Old 06-11-2006, 09:02 PM   #1  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Default **Weekly Chat - June 12 - June 18**

OMG we are half way through the month already! I am determined to not continue to be complacent and will lose weight this month.

I did my measurements and weigh in yesterday. I am up at 109.4kg however, have lost an additional 2". I have put another chart up on my blog if you are interested of all my measurements and comparison to starting. I am honestly concerned that my first measurements I took were wrong. How can I lose 4" off my hips and not have lost weight? As I have said, I feel that my jeans are looser, but WTF?? It just doesn't make sense.

I am sore today from all the gardening on the weekend. We did the mulching yesterday and I counted an hour of it as exercise. I was on the go all day doing the garden, then cleaning up, then did the front garden, and then in the evening I cleaned inside the house and did the washing. Exhausted at the end of the day - I actually went to bed 2 hours early.

I am not sure if I will get a walk in tonight as I might just focus on stretching and getting some yoga in. I can feel my body already starting to sieze up and don't want to go through the same pain as last week.

Anyway, enough about me. I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Last edited by Daisy Boo; 06-12-2006 at 09:11 PM.
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 09:24 PM   #2  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

OMG! 1/2 way through the month already?!! Thanks for pointing that out..i haven't done any exercise until tonight!! AAHH!! I better get it in gear!

Your garden is beautiful I bet. DH & the kids planted a bunch of flowers, etc in our flower bed that I have for Mother's Day. I do not have a green thumb, it's more like a black thumb. I'm envious of those who can garden, etc..

I have only lost 6lbs but have lost inches off of various body parts. I dont' understand it either. I suppose as long as we're seeing progress, it's all working out?? I would REALLY like to see the scale move more though.

Well, back to work tomorrow for dh & myself, kids off to daycare & friend's house. Back to business like usual it looks like. Ballgames on Monday & Thursday this week.

We bought a drinkmaster thing from Target to make shakes, smoothies, etc. I am horrible when it comes to eating breakfast because 1) I don't get up early enough to make something and 2) Once i'm at work, there's no time to stop & eat.. Sooo, my plan is this... Get up early (hopefully) walk a 1/2 hr on the treadmill, at least .. that's a good 2miles for me and make a smoothie to drink on my way to work. I bought some plain yogurt & some strawberries.. It shouldn't be that hard to make, right?

Hope everyone has a great week! Thanks for getting us started for the week Daisy!
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 12:31 AM   #3  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

As frustrating as it is to not see scale progress, it's good that you are keeping track of your inches- whatever you're doing is obviously working! I wish I had started out doing that as I'm in the dark as far as how many inches I've lost. My scale battle continues...

I went home this weekend and ate SO WELL. When we went out to my favorite brew pub and grill, everyone ordered stroganoff, burgers, etc... I was happy with my grilled chicken salad with vinegarette. When we went to my favorite pizza place in the world, I sat there and watched everyone indulge (I didn't even pick at the cheese!). I didn't snack or go soda crazy. I thought it went really well until I got home and was 2 pounds up! I don't get it. Was it the watermelon?

Tomorrow is a new day, back on the program. I went grocery shopping and my fridge is pretty much fool proof. Wish me luck...

Amb Lyn- I don't know a single soul that is NOT in love with their drinkmaster.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 03:59 AM   #4  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Man, I can't believe it's Monday already... ...haven't though about how far we're into the month yet, but for some reason the 12th still seems just like a third, not half.

I was up over 2 pounds today... I'd blame it on TOM, but then I don't usually gain weight then, so that's probably not true. That's what happens when you don't exercise.
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 06:04 AM   #5  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

So, I wake up at 3:50, can't get back to sleep. I got up at 420ish, got dressed and walked for 25mins on my treadmill..now i'm checking msgs and posting..it's 5am! LOL Guess I won't be late for work today huh. I NEVER get out of bed any earlier than I have to..i'm usually up with very little time to get around! What a change!

