Old 07-28-2006, 09:41 AM   #1  
motivated

S/C/G: 164/159/130

Height: 5'4

Default How to burn fat?

I was told or I read several years ago that it is best to workout before you eat so you are burning fat not what you just ate. Has anyone else heard this? Is this even true?
Maryd4love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 11:59 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Christie, I'm no expert, but what I have heard is, there isn't any proof that you lose fat faster when you exercise on an empty stomach. It's personal preference - some people can't exercise without at least having a snack and others get queasy if they eat close to exercising.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 03:58 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

I'm with Lauren on this one, I would think that whatever felt best for you and helped you get the best workout you could is what you should do for the best results. I have heard though that you need to make sure you have enough water before you exercise, that most people begin exercising slightly dehydrated and then lose more water from exercising and so they can't exercise as long or as hard as they could if they came into hydrated.
MelodyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 09:31 AM   #4  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Height: 5'5"

Amen on the water! And I do think it is best to wait to eat after you exercise, especially if you are weight training. You can eat a quick carb snack to give you energy first (like a yogurt or an apple) and if you are training, you should eat a high protein meal at no longer then 30 mins after. this gives you muscles the fuel they need to rebuild. (my husband Will NOT do it any other way no matter what), but I say that if you absolutely can't do it this way (because of time, convince or what ever ) don't let it hinder you. If you have to eat your meal then go work out. It's better then no work out at all Right?
wannaBsize7 is offline   Reply With Quote