Carb Counters - Weekly Chat...May 29-June 2

View Full Version : Weekly Chat...May 29-June 2

lady_adnerb
05-29-2006, 11:32 PM
Well, I have to say my eating sucked this weekend. I keep trying to figure out WHY I'm doing this to myself. As I try summer clothes on (the weather's been in the high 80's) and they don't fit WHY I still allow myself to eat junk. So I'm on a no-excuse hunt for the truth. But it's back to eating what makes me FEEL healthy....and that's Atkins allowed foods.
On a bad note...DH sprained his ankle Saturday (the good news is--it wasn't broke like we feared! We could hear a "crack" all the way to the "outfield"!!!!). We were playing kickball with my sisters, BIL's and nieces & nephews. So I got exercise. lol.
So tomorrow it's a glass of water before even thinking about drinking a soda! My exercise will be washing, hanging clothes on the line and folding them. Trying to catch up on some of the house cleaning. And working on getting my mind back on the LC track.
:wave: Hope you all had a great Memorial Day!!

M&Gmom
05-30-2006, 08:49 AM
Morning Brenda. Sorry to hear about your DH's ankle. That sounds painful, but the kickball sounds fun. I hope you can get back on track.

I think I'm finally back and out of the funk I was in. It was terrible. I just didn't feel right. My eating wasn't TERRIBLE, but it sure wasn't terrific either. But I'm back in LC mode now and hope I can get at least 10 more pounds off before I go on vacation. I have 6 weeks...surely I can do that.

:wave: to you all. Have a great day.

Candy In Alabama
05-30-2006, 10:05 AM
Morning everyone, :coffee:

Brenda, Glad to hear your DH's ankle wasn't broken.

M&G, Glad you are back, and have gotten back on track.

We had a great holiday weekend. Saturday, we went fishing and swimming. We had to hike a short way to the spot..I got a little exersize..My calf muscle's were sore the next day..I can tell i'm really out of shape...I said a while back i was going to start walking everyday but i never did :kickbutt: Now i wish i did...

Sunday, pushed mowed some of the yard. It felt about 95 degree's. DH finished it on the riding mower... Well, a little is better than none... Afterwards inlaws had a cookout. Nothing LC , so a eat terrible... Yesterday, DH had to work so, we had pot roast and veg...
Started cleaning DD room yesterday..:dizzy:... OH MY What a MESS...:o....:yikes: We filled a garbage can up with old toys, school papers and clothes she had outgrown...It took a while but, we finally found the closet floor..:lol: I guess she comes by it honestly...:sssh:... Were all packs rats around here...:dunno:
I hope everyone has a great day..I'm gonna find another part of the house to tackle today and hopefully get some walking in this morning before it gets to hot....I wish i had a walking buddy so they could kick my butt into gear...:kickbutt:...:D
Candy :)

lilybelle
05-30-2006, 12:49 PM
Hi everyone, can you hear my screaming from Oklahoma. I finally went below 150 where I had been for the last 3 or 4 weeks. I weighed this morning, (twice) and I'm at 148 now. Yeah. I was gonna wait and weigh tomorrow after a week without weighing, but just finally broke down and weighed. I was busy all weekend chasing my 2 yr. old grandson and playing in the yard with him. New grandson was born at 11:20 Saturday night. He weighed 7 lbs. 8 oz. and is very cute. We went fishing for a little while on Sunday evening and went and played Bingo last night. I cooked large family meals this weekend but made sure to have plenty of LC foods for me. It was a good weekend. I am going to try to change my ticker, but I may have to wait and have my daughter do it, she's a lot more computer savvy than me. Good luck to everyone.

lilybelle
05-30-2006, 12:53 PM
Hi everyone, can you hear me screaming from Oklahoma. I finally went down from 150 to 148 lbs. I was stalled at 150 for 3 or 4 weeks. Yeah. I tried to change my ticker, I'll see if it worked.

MsChris
05-30-2006, 01:21 PM
Congratulations Lilybelle!!! New granchild and breaking your stall. You have done great. You are truly a motivation for me.

Candy In Alabama
05-30-2006, 01:45 PM
That's GREAT lilybelle..You deserve an applause....:cp: :cp: :cp: .:encore:.. :dance: :bravo:... I am sooooo Happy for you...I new my chawahaws (SP?) was barking for some reason....They do have better hearing than i do...:D.. :lol:.. I new you could do it....:high: ..:cp:
Congrats on the new grandson...:hug:...For you and the Baby.. :woo:... :woo:... :gift:
Candy

hockeyfan7
05-30-2006, 02:29 PM
Morning everyone!

Lillybelle -- congrats on both the weight loss and the new baby!

Jackie - welcome back! We've missed you!

Brenda - glad to hear DH's ankle was only sprained - broken is no fun.

Candy (and Brenda too :D ) - I was re-reading Dr. Atkins' book this weekend and he does have a whole chapter about how exercise is not optional -- good job on getting it in.

Well, John is at the orthopedic surgeon finding out if he will have to have surgery on his shoulder or not. We are hoping not of course.

M&Gmom
05-30-2006, 04:04 PM
Way to go Lillybelle! that is awesome!

Susan - hope no surgery is needed.

