Old 08-21-2006, 01:26 PM   #1  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Default Bootcamp Week

Ok so this is a challenge I am doing myself and I thought maybe some of you other chickadees might want to join in.

We can do anything for a week right? Challenge yourself to look at every area of your life and live for the next week as if you were the 'finished product' the woman with 'everything figured out' Wanna be the kind of girl who goes to the gym everyday...for the next week BE THAT GIRL. Wanna be able to be master of your health and eat a balanced meal everyday CHALLENGE YOURSELF TO FOR THE NEXT WEEK. Got work aspiration you wish would come true...PUT YOUR HEART AND SOUL into it for ONE WEEK.

Post here with what you will be working on this week and post throughout the week with how it is going. Hopefully just living your life the way you want for one week will give you a big motivator when those frumpy times come along...

We can do it ladies, lets prove it!
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 01:32 PM   #2  
Lose that Baby Weight!

Ok so here is what I need to work on:

Stephies Bootcamp:

I wanna be that hot young photographer. The one who has a killer bod from frequenting the gym and really has it together with her appearance. People will be amazed with how I am also an excellent wife cooking twice a week and keeping my household spic and span.

This week focusing on

Health and Fitness:
  • Go to the gym 6 days this week
  • Journal all food
  • Eat for the body I want
  • Drink water like I love it

Appearance:
  • Ditch my glasses for contacts
  • Make up in the morning
  • Pick out a cute outfit everyday

Work:
  • Get mucho hours in
  • Read up on my industry of work while at work
  • Really try to take pride in my work and take my time

Domestic:
  • Cook fabu meals 2 times this week
  • Clean my house like it is easy and natural to do so...
So that is it for me. I want to taste what being the 'finished product' will feel like this week! Good luck ladies.
Old 08-21-2006, 01:48 PM   #3  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Hi Stephie:

I'll join you.

I'm doing two-a-days during the week. That means for me getting up at 6:15am, putting in an hour. Go to work, head home and do another hour at the gym.

I'm also challenging myself to no cheating food wise! No over eating, and no sweets until my HS reunion!

18 days
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 08:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

Sounds like a good idea

- No nibbling and snacking after work and after dinner
- Will run every second day for at least 45mins
- Will walk at least 5 kms every day not running
- Will dance every evening and/or morning
- Wont put myself down for gaining 1kg since going back on the pill

Liv
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:00 AM   #5  
Lose that Baby Weight!

Ok so yesterday day one, went well.

I made it to the gym, put in 80 minutes.
I am about to journal my food from yesterday
Eating went phenomenal
Drank some water, need to drink more
Put in Contacts, on makeup, dressed up.
Took a photo this morning and really tried to take my time
Cleaned house like it was going out of style
Cooked dinner

Overall I think it was a pretty productive day. Oooh I am sore from the gym. Wonder what tonight is going to be like.

spill - two-a-days sound brutal you must be so dedicated!

lyria - That looks like a fool proof list ya got there! I especially like the last one, so important.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:27 AM   #6  
2blessed2Bstressed

no, crazy, I have my highschool reunion in 17 days....

I know I probably won't lose much, but I know I will FEEL GREAT!
Old 08-22-2006, 11:46 AM   #7  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Ok, I'm a day late.. buuut....

Lizzie's Bootcamp:
Fitness: - Get in at least 5 gym visits doing at least 60 min of high quality cardio each time
- Don't skip strength training
- Pack good foods for work, and keep Phase 1 foods around for easy access
- No alcohol
- Keep accurate food logs
Life:
- Get to bed before 1am.
- Wake up before 10am.
- Buy books online ASAP.
- Go into work everyday on time.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:53 AM   #8  
Taking It Off For Good!!!

S/C/G: 164/149/130

Wow! How strange that without reading this tread I started on Monday with this same kind of thing!! Thats just neat so I'm gonna join right in

Goals:
- Work out 6 days this week
-Eat 3 small meals with healthy snacks in between
-Pack gym clothes and snacks the night before
-Keep the house cleaned up
-Cook dinner all this week

Woo Hoo ladies we can do this!!
Slimming Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 09:45 AM   #9  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

SIGN ME UP!

Excerise (my most important):
-since I'm off work at 11 am, I will use this week to go to the gym EVERY day after work. I will get in a weekend run as well.
(So far, I'm 1 gym visit ahead)

-I will meet with a trainer to focus on toning, somthing I've beein ignoring... I'm going to be frolicking on the beach in a bikini in a month's time. It's time to let go of this flab!!!

Eating
-make sure to have filling morning meal post-juice (like lentil soup) to keep munchies at bay.

Appearance
-ditch my headband and ponytail. Just because I wake up before the paper boy doesn't mean I have to look like crap.

