Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-01-2006, 10:37 AM   #1  
LLV

Default Cost?

I've been doing some reading up on Curves, but I can't find any cost information. What's the average cost to join? Do you pay as you go? Or is it a flat rate depending on how many days a week you want to work out?

Thanks
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 10:50 AM   #2  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi Linda!
I think it may differ slightly between locations, but I signed up a little over a week ago and my local Curves was running a summer special.
I got half off the $150 start up fee, so it was $75. And when I signed a one-year contract I got the rest of the summer free, so I don't start paying the monthly fee until September 3rd and it's $29 a month no matter how often you go. I go every day except Sunday (because they're closed)!
Hope that helps!! I really enjoy it, it's a lot of fun!!
Beth2374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 10:56 AM   #3  
hara hachi bu

What Beth posted is quite similar to my experience with Curves in terms of price, too. That's for a one-year contract, but you can go month-to-month for like $10 more per month. If you break the one-year contract, you have to pay a fee of $50.

Also, check out different locations, if they're convenient. One might have better hours, more machines, or different incentive programs. I opted to go to the one closest to my work, because it had double the machines, more incentives, and a separate room for stretching.

I ended up leaving that job, though, and I didn't like the Curves by my house enough to transfer my membership, so I ended my one-year contract early. I couldn't make it to that particular location because they are kind of skimpy on the hours.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 11:01 AM   #4  
LLV

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it. Unforunately I can't afford no $150 start-up fee.

~sigh~

This Curves sounds like a wonderful program. Now someone just needs to offer one that people can afford.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:06 AM   #5  
hara hachi bu

Check to see if they're offering that half-off registration deal. I've seen that offered at the end of summer both this year and last.

Also, perhaps your employer offers a discount on Curves? Mine didn't, but I believe some do.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:11 PM   #6  

Sometimes Avon books will offer deals on the registration fee if you buy certain Curves items from their catalogs. If you know anyone that is selling Avon, you might want to ask them about it. I got one a couple months ago that waived $100 of the reg fee.
WaistingAweigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:37 PM   #7  
LLV

Thanks, everyone

I'll check into it a little further.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:23 PM   #8  
bouncy

S/C/G: 236/174.5/150

Height: 5'7

Default curves

Hi go blue, I joined three years ago at curves. I paid 59 dollars and 31.00 a mont for a year and after my year just kept drafting out of my checking account same amount. I havent been in a month , i transfered to another curves and did a new machine. and did it wrong and pulled a muscle. so dr.said no weights for a while. so i dont have to pay until i can come back. my daugher alos joined alitte over a month. lost 10.5 inches. She paid $59.00 service fee and $29.00 a month for a year. Wish you luck if you decide to join. HaVe good night.
LInda
BOUNCY is offline   Reply With Quote