Candy - glad you had a good weekend. I think your family needed one. Still sending you lots of prayers and positive thoughts.

RobinW
05-30-2006, 04:06 PM
Hi everyone, can you hear me screaming from Oklahoma. I finally went down from 150 to 148 lbs. I was stalled at 150 for 3 or 4 weeks. Yeah. I tried to change my ticker, I'll see if it worked.

:listen: so thats what all the hollering was about!! Congratulations!!!

Well Im here in spirit :lol: I have been doing alot of struggling with food, and some other issues, that spur on the addictive behaviours. And......its official, Im perimenopausal. So add a crap load of stuff in there too.

Im planning on getting back to atkins next monday. I have a bit more reading to do, and some more planning before I can commit 100%.

Sorry Ive been so scarce, Im glad everyone is doing well......Im off to catch up with you ladies.

Have a great day.

Buffy0
05-30-2006, 04:24 PM
Lillybelle - Congrats! That is really something! :D I'm really proud of you!

Lady_abner: I too am in a funk. It's a perfect way of putting it. I fell off the wagon over the weekend. I didn't do really badly. It's the start of my 4th week on Atkins and I've kept off that initial 10 pounds...but I'm having to start over since I fell out of ketosis. Something I was really proud about! :(

I hit a wall early last week that put me at odds with dieting. But now I'm feeling a bit better -- back on the wagon and ready to give it a go again!

needtolose4me2
05-30-2006, 04:42 PM
yeay lillybelle!!:woo: :woo: :balloons: :cheer:
I am soooo happy for you! on both the weightloss and the new baby!

maggie!:hug:

needtolose4me2
05-30-2006, 04:46 PM
Robin W - Hope your doing ok! We're here for you!

M&G mom - Welcome back!

Brenda - Hang in there! You'll get through this. You've come so far!

Here's to a good week!

lilybelle
05-30-2006, 04:50 PM
Thanks everyone. Today has been great. I weighed less (yippee), my son's girlfriend got a new job (she graduated high school last week and is now living with us and they should be able to afford a home of their own soon) and I finally got a Tax Refund this morning from the IRS that was from 2003, it was $517.00 and totally unexpected. ( I knew IRS still owed me this, but had thought I'd never get it). I am just so happy today.

hockeyfan7
05-30-2006, 05:42 PM
John found out this morning from the orthopedic surgeon that he has to have surgery on the shoulder - they are trying to schedule him for Friday. Apparently, it's major surgery - they said he may have to stay a day or two in the hospital.

The 1st surgeon sent him to a different guy in the practice who specializes in shoulders and he can't get in to see that guy until Thursday. So we'll know the date for sure then.

But he's still going to have his big "V" done tomorrow afternoon -- the shoulder surgeon said go ahead.

lady_adnerb
05-31-2006, 08:05 AM
I managed to get 3/4 of my water in yesterday and my eating was good (except the banana..but all things considered I still count it as good). So today shooting for ALL my water and NO non-induction foods. One day at a time.
Sorry I can't do personals. In a couple weeks I should have more time. The kids will be out of school and I'll be TOTALLY done with Girl Scouts. WAHOO!! I still get to count doing laundry as exercise don't I? :lol: I'll try and figure out how to squeeze some form of exercise in :)

RobinW
05-31-2006, 10:06 AM
Good Morning

Not op, but Im getting there. Dh and I are heading to Indiana for a trade show this weekend. We are both looking forward to it. Lots of things to look for and investigate. Hopefully we will keep the spending down below what we spent last year :eek: :lol: They had lots of cool stuff last year!!! Whodda thunk rulers would be cool and I needed to have one of each size?!?!?!?! Money well spent, they are my fav rulers, and dh gets yelled at when he gets any metal shavings on the underpadding!!

I'll be taking my books with me to read on the drive (menopause books) Im learning alot!! So I will be ready to get into things fully informed when we get back on Sunday.

Have a great day ladies!

Candy In Alabama
05-31-2006, 10:36 AM
Good Morning, everyone...:coffee:

Hang on tight Robin...We know you can get through this...We are here for you. You will be back to you in no time...:hug: Trade show...That sound's like fun. I hope you & DH have a great weekend..

Thanks M&Gmom for the prayers and positive thoughts...We appreciate every one...Matt's still doing good...:crossed:

Susan, Sorry to hear your DH needs surgery..Hope everything goes good...:hug:

:wave: Maggie.

I cut my DD hair last night it was so long..She kept complaining about it being to hot...It was pretty thick...So i gave her a past the shoulder cut and layered it....I went on instinct...And she loved it..WHEWWW...:D

I didn't get much water in yesterday either. About 25oz i guess..And i didn't get to do any major house cleaning, Just routine stuff...I did get 25 min. of walking in yesterday...:carrot:

I spent my afternoon in the ER.... My oldest son (18) came home from work early yesterday..He laid his hammer on the top of the ladder to go down and get another board, when he started to go back up someone told him to move his ladder..He forget about the hammer on the top of it till he moved it....OH **** here come's the hammer...Popped him on the bridge of the nose....:dizzy: .:mad:....I told him we should go to the ER, he was in some major pain...Poor Guy...:( ....He got it x-rayed... Anyway he factured his nose, not bad, thank goodness...They gave him some pain med's...They said by evening time it would really be hurting....He's doing fine, he's already gone to work this morning....

