Old 06-03-2006, 10:48 AM   #46  

Morning All --

Thanks Cryislyn! Gonna kick up some heels in Boulder with some good Irish food and dancing. LOL

I'm just doing a quicky check in.

Susan - Glad everything went well for John, and the same results on Tuesday.

Lily - Please give a spew alert next time! Oh man that was such a good giggle. My husband rides dule sport (on and off road) and I wouldn't get on the back either. I am, however, going to take a class to learn to ride myself. I refuse to be the ***** on the back (coining the phrase) but that won't be until around fall hopefully. Have a nice time, keep your eyes closed, and it'll be ok.

Brenda -- you can cut out the soda. It takes some good willpower, but it's doable. Research the info out there about artificial sweetners, and it'll completely turn you off from ever putting it in your body again.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend, and enjoys this summer weather. Though here in the the Denver area it's above average... but for the last 3 years we had terrible storms on my birthday and it was awful! Hopefully it won't happen this year.. <grins>
Falon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 01:08 PM   #47  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Falon, I'm LOL. Sorry about forgettting the spew alert. I guess we are leaving soon and I'm the ***** on the back. LOL
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 08:19 PM   #48  
Susan hockeyfan7

Unfortunately, my quiet day didn't last yesterday.

I had a late afternoon doctor's appointment. Well, my blood pressure has been running fairly high since my surgery and going off the birth control pill -- which is weird. The pill is supposed to raise your blood pressure. So now I have to go next week and have a renal artery ultrasound to check for kidney problems.

Then John's incision from the big "V" surgery popped open and started bleeding so it was back to the ER last night. Only to have the ER doctor to tell him to put neosporin and gauze on it and wear a jock strap until it closes! So then we had to go buy a jock strap.

Then the check engine light on the Jeep came on and won't go off so now we have to replace some kind of sensor on the transmission which means a transmission fluid change and we have to replace spark plugs and wires which means a couple hundred dollars.

When they said bad things come in 3s, doesn't that mean I'm only supposed to get 3 and not 6????
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 11:47 PM   #49  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Im Hoooooooooooooome!!

Its late, but Im still a bit jazzed from the drive home. The tradeshow was pretty awesome. Yup, we spent too much money, and yup, we got another ruler! On the plus side, we bought a heatpress to add to the business, so that opens up so many more doors for us. Im just thrilled!! It wont arrive until late this coming week, so that gives us time to get things ready, and find space for it!

Susan~ unfortunately, you had 2 sets of three, hit you at the same time. I hope everything works out alright.

Ive never done this before, but Im going to ask anyway for thoughts and prayers for the family that was in the car we seen today. Ive never gone by a incident on a highway and literally started crying when I seen it. We got caught in a pretty bad hail storm coming home today. We pulled over until it passed us by. (matter of 5 min this all happened) We started back onto the road, and all the cars had started backing up just about to where we were. About .5 a mile up the road was a car totally engulfed in flames.(it had just happened) A huge semi blasted thru the cars, horns blaring to help the fire truck get around us. (construction had us pigeon holed in one spot) I could only see one person on the side of the road, and there were 2 cars The heat was so intense driving past, that with the a/c on in the truck, you could feel the heat thru the door very intensely. So pls send some loving prayers and thoughts for that family. That just broke my heart today, and made me very thankful for my little family.

I'll check in tomorrow .....Im about ready to restart everything on monday. Dh and I ate wayyyy too much irish food this weekend. (Awesome irish pub 2 doors down from the hotel)
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 12:21 PM   #50  
lilybelle

I made it back alive from the motorcycle trip. It was actually pretty fun. He drove super careful. The scary part was riding home after dark. We visited a state park about 2 hrs. from home where there was a nice waterfall, pool, swinging bridge and caves to explore. We went into a nearby town for a big dinner and got terrible service. The food was good but they had ran out of a lot of things we ordered. The manager apologized and gave all 4 of us our dinner for free. I won't be as afraid the next time we go on the motorcycle. The good thing was, I didn't feel too big on it. The seat was a little uncomfortable on my bony tailbone. I held onto DH for dear life. It was nice to get out with friends without any kids with us. My DH works so much that we don't get to go anywhere very often.
Old 06-04-2006, 01:51 PM   #51  
Walk/Low Carb Away Pounds

S/C/G: 190/178.8/170

Height: 5'3-1/2"

Susan - I so hate to hear that all this is happening to you guys. I will light a candle for you and send some good vibes your way.