I LOVE watermelon junebug. Could it be just water weight from it?
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 08:50 AM   #6  
...future runner...

S/C/G: 215/193.6/135

Amber, I guess we both got up early today. I finally got my butt up at 4:30 to get on the treadmill for 20 minutes and do some crunches. I can't believe this month is almost half over and I still need way more minutes to finish on top this month.

Plus I haven't been keeping very good track of my water! We're off to a great week!
rosiek2277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 09:38 AM   #7  
L A D Y J A M E S

S/C/G: 265/236/180

Height: 5'9

I walked to work (1.7 miles) in only 25 minutes!!! I just felt great this morning -- it must have been all the bananas I ate over the weekend. I typically have joint problems and bananas have proven to be the only non-chemical method of neutralizing the pain. But the joke is that I only walked so fast this morning because I had to pee - ha!

I have totally slacked on all forms of exercise besides walking and dance class; I cannot believe we are almost halfway through the month! My weigh-in & measure-in day is the 15th, and for once I am looking forward to it because I have been doing cheat weighs for the past week or two and I have lost seven pounds since May 15. I am hoping to make it eight pounds, but I only have three more days! Anyway. I will at least try to get back on track with the pushups, if not also the situps. I need arm strength! (And I need to tone my flabby triceps!)

Daisy, I used to garden with my mother, and I must say -- it was too much of a workout for me to be relaxing, I don't know how all you gardeners do it! And at the time I was young, so I should have had the energy? Anyway, kudos to you, and I hope you do not get too sore for it.
ladyjames63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 10:10 AM   #8  

i'm not sure how my weekend was. i had good days and bad days so i think they cancelled each other out. i had two bad meals, but i worked out a TON. on friday though my sister and i went to dinner and i ate well (1/2 appetizer, salad, and a bit of dessert), but when i added my alcohol points it killed me! but, i ate light earlier in the day.

then, on saturday i had breakfast with my family who came in town (1/2 an egg white omlet w/veggies and coffee), skipped lunch cuz breakfast was late, but by the time dinner came around, i ate a whole spinach pizza!(about the size of a small pizza from delivery). 900 cal. exactly! aghhhh. so the next day i worked out and made sure i burned 900 cal. at the gym before i left. overall, i wasn't over calories but dinner friday and saturday was bad for me. so, i'm upset that i ate those two bad meals, but i worked out a ton so i'm trying not to beat myself up.

i'm excited for this week because eventhough my bf is out of town and i'll miss him (and have a hard time falling asleep), i always eat better when he's gone. i went to the store this weekend and stocked up on healthy food for this week.

amb_lyn- i make smoothies almost everyday after my workouts. i make mine by putting a bit over 1 cup of light berry tropicana (10 cal for 8 oz)., protein powder, and frozen mixed berries (about 2 cups). the most important thing is to put the liquid first then the solids on top. my smoothies is about 250 cal. and it's really filling.

thanks for the reminder about the 1/2 way mark. i updated my minutes and i'm over half way done! i hope this is the first month that i will complete my goals!
chicagoposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 11:46 AM   #9  
Tryin' to start strong!

S/C/G: 210/207/120

Smile 1/2 way already?!

It's hard to believe how quick the time goes by when you're busy, I guess! I can't believe it's already 1/2 through June.

I was really good this weekend! I went to the gym twice each day, and really watched what I was eating. I was invited to go to the movies, so I went and didn't have anything but water and a small unbuttered popcorn! Which is super hard for me, because buttered popcorn is my absolute favorite! As far as the month goes, it's been going fairly well, I've lost 4 pounds this month, and can honestly say that I'm having enough energy to keep me going, which I never used to have before. I even got up this morning and was at the gym by 5:30. If I can keep it up, I'll be doing good!

Daisy Boo & amb-lyn: You can lose inches but not pounds because muscle is heavier than fat. Best not to concentrate too much on the scale.