Maybe this morning i can get more done. My daughter wants to move her room around, so i guess we'll do that...And my walking...I'm going to do that right now...:D... :running:...I'm gonna keep it up. I got to tighten some of this flab..:D...I hope everyone has a good day...:wave:
Candy

southernbelle9
05-31-2006, 10:48 AM
Hello all, Just reading Three Fat Chicks book. Stopped at library to get the Atkins diet but alas, all checked out. As a retired RN, I had always shunned this diet as unhealthy but now am desperate to lose and plan to at least do the first two weeks and then MAY go back to my WW book on my own. How have some of you fared on the Atkins diet? I am a southerner living in Idaho. Lovely here in summer but winter? Forgetit!

needtolose4me2
05-31-2006, 11:24 AM
Good morning all
Another hot day here in De. I don't mind thoughbecause I actually look forward tomy water this way!
Brenda - Way to go to get back in the swing of things. Like you said, one day at a time. I suppose if you bend down to put one piece of laundry in the dryer at a time, that could be looked at as exercise. Heck touch your toes while your down there and I'd say it counts!!! ha ha
Robin - Have fun at your trade show I'vebeen toa few different kinds and they have always been fun. Not to mention lots of free stuff!
Southernbelle - I think if you read through these posts you will find the most of us if not all are having great success. THat is as long as we are "good" and stick to it. I have never found an easier way to lose the weight. THe only thing that bothers me is the constipation aspect of it. I don't know how it will be on OWL but I hope it gets better. I don't htink having to take some supplement to make you go to the bathroom is normal. But for now, I'll put up with it.
Have a great day all!
maggie

Candy - Bravo to you for cutting your daughters hair! I was a hairdress (in a past life, before I had kids many moons ago) and I wouldn't attempt it!
Hope your son(s) are doing alright! Gee, it seems like a weeks doesn't go by when someone isn't in the hospital fromthis site! I hope we all have a healthy safe summer!
Tell me about the flab! I just bought a medicine ball and plan to start with that as well. I think I need to get some dumbells next. THe treadmill just doesn't cut it to toning up!

lilybelle
05-31-2006, 11:59 AM
southernbelle9, Hi. I am also a retired RN. I had seen a lot of co-workers lose a lot of weight with Atkins. Like you, I hadn't tried it because I thought it wasn't healthy. Last summer, my Hepatologist, put me on Atkins and insisted that due to my health, I eat a low-carb diet. I have followed the plan and lost weight quite well. I don't eat as much fat as is recommended and I do eat more fresh fruits than is recommended but still have no trouble taking the weight off. Good luck with whatever plan you choose.

hockeyfan7
05-31-2006, 03:52 PM
Afternoon everyone!

Brenda, you can do up and down on your steps with your laundry basket. You can do squats and lunges holding on to the washer or dryer. That will do it.

Candy, 25 minutes of walking is great! What's up with all of us going to the ER all of a sudden? Is it contagious??

Robin, have fun at your trade show. Better to spend money on stuff like rulers than on candy!

Maggie, have you tried either adding Benefiber or ground flaxseed to your scrambled eggs in the morning for the constipation? I find that keeps me regular. Plus it gives me added fiber.

Southernbelle - I've lost and kept off 145 lbs for 6 years. And all my blood tests, cholesterol, etc. is normal. The only thing that hasn't gone down yet is my blood pressure and the doc says it's probably genetic for me and I'm just out of luck. We'll see what happens when I get to goal. Welcome to the group.

Hi Lillybelle!

The weird thing I've found is that since I had my surgery, I'm not hungry. Last night, the only thing I wanted for dinner was a very small piece of leftover filet mignon. And this morning, I had eggs with cheese and bacon and now it's almost 1:00 p.m. and I'm not at all hungry for lunch.

MsChris
05-31-2006, 09:37 PM
:wave: All. I hope everyone is doing better. Since I work at night, I am bit behind on my statements. I am op so far this week. I have gotten in my water every day. I have kept my focus and not weighed again since Monday. Of course, I had to pick up my scale and throw it in the top of the closet behind winter clothes so that I wouldn't be so tempted anymore, but I didn't weigh. I did WATP - 1 mile with my oldest son today. It wasn't as bad as I thought. It had me sweating and my thighs are killing me, but not so bad.

Needtolose - Have you ever tried putting on ankle and/or wrist weights while you are walking on the treadmill? If your treadmill doesn't have an incline workout - it should help.

Candy - :carrot: on your 2 days straight of walking. BTW, have you ever tried WATP? Sorry about your son's nose, but glad to hear it wasn't worse.

Susan - Is the lack of appetite an expected side effect. Even if you aren't hungry don't forget to nibble on approved foods. You want to keep your metabolism raring, right?

Southernbelle - :welcome: to the group.

southernbelle9
06-01-2006, 12:36 AM
Thanks, needtolose4me2. I reccommend a prune or two at night for constipation problems(need to count into your diet). This gets old but it better than medicine. Costco has great juicy prunes in a large bag. They are much more effective that prune juice.

RobinW
06-01-2006, 06:44 AM
Better to spend money on stuff like rulers than on candy!