Life
- get student loans done
-maintain my house. I didn't do all that laundry and clean the carpets this weekend for nothing.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 09:59 AM   #10  

Ah!!!! Life is going so good this week. I'm working out.. I'm eating decent.
Then... my mom decides she is going to come TODAY (instead of Friday) for a visit. This just makes it SO hard to hit the gym afterwork cause I know she is down here visiting me.. and can't see me if I'm at the gym. But I think I have some what of a solution. Thursday I do water aerobics.. and she can come with me to that. Tonight.. I think I will go home and then maybe head back to the gym around 9:30ish so I feel like I have spent time with her before I go to the gym.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:47 AM   #11  
Lose that Baby Weight!

Feeling a little under the weather yesterday I did not have the greated bootcamp day

Eating was fabu, very clean, under calories. Work went well. But laid in my pjs on the couch all evening long which negated the working out, cleaning and working on my appearance. Feeling better today though, I really don't know what was up with yesterday.

Continuing with bootcamp I have noticed I am still slacking on a couple of things...mainly my houseI am going to try to get in the habit this week of doing a load of laundry a day. I always get way behind on this. Just like this exercise if I do it a little bit at a time it wont be so painfully time consuming.

spill - if my reunion was in 17 days I would be doing two a days too...point taken.

Lizzie - HIGH QUALITY cardio...love it. I myself face this challenge. I mean walking my dog is cardio but is it the kind of Cardio I need to be counting?

slimming - Your plan to see your mom and work out sounds great. I think her coming down in the middle of your bootcamp week just goes to show you that in life your always gonna get curveballs. Sounds like you are good at getting around them already

june - oooh you can't ignore toning hun! Get to that trainer post haste! Glad to see your back was wondering where you went off too...
Old 08-23-2006, 11:06 AM   #12  
2blessed2Bstressed

ok, somehow my two a days have been one-a-days....but the one workout has been kick a$$

I will work my way up to two a days...my body is just so sore....I will try to get in at least an hour and half, since I can't seem to get in that extra workout....that will work for the rest of the week, then try again next week at two a days

Food has been on point!-I know I will be a big LOSER this week-LOL
Old 08-23-2006, 04:18 PM   #13  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Slimming- Sounds like a good plan there, working out after you've hung out with your mom. I really like going to the gym late because there are less people there and it just seems easier to get stuff done.

Stephie- If I'm not sweating for at least 30 minutes, then I don't really count it as cardio. For me that is the easiest way to tell when I get my heart rate up. But, sometimes I count warming up/cooling down and the walk to the gym with my minutes which is really just cheating for me.

Spill- When you say 2-a-days, are you planning on doing 2 full workouts, or are you breaking it up between cardio/strength training, or something else? When I do 2-a-days (which has been kind of rare, but I'm starting back up) I usually do a full cardio session and a half cardio session with strength training during one or the other.

Eating and keeping the logs has been going pretty well, although my computer died yesterday (maybe the hard drive?) which makes the logging a little harder. To meet my august goals I need to do 480 minutes of cardio, which means that I need to do at least 60minutes of cardio every day. However, I'm going to get in at least 30 extra minutes tonight, plus 45 extra minutes tomorrow sooo... I won't have to work out every single day for the rest of the month, luckily.

Last night I went to the grocery store and got tofu, cucumbers, tomatoes, zucchini, peppers, onions, peaches, grapefruits and I already had a bunch of pears from our tree at home. So, I'm totally stocked up on good foods for the detox phase. Now I just have to stay away from that left over birthday cake, and the ice cream in the freezer and reach for the good stuff instead.

Stay strong ladies!!
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 08:45 AM   #14  

I ended up talking my mom into going for a walk with me so we went on a nice LONG walk. Then DH and Mom broke out the ice cream.. but I resisted!!! (Woot!!)

Good for you guys that are working out twice a day.. I just dont have that in me yet. So a big pat on the back to you!!!

Stephie- the house is hard for me too!! Well right now its easy because my mom is down. But its really hard for me to keep it as neat as I want too! So i feel your pain. I do better if I sort all my laundry Friday morning and then do it on the weekend. I just never finish the clothes if I try doing laundry during the week.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:33 PM   #15  
Lose that Baby Weight!

Ok so yesterday was also a raving success. Ate on point, under calories and only when I was hungry. Hubby went out for late night snack and instead of eating fast food I had a piece of turkey and a couple of slices of turkey bacon then put on my crest whitestrips! YAY VICTORY! Made it to the gym for 45 mins Cardio and 15 stretching. Photography went excellent yesterday as did my appearance. I am making strides. House remains a wreck... I just can't seem to keep it all up for some reason

spill - 90 mins is definitely workin it in my book! Good job staying on point with food!

Lizzie - Sounds like you are all stocked up for that detox, and have a great plan for your workouts. No way you can fail

slimming - Getting your mom to exercise with you? Genius! Yeah my laundry gets taken out of the dryer during the week and put in a basket for me to iron on the weekend...not good