my esophagus, show up on my tounge and say "hey, despite your TRYING to eat me, I survived!" LOL

tolose85
08-29-2006, 01:15 PM
I'm happy to report there were no ants marching (reminds me of that Dave Matthews song!). I must say, some of you girls are naughty! It took me a minute to grasp what you might be referring to.. I actually felt a bit embarrased as I had no intention of leading your mind to the gutter! I am happy to report that I ate an apple today with no bugs (that I could see anyway!). I've determined that an ant is about 5 calories so it didn't really throw off my intake too much for the day! lol
Thanks for all the responses. I never dreamed that my contaminated peach story would get so many replies!

It certainly made me smile quite often throughout the day!