You're so right Susan!! This year we are looking for cool stuff to drill consistent neat holes!!(amoung other things) Exciting eh??? :lol:

Im off, protein powder is packed, lunches for the road are packed...should be a good day.

Have a great weekend ladies!

lady_adnerb
06-01-2006, 08:16 AM
Robin: Hope you have fun looking at rulers. :hug:

Candy: Sorry to hear about your ER visit. Hope he's doing better! Did you get the room moved around?

Southernbelle: When I eat the Atkins way...I feel better (yup--just need to keep REMINDING myself of that!). This isn't something you can go on for a while and go off then to something else. Make sure this is something you REALLY want to do :)

Maggie: Tell me how you like the ball. I've been tempted to get one. But first I have to get my tushy moving on the stuff I DO have!

Lilybelle: Your signature is just AWESOME! What great inspiration!

Susan: Don't forget to make sure to eat SOMETHING though. Remember the book also says not to go over 6 (?) hours w/out eating something. Going up and down the basement steps with the laundry baskets ARE a workout..but I'm not going to count it :lol: I'll try and get my butt moving! Thanks for the butt kicking :hug: I need it!

Chris: Which WATP do you have? Stretchy band or weighted balls? . Awesome workout, eh?!

I'm supposed to be mowing lawn today. As it's a rider I won't get much exercise. Unless you count struggling to stay on the lawnmower as exercise. It sure does "jiggle" the fat so does that count? :lol: Next week is going to be hectic, but I should be able to start getting exercise into a routine after that. GS should be over as well as YG. Doesn't make sense as WATP the 1 mile only takes a "few" minutes. What's my problem exactly with exercise? Hmm...need to examine that one. Yesterday was OP for eating, but still didn't get all the water in. But I'm feeling better so THAT'S the main thing rihgt now. Got to get the rest of the water in today and figure out how to get exercise in. Then I should be good to go :)

Falon
06-01-2006, 09:30 AM
Morning Ladies:

Sorry -- i'm so behind, so personals are probably not possible but giant :hug:'s to each of you. Just wanted to check in. Been busy here, and will be until after vacation in July. I am still mostly OP except for the wine i've been having. Just a little bit (1/2 a cup) because it's a nice change. Scale hasn't gone up, so that's good.

Saturday is my birthday, and i'll be spending it at Conor O'neils pub watching DD dance at a scheduled show... so that's going to be really nice. I won't be having any cake, or sweets, so I will be good. But I will have a nice traditional Irish meal of some kind. :) Oh, and some good wine with it! LOL

The kids have camped in the backyard for the last 4 days, and I have the feeling they might be spending a good amount of time tis summer out there. They are really enjoying it. It keeps the house clean. LMAO!

Everyone have a lovely day --

Idealperson
06-01-2006, 10:24 AM
Hello All! I ate my way through the Memorial Day Weekend-picnics, graduations, birthdays, etc.....so I am back at LC. Rereading the books and all! I am down 27#, but it is going so slow for me! I think my body is used to the WW diet and I am close to goal. This weekend when I drank alcohol and ate croisants, pies, and such I felt so lazy and gross.

Today is a company picnic...so the challenge is always there isn't it?

Highest weight 209#
Today's weight 159#
:smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug:
9 more to go to goal:carrot:

needtolose4me2
06-01-2006, 10:46 AM
Good Morning All!

:coffee:

I think I'm going to start a fast today. I'm a bit nervous but Ithink I'll try to get through it until Sunday. Toatally not happy with no weight coming off for 4 weeks now!

Brenda - I've just started with the ball so , yes, I'll let you know. It has helped me with sit ups. It just makes them a bit easier. I have had 3 c-sections and my stomach muscles are a mess. (they separate when I try to do a sit up and I get this bulge liek my guts are popping out!) I know, TMI
Anyway, my stomach definetely needs to be toned and I have found that this does not bother me as much.

Falon- in case I don't get ontomorrow (if I'm fasting I probaly won't want toget out of bed!) have a happy birthday!:hat: :woo:

Idealperson - YOU ARE SO CLOSE TO YOUR GOAL! don't lose it now!

Thank you all for the constipation advice. :o I'll have to check the carbs in prunes. I think that might be high. I've been taking fiberchoice but they are costing me 5 carbs. ( I have to take 3 to get any results from them) I'll have to check the benefiber.
Have a good day all. and yes, I think I do have strap on type weights that I could use on the treadmill. I guess it just conveniently slipped my mind!;)
Maggie

Ms Spotdog
06-01-2006, 11:14 AM
Maggie - Do you mean the fat fast or the egg fast? Good luck with that. Just remember to eat often as not eating enough further screws up our already stressed out metabolism. The body goes into starvation mode and even if you do lose some pounds, when you go back to eating your body will hold on to every ounce cuz it can't be sure when it is getting its next meal!

Kel

MsChris
06-01-2006, 11:40 AM
I am battling a major sweet craving right now. It is even affecting my sleep. I had a really bad day yesterday at work, and I am very much an emotional eater. It didn't help that my lovely supervisor decided to offer me an Ice Cream cone (went out an bought one to give me) and kept offering me potatoe chips - literally putting the open bag in my face last night. He knows I am on a diet and even asked me how much I have lost. I didn't eat any of it although I felt like a heel. I left the office and went and bought one of those Atkins bars (Caramel Nougat - says 3 net carbs) and ate it to help with me with the sweet craving. I did drink all my water. I just really want to stay on plan this time, but seems like everyone around me here is trying to sabotage me between dh and coworkers.