Robin - Welcome back home. How did you fare on your meal plan while you were gone? I for one - will send a prayer for your anonymous family as well as others we don't know of.

Lilybelle - Glad you made it through the trip safe and sound. You told us about your tailbone -but now that it is the next day - how are your legs? Isn't riding a motorcycle all of sudden, like riding a horse?

As for me - I need a swift kick. I gave in to hub and family and ate birthday cake last night. Hub spent $400 on food and good bit of that was on the cake. I loved the meatballs and the chicken salad, but I should NEVER have let them agravating me into eating cake. After I ate the cake, I figured oh **** - I messed up so I may as well make it worth it - so I ate a handful of grapes too. Believe or not the grapes were the sweetest I have ever tasted. Sweeter than the cake. So then I walked in my room, saw my atkins book and my computer on the bed and I stopped eating at all last night. Today - I have had Smoked Sausage (one round 2" piece cut in half) and 2 scrambled eggs and water. I am going to have two baked chicken legs for dinner. I have done one 30 minute workout and I am about to go build a brick raised bed in my garden. I will try to come up with some other workout as well. I am going to get back on track. I just hate that weigh day is tomorrow now. I hope I didn't do too much damage.
MsChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 03:56 PM   #52  
lilybelle

My legs feel fine today. I guess I'll know for sure when I get my lazy booty back on the treadmill today. My eating hasn't been exactly perfect (too much fruit) so not expecting any weight loss this week. I have had 2 fried eggs with a thick slice of ham for breakfast. A 2 carb ice cream bar for snack. I have a watermelon cut that is calling for me. Plan is for salad, smoked ribs and green beans for dinner. Does anyone else stick well to plan and then over-do it with fruit, I've been this way all along.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:05 PM   #53  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Quote:
How did you fare on your meal plan while you were gone?
not good, and not bad either. We found an irish pub 2 doors down from the hotel, and it was awesome. BUT....the food was so heavy and so filling, that we only ate there 2x. Other than that, dh and I stuck to our protein shakes for breaky, lunch was light....only ate at burger king once....and it was a kids meal I shared with dh. So, really not too bad at all.

Today has been a busy day....we decided to move the office again dd really wanted the room we moved the office into, but didnt tell us until we were already moved around. Well, since we bought the heat press, we dont have room in the office anymore. But dd's room will fit everything perfect with room to spare. She's just thrilled to be moving into the smaller room go figure So.....thats on the agenda this week along with the 100 other things that have to get done.

Eating is off plan today, and everything gets right back op tomorrow, along with a more dedicated exercise plan. Ive been doing alot of reading about menopause, and perimenopause, and if I dont make my changes now, Im going to be suffering for a very long time. If I take after my mother, Im going to be going thru this for many many more years to come. Mom is 61 and is still going thru menopause....her Dr. is just amazed with it all! I dont think I can do this monthly **** for another 20+yrs. When Im eating properly, I dont have any problems....and the more I read, the more I understand what and why everything is happening.

Well, its time to clean out dd's room and start getting ready. Have a nice evening ladies!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 09:40 AM   #54  
Walk/Low Carb Away Pounds

S/C/G: 190/178.8/170

Height: 5'3-1/2"

Well, I weighed this morning and had absolutely no change in weight. Considering what I ate Saturday night, I should not be surprised, but I am still disappointed. I didn't think I ate enough that I would not have any weight loss. Of course, I think that TOM should be here tomorrow or the next day, so that may be part of the cause for no weight loss as well - Right? Oh well, I will just have to try to be more dilligent this week.
MsChris is offline   Reply With Quote