3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   about my peach (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/92508-about-my-peach.html)

tolose85 08-28-2006 02:30 PM

about my peach

I have to share this. I don't know why these things keep happening to me! It's a sign!!! ;) ;) 1st I had the whole "cake" issue and now this.

I brought a peach with me today to accompany my peach yougert for breakfast. After I ate the yougert, I decided I didn't really want the peach so I didn't eat it (yay me..). I proceeded to lunch a little later on and still didn't really need the peach. Finally mid-day, I decided that a snack would be good so I grabbed the peach. I'm one of these funny people that can't eat the fuzzy skin so I usually peel it off. This peach was no ordinary peach, I couldn't get the skin peeled off as I normally do, it took me aobut 10 minutes and it was all chunky and had a bunch of chunks out of it by the time I finally got it "de-skinned". It tasted good, it was pretty jucy and I got about 1/2 way through it and kind of bit into the seed... It was partly open. I pulled it back out of my mouth and thought I saw something moving around inside the seed. I did. There were ants in it! I immediately threw it away. I don't think I got any in my mouth, I hurry up and took a drink and then thought about it and got really grossed out. I'm an avid calorie counter and I wonder... how many calories does an ant have? LOL :D :D Just kidding.

I just had to share that little run in with my peach.. Sorry if its too much info.. I had to tell someone!!!!!!

famograham 08-28-2006 02:34 PM

EEEEwwwwww!
(That's a hilarious thread title, by the way...very attention grabbing!)

Poor you!
There's nothing that grosses me out more than bugs in any kind of food, ever!
:barf: :barf: :barf:

:hug:
My deepest condolonces!
Linda

PS- how many calories DOES an ant have, anyway?

laurelei 08-28-2006 02:38 PM

Well at least you knew it was pretty natural and not too many pesticides were involved... :P

LIL'JJ 08-28-2006 02:41 PM

EWW that is really sick. Good thing you caught it before you began to bite into an ant. I really am going to examine my fruit now bc who knows what i have bitten into :) On the bright side.....isnt an ant considered protein?-JJ

ChocLabLover 08-28-2006 02:46 PM

You could always count it as a protein! ;)

Ruthxxx 08-28-2006 02:46 PM

Well, it WAS pure protein! I was wondering what on earth anyone could say about a peach! :lol:

ChocLabLover 08-28-2006 02:53 PM

Of course, me with my dirty mind I thought you meant something entirely different Gretchen.....

jtammy 08-28-2006 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChocLabLover (Post 1386944)
Of course, me with my dirty mind I thought you meant something entirely different Gretchen.....

Hahahaha, Yeah, I was thinking...what the ?!!....

I can't stand to each an unpeeled peach either, especially one with ants in it. :D

Laura Philly 08-28-2006 03:49 PM

Aren't ants a delicacy somewhere?

kykaree 08-28-2006 04:10 PM

I ate an earwig once, hiding in a nectarine, actually, worse than that, I ate half an earwig. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!

midwife 08-28-2006 04:26 PM

Thanks for making me smile today! Glad you did not ingest a colony of ants.

tolose85 08-28-2006 04:56 PM

I still feel like one will possibly march up my esophagus, show up on my tounge and say "hey, despite your TRYING to eat me, I survived!" LOL

fiddler 08-28-2006 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by famograham (Post 1386922)
PS- how many calories DOES an ant have, anyway?

Plain or chocolate-covered? :D

cardsfan2009 08-28-2006 08:17 PM

Ugggh, reminds me of when i found a maggot on the corn in our garden. *vomits* Maggots are the foulest creatures ever. But this is why i slice my fruit before i eat it.

I truly feel sorry for you. i probably would not have eaten the rest of the day. =S

I have an incredibly strong stomach. I could eat dinner while watching someone perform liposuction. But if there is anything resembling a bug in my food, or bug eggs (as i recently found in a PEACH! lol. It wasnt eggs, it was just part of the pit) i just wont eat it.

Lillybet 08-28-2006 09:00 PM

Yikes! I once had a candybar, was half the way through it when I noticed a bunch of wiggly things coming out of it. I cringe to this day over that thought, but I assure you, that incident didn't stop me from eating my chocolate after that!