Maggie - I love that "conveniently forgot" :lol: Good Luck on your fast. You may have already talked about this, but are you taking your measurements? I read that sometimes the fat cells keep shrinking and your sizes keep getting smaller even though the scale does not move. BTW, I don't think that prunes will fit where we are on plan. It is technically a dried fruit which is way high on the ladder, plus the lowest carb count I have seen on them is ~15 carbs for 1/4 a serving. Are you at a point where you can have steel cut oats yet (or maybe finely ground psylium husks if you are getting in your water and don't have IBS.)

Falon - I can't wait until I can add wine to my repertoire. Lucky you.

LadyAbner - I have the videos to weighted ball sets now, but I don't have the balls. I used strap-on hand weights from our dollar store instead. I have ordered the videos on DVD. I won't have any excuse (no vhs player) to using them then.;) I ordered Walk the Walk series, WATP 1-3mile series, and WATP Express Series on DVD so I will have a variety. Luckily I found them all three series on Ebay for $1 each plus the shipping!!! :D I just could not resist at that price and it was just before the auctions ended.

Candy In Alabama
06-01-2006, 12:11 PM
Morning Ladies..:wave:
Got my walking in yesterday and this morning...:dancer:....I gave myself some rules...NO computer till my exersize is done..

southernbelle..I love atkins woe...I haven't got any of the books...I would love to get one...I've done a lot of reading on the web...I've lost 45 lbs just mocking everyone else..:D ...hope all goes good for you...

maggie,..I hear ya, on the hospital thing....We took matt in April, Jeremy in May..I ask my daughter (tiffany) if she was next..:D
I used to cut my son's hair all the time till they started wanting the high and tight style..I can't cut those...I still cut my husbands hair sometimes though..But, it's always harder for me to cut a girl's hair...I'm so glad i didn't mess it up, she's 13 she would have had a fit...:D
What is a medicine ball?...To me walking outdoors tones you up better than the treadmill...More hip twisting and arm swinging..:D... LOL

:wave: ..Lilybelle

Susan..I never new you could add benefiber to your food...Glad to know...Do you think i could do Metamucil the same way? I need to add fiber i have trouble with constipation too. I tried it in water. It got thick before i could drink it all..My stomach won't hold as much since i had my Nession Fundo Surgery..When i drank it it bloaded me so bad it was painful..Since it swells in your stomach...

MsChris...What is WATP? ...I've always done the old fashion exersize..I don't know about most of the new toys...:dunno:

Brenda...Jeremy is doing good thanks for asking...No, i / we didn't get to move her room around. She was being lazy yesterday..And i can't move the furniture myself..I hope when we do i don't pull my wrap lose...I don't want to go through that surgery again...They say it takes a long time to heal good.

Falon...(Camping)..If it keeps the house clean my kids ought to try it..LOL...My kids are big chickens..They would be knocking the door in at dark..When the creatures starts up.....And we have coyotes......You can hear them at night sometimes........I can see my kids now...:fr: ...:lol3:
Oh Yeah....HAPPY BIRTHDAY.....
...:hb: :gift: :woo: :balloons: I hope you have a great one.:hug:

Idealperson...Congrats on the 27lb loss....:bravo:

I got to go in a little while and take my sis to prereg. for an endoscopy and afterwards bring her little one's home with me...A 2 and 4 year old.They are going to a George Jones consert tonight..I hope i can handle it..I am so jumpy these days...I got an app. to see my doc. I'm sure i'm haveing problems with anxiety....I seems i'm a ball of nerves sometimes...My whole inside's seems to get shakey....It's a terrible feeling...
Have a good one ladies...
Candy

needtolose4me2
06-01-2006, 01:24 PM
Candy, a medicine ball is just a very large ball that resembles one of those large kids outside balls. http://www.askmen.com/sports/fitness_top_ten/36_fitness_list.html
this is the website from where I do my exercises with it.
I know what you mean about walking outside. On the treadmill I do feel like I am not getting any upper body workout. But someone reminded me about hand weights so I will try that.
Susan - just checked out benefiber in Walmart. so it says 4 g carbs minus 3 g fiber = 1 net carb per serving right? then how many times a day do you use it?

Buffy0
06-01-2006, 06:00 PM
Hey ladies -

Regarding the treadmill and not getting any upper body workout. Try this first before buying weights. When you walk on the treadmill, swing your arms back and for like you would if you were running. If you are walking slowly, just try to swing your arms faster than your walk - might feel unbalanced but you'll get a groove pretty easily.

You'll find that you'll sweat faster, get a better workout and get some upper body movement going on. Try this for a while and if you would like to get more toned, do light weights. (I would suggest 3-5).

I have a trainer and I had asked her about this in the past. It works for me. Maybe it'll work for you too.

hockeyfan7
06-01-2006, 08:16 PM
Hi everyone!