Anyway, hope everyone has a wonderful week!!! Stay motivated!
starwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 01:36 PM   #10  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Happy Monday Ladies!

doing better with my eating...Sunday that went to **** with pizza & beer, but I am still doing good with my workouts!

go mavs!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 01:38 PM   #11  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Daisy Boo----it must be monday morning, you titled this thread May! Girly, we are half way through June, like you stated in your post.

Just thought I would point it out, I just noticed it, I thought I posted in the wrong thread for a minute there
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 01:46 PM   #12  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

It IS halfway through June! WOW!!

I messed up on Friday night and had about 5 mixed drinks. We were celebrating a friend (who's a teacher) getting out of school so I went a little overboard on that... but at least I stayed on track with the eating. The scale is reading 211 this am and I'm hoping it's still just retained water.

Baked some bran muffins this morning and my 2 year old is happy as a clam, he LOVES muffins... calls them "smummers" for some reason LOL.

I didn't really exercise this weekend... did a LOT of walking though. I need to get out today and run a little, I'm feeling a little stiff. I really wish there was a decent gym here with childcare. My husband is rarely home at hours I could go to the gym and the 2 gyms that DO have childcare here.... I wouldn't let care for my houseplant!!! One holds daycare in the raquetball court (WTF?!) and the other has a broken fence (WTF AGAIN) and my son kept "escaping" and they'd come get me. It was more of a hassle than it's worth. Hopefully when we move in a few weeks the situation will be better!

We're going on Vacation to the Big Island in 10 days and I'm SOOOO excited! We'll be doing a ton of hiking there so maybe I'll drop a few LBS ;D if the macadamia nut plantation doesn't undo all my hard work LOL. We haven't been anywhere since our honeymoon 3 years ago so this is a soreeellly needed trip for us.

Anyway... off to try and dig my motivation out from under the couch LOL it's sooooo hot out! I wish I had a bike.

WOOOOOOT just jogged/walked a 5k UPHILL into the Tsunami safe zone... that felt AWESOME... I REALLY need to head up there more often... yay

Last edited by ValRock; 06-12-2006 at 03:18 PM.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 02:17 PM   #13  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Hey Ladies......
I don't know if anyone remembers me, but I'm back! And still chubby as ever unfortunately, although I guess that is to be expected when you keep falling off the wagon and onto the ice cream truck. Anyway! Its 59 days until my birthday so I've got a birthday-challenge for myself to stay on plan for the whole 60 days..
Being here really helped me last time, and so I'm going to keep coming back to stay motivated and inspired.

Hope everyone has a good week!!
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 03:06 PM   #14  
Living the Laguna life...

Hi guys
I have been gone for a while...I've been so busy at work, I haven't even had time to breathe, let alone come on my favorite website! My weight loss has pretty much been at a stand still for the past three weeks...I have been keeping up with my workouts for the most party, but I have been eating out alot and sitting alot due to the whole job-craziness thing. Even though it has been really stressful, it makes me truly appreciate being able to post here, getting off work at a reasonable hour to make dinner, and being able to take a lunch break. So I'm going to do all of those things! I hope everyone is having a great Monday

Welcome back, wasted thermos..i love your picture! You are too cute!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 04:54 PM   #15  
Proud US Navy Wife

WastedThermos - you came back too! I know it was just because you love me..

I'm off to go get changed then use the cardio room in the clubhouse now.. it's a bit nervewracking, since I've never used the equipment here before... although considering how close it is, I don't have an excuse!

Hm, I wonder if they have a scale in there...

And what's evil is today is the boyfriend's 22 birthday, and we are going out to dinner and having drinks to celebrate (hes never been drunk before, so I'm fixing that for him, hah!) So.. yea. That's why I didn't eat a lot today. Actually, my eating has been pretty good since I moved down here... and im working on quitting smoking..

OK no more procrastination.. Fae must get changed and go do workout-y things...
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote