Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-11-2006, 11:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/170/124

Height: 5'3"

Default Newbie Needs Support gained 10 lbs in 6 weeks

Hi all. I am new to the forum and need to see if anyone else has experienced what I have. Brief history. I am a mom of 3, 33 yrs old. On medication for ADD and Anxiety (you think I'd lose weight being on ritalin). I had and appt with my Psych yesterday and she weighs me and we were both like WHATTT??? I gained 10 lbs in 6 weeks. My husband and I are both flabberghasted, because I am very active, exercise 3-4 times per week, chase my 2 1/2 yr old around and do not eat excessively. I am soooo utterly disgusted and depressed about it. I did not even weigh this in my 9th month of any of my 3 pregnancies. I do drink 1-2 glasses of chardonnay at night, but I have been doing that for 1 1/2 years, and not every night. AAAAGGGHHHH!!!! any ideas? thanks for the input.
use2bskine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 02:11 PM   #2  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Perhaps your medication is interacting with the alcohol? A 10 lbs. gain in 6 weeks sounds pretty high, especially if you haven't been eating thousands of extra calories. Maybe you have fluid retention? Sometimes you can become dehydrated and your body will hold on to every drop of fluid. Try drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day to prevent dehydration.

I find it's very helpful to keep a food log and write down everything I eat. Maybe you could try this without changing your diet just so you can get an idea of how many calories you are actually eating.

Stress will always make me gain weight. It's probably the way our bodies react in order to 'save' calories=fat for a percieved emergency.

I hope the weight comes off soon.
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180.5/157.5/145

Thyroid malfunction?
kateful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 04:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Height: 5'4"

More info on what you've been eating?
Tara D is offline   Reply With Quote