I have added Benefiber to scrambled eggs, meatloaf (I make mine with no bread crumbs since I can't have them), chicken broth, crab cakes (again, no bread crumbs) and anything else I can think of. I add about a teaspoon to eggs and probably a tablespoon to the mixture of anything else.

We also have been buying the unsweetened Koolaid (we buy the generic stuff) and using Splenda to make a pitcher. We add the Benefiber to that too -- about a tablespoon to a pitcher of lemonade.

Well, John is having his shoulder surgery on Tuesday evening -- the surgeon has to squeeze him in at 6:00 p.m. because his schedule is so packed. Which means we have to cancel our vacation. I want my Mommy -- I haven't seen her in almost 2 years. At least American Airlines was nice enough to set up a credit for us for our airline tickets we can use when we re-book the trip. We hope to be able to go end of August/first of September.

And he had the big "V" surgery yesterday -- the pain meds for his shoulder keep him from even feeling anything in that area. :)

lilybelle
06-01-2006, 08:21 PM
Hi everyone, I just came back from shopping and bought all the necessary things for another week of healthy Atkins eating. I had considered doing the egg fast this week, but think I'll hold off and see what happens by next Tuesday. I am so close to goal, no real reason to rush it I guess. My liver disease is acting up and I have rash all over my back, shoulders and arms. I am itching like crazy. (This happens 3 or 4 times a year). I could go up on my prednisone but it makes me so hungry. I guess I'll try to just stand the itching for now. I see my hepatologist again on June 30th, maybe he'll be able to help me. My daughter hugged me good night last night and told me that I don't need to lose any more weight. She said "you are so bony and skinny". Funny thing is, I don't think of myself as skinny but more like average sized.

lady_adnerb
06-02-2006, 08:15 AM
My eyes are still watering from mowing lawn yesterday. BLECH. I did ours PLUS mom & dad's. So I'm nice and burnt. OUCH! Not intentional--just forgot sunscreen. Pretty stupid of me as I was burnt from the weekend to start with. You'd think at my age I'd learn. Well, I CAN say I got burnt this weekend even though I WAS wearing sunscreen so not sure what the deal is with that.
On a good note, the scale is going (slowly..but it's going down) where it's supposed to be. I can't keep doing this to myself so I've got to REALLY watch things. Especially if I want to be back to where I was a year ago! Couldn't quite get all the water in yesterday but came quite close. Maybe today'll be better! And I'll be bailing the boat out so that'll be a little exercise (about 5 minutes worth...but nice arm workout :lol: ). Going to try and squeeze some WATP in as well. I need someone in my house to say "move it move it move it!!" Maybe when DH's ankle is better he'll help. Or I'll recruit the DD's to do it this summer. lol. Ok...off to get them out of bed and start their school day. 2 1/2 days left after this weekend!!!

Falon
06-02-2006, 11:28 AM
Thank you all for the birthday wishes. As for having wine -- I had a bottle of one that I probably shouldn't have had. Honey Mead blended with Raspberry wine, but the scale didn't go up, so I won't kick myself. This week though, I will only get a bottle of Merlot or a good red table wine. I won't lie -- the Mead was yummy. :)

You guys are posting faster than I can keep up, and personals are virually impossible, but I just want to say I admire you all! And have an awesome weekend!!!!

needtolose4me2
06-02-2006, 11:41 AM
Good morning all!
Well, chickened out of the fast. I keep hearing and reading it's "dangerous" . Plus I really want to get through this the right way. Sunday is my weigh in day and since I refuse to weighmy slef mid-week, I'll wait and see what happens. I did kick up the exercise. ( I was really lacking in that area)

Mschris - my measurements [I]did[I][ go down a bit during these past weeks with no weight loss. 91 1/2inches in my chest and an inch in my hips So that's a good sign. I think I will do the benefiber too that should help also.

Buffyo - thanks for the treadmill advice. I do try to swing my arms and lift them up over myhead liek I'm doing jumping jacks but I almost knocked out my window! It's a little tight. So last night I did curls and stuff with my arms weights strapped on and I'll tell ya this morning I feel it. Now If I can find a way to work my inner thighs while on there! lol

Susan - sorry to hear about your vacation plans being a bust. Hope all goes well with your hubby!

Lillybelle - I'm anxiously waiting to hear about those last 3 lbs. I hope you'll be feeling better soon. Isn't it a wonderful thing to hear from your daughter? I love when mine tells me that she sees a difference and is proud of me. It makes me feel like I'm being a positive role model for her to be healthy as well. Plus these comments are better than ones she used to make --- One day a few years ago ( i think she was about 6) I had a dress layed out on my bed to wear and she comes in the room and says "nice curtains Mommy!" she thought it was drapes! lol

Candy - I should set the same rule for myself about the computer and exercise! I find my self doing it late at night because I keep putting it off all day.

Brenda - you can do it. you can do it! Sounds like you are getting there. If I wasn't posting a 'quick reply" and had access to the smileys I'd send you a good boot in the butt! But I'm sure you'll be fine!

Have a good day all!
maggie

needtolose4me2
06-02-2006, 11:45 AM
mschris - correction - that's one and a half inches in my chest ! lol not 91. even though I could probably spare it!

hockeyfan7
06-02-2006, 05:59 PM
Afternoon everyone!

Well, it's actually been a quiet and boring day -- kind of makes me worry about this evening and what might happen with the way our life has been lately!

lilybelle
06-02-2006, 08:17 PM
Tomorrow my husband is off work and wants me to go on a long motorcycle ride with him and my neighbors. I am so scared of motorcycles. His driving scares me in a car. He drives too fast and runs up on people all the time. He thinks he's a great driver.(has been a state trooper for 20 yrs.). I could tell he was really disappointed last night when I said I wasn't thrilled about going. I told him that if I get killed that I'm really gonna be pi$$ed at him, that I didn't lose all this weight just to have fewer pall-bearers.LOL, I guess I will brave the trip but know that I am not looking forward to it.

lady_adnerb
06-02-2006, 10:59 PM
Water intake needs to be worked on for sure. I think I need to just quit buying soda. It's just too easy to go grab a can. And once I have one I can't seem to stop. So maybe there's my "trigger" to wanting junk and such. I just bought 4-12packs so I'm sure by this weekend that'll be gone :lol: I can't go next week w/out soda because I don't have time to deal with the caffeine withdrawal headache. So I'm thinking of making my soda-free goal on the 12th. Maybe I'll try and get exercise worked into that as well. :) Have a great weekend everyone!!

lilybelle
06-03-2006, 01:03 AM
Brenda, I know what you mean about the soda, I drink too much of it too. I do so much better when I drink just coffee and water. I did 30 min's (1 1/2 miles )on treadmill tonite. This is the farthest I have walked since hernia surgery last month. I felt a little sweaty but no pain. I am really going to kick in gear with my walking and eating right. I may need some swift kicks to keep going.

MsChris
06-03-2006, 03:44 AM
Hey All - Spent most of the day cleaning and I am about worn out, but wanted to take some time and write.

Falon - :HappyBirthday:

Maggie - If your measurements are shrinking, then the program is working. It is just going to take a little while for the scales to catch up. Your muscle gain may not be showing your actual fat loss. I saw you add the arm weights while on the treadmill. Are you feeling the tone?

Candy - WATP is Walk Away The Pounds by Leslie Sansone. She does walk aerobics in mile intervals.

Susan - I hope you got your quiet boring night to match your day and didn't pop up any surprises. We all need a little rest sometimes.

Lilybelle - Your hub must be related to mine. His driving sounds the same. Thank goodness we can't afford the motorcycle he wants or I maybe in the same boat. Good luck to you on that. Congratulations on the new exercise level. Those last 3 pounds should fly off you now.

Brenda - Good luck on your Soda free Goal.

Falon
06-03-2006, 11:48 AM
Morning All --

Thanks Cryislyn! :hug: Gonna kick up some heels in Boulder with some good Irish food and dancing. LOL

I'm just doing a quicky check in. :)

Susan - Glad everything went well for John, and the same results on Tuesday.

Lily - Please give a spew alert next time! Oh man that was such a good giggle. My husband rides dule sport (on and off road) and I wouldn't get on the back either. I am, however, going to take a class to learn to ride myself. I refuse to be the ***** on the back (coining the phrase) but that won't be until around fall hopefully. Have a nice time, keep your eyes closed, and it'll be ok.

Brenda -- you can cut out the soda. It takes some good willpower, but it's doable. Research the info out there about artificial sweetners, and it'll completely turn you off from ever putting it in your body again.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend, and enjoys this summer weather. :) Though here in the the Denver area it's above average... but for the last 3 years we had terrible storms on my birthday and it was awful! Hopefully it won't happen this year.. <grins>

lilybelle
06-03-2006, 02:08 PM
Falon, I'm LOL. Sorry about forgettting the spew alert. I guess we are leaving soon and I'm the ***** on the back. LOL

hockeyfan7
06-03-2006, 09:19 PM
Unfortunately, my quiet day didn't last yesterday.

I had a late afternoon doctor's appointment. Well, my blood pressure has been running fairly high since my surgery and going off the birth control pill -- which is weird. The pill is supposed to raise your blood pressure. So now I have to go next week and have a renal artery ultrasound to check for kidney problems.

Then John's incision from the big "V" surgery popped open and started bleeding so it was back to the ER last night. Only to have the ER doctor to tell him to put neosporin and gauze on it and wear a jock strap until it closes! So then we had to go buy a jock strap.

Then the check engine light on the Jeep came on and won't go off so now we have to replace some kind of sensor on the transmission which means a transmission fluid change and we have to replace spark plugs and wires which means a couple hundred dollars.

When they said bad things come in 3s, doesn't that mean I'm only supposed to get 3 and not 6????

RobinW
06-04-2006, 12:47 AM
Im Hoooooooooooooome!!

Its late, but Im still a bit jazzed from the drive home. The tradeshow was pretty awesome. Yup, we spent too much money, and yup, we got another ruler! :lol: On the plus side, we bought a heatpress to add to the business, so that opens up so many more doors for us. Im just thrilled!! It wont arrive until late this coming week, so that gives us time to get things ready, and find space for it! :rolleyes:

Susan~ unfortunately, you had 2 sets of three, hit you at the same time. I hope everything works out alright.

Ive never done this before, but Im going to ask anyway for thoughts and prayers for the family that was in the car we seen today. Ive never gone by a incident on a highway and literally started crying when I seen it. We got caught in a pretty bad hail storm coming home today. We pulled over until it passed us by. (matter of 5 min this all happened) We started back onto the road, and all the cars had started backing up just about to where we were. About .5 a mile up the road was a car totally engulfed in flames.(it had just happened) A huge semi blasted thru the cars, horns blaring to help the fire truck get around us. (construction had us pigeon holed in one spot) I could only see one person on the side of the road, and there were 2 cars :( The heat was so intense driving past, that with the a/c on in the truck, you could feel the heat thru the door very intensely. So pls send some loving prayers and thoughts for that family. That just broke my heart today, and made me very thankful for my little family.

I'll check in tomorrow .....Im about ready to restart everything on monday. Dh and I ate wayyyy too much irish food this weekend. (Awesome irish pub 2 doors down from the hotel)

lilybelle
06-04-2006, 01:21 PM
I made it back alive from the motorcycle trip. It was actually pretty fun. He drove super careful. The scary part was riding home after dark. We visited a state park about 2 hrs. from home where there was a nice waterfall, pool, swinging bridge and caves to explore. We went into a nearby town for a big dinner and got terrible service. The food was good but they had ran out of a lot of things we ordered. The manager apologized and gave all 4 of us our dinner for free. I won't be as afraid the next time we go on the motorcycle. The good thing was, I didn't feel too big on it. The seat was a little uncomfortable on my bony tailbone. I held onto DH for dear life. It was nice to get out with friends without any kids with us. My DH works so much that we don't get to go anywhere very often.

MsChris
06-04-2006, 02:51 PM
Susan - I so hate to hear that all this is happening to you guys. I will light a candle for you and send some good vibes your way.

Robin - Welcome back home. How did you fare on your meal plan while you were gone? I for one - will send a prayer for your anonymous family as well as others we don't know of.

Lilybelle - Glad you made it through the trip safe and sound. You told us about your tailbone -but now that it is the next day - how are your legs? Isn't riding a motorcycle all of sudden, like riding a horse?

As for me - I need a swift kick. I gave in to hub and family and ate birthday cake last night. Hub spent $400 on food and good bit of that was on the cake. I loved the meatballs and the chicken salad, but I should NEVER have let them agravating me into eating cake. After I ate the cake, I figured oh **** - I messed up so I may as well make it worth it - so I ate a handful of grapes too. Believe or not the grapes were the sweetest I have ever tasted. Sweeter than the cake. So then I walked in my room, saw my atkins book and my computer on the bed and I stopped eating at all last night. Today - I have had Smoked Sausage (one round 2" piece cut in half) and 2 scrambled eggs and water. I am going to have two baked chicken legs for dinner. I have done one 30 minute workout and I am about to go build a brick raised bed in my garden. I will try to come up with some other workout as well. I am going to get back on track. I just hate that weigh day is tomorrow now. I hope I didn't do too much damage.

lilybelle
06-04-2006, 04:56 PM
My legs feel fine today. I guess I'll know for sure when I get my lazy booty back on the treadmill today. My eating hasn't been exactly perfect (too much fruit) so not expecting any weight loss this week. I have had 2 fried eggs with a thick slice of ham for breakfast. A 2 carb ice cream bar for snack. I have a watermelon cut that is calling for me. Plan is for salad, smoked ribs and green beans for dinner. Does anyone else stick well to plan and then over-do it with fruit, I've been this way all along.

RobinW
06-04-2006, 08:05 PM
How did you fare on your meal plan while you were gone? not good, and not bad either. We found an irish pub 2 doors down from the hotel, and it was awesome. BUT....the food was so heavy and so filling, that we only ate there 2x. Other than that, dh and I stuck to our protein shakes for breaky, lunch was light....only ate at burger king once....and it was a kids meal I shared with dh. So, really not too bad at all.

Today has been a busy day....we decided to move the office again :rolleyes: dd really wanted the room we moved the office into, but didnt tell us until we were already moved around. Well, since we bought the heat press, we dont have room in the office anymore. But dd's room will fit everything perfect with room to spare. She's just thrilled to be moving into the smaller room :lol: go figure :dunno: So.....thats on the agenda this week along with the 100 other things that have to get done. :lol:

Eating is off plan today, and everything gets right back op tomorrow, along with a more dedicated exercise plan. Ive been doing alot of reading about menopause, and perimenopause, and if I dont make my changes now, Im going to be suffering for a very long time. If I take after my mother, Im going to be going thru this for many many more years to come. Mom is 61 and is still going thru menopause....her Dr. is just amazed with it all! :lol: I dont think I can do this monthly **** for another 20+yrs. When Im eating properly, I dont have any problems....and the more I read, the more I understand what and why everything is happening.

Well, its time to clean out dd's room and start getting ready. Have a nice evening ladies!

MsChris
06-05-2006, 10:40 AM
Well, I weighed this morning and had absolutely no change in weight. Considering what I ate Saturday night, I should not be surprised, but I am still disappointed. I didn't think I ate enough that I would not have any weight loss. Of course, I think that TOM should be here tomorrow or the next day, so that may be part of the cause for no weight loss as well - Right? Oh well, I will just have to try to be more dilligent this week.