UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 05-16-2006, 03:05 PM   #1  
serial dieter

Default Hi, I'm new

Hello,

I'm new to the site, but not to dieting! I'm one of those people who have been on a diet most of my life, yoyoed up and down, lost my body weight over the years and each time put on more.

I'm just starting again, and looking for some support, although I'm doing it my own way, trying to incorporate various elements of dieting that have helped me.

One thing I've found is that as soon as I say I can't have something, I want it, so I'm trying to say to myself that I can have whatever I want, if I desperately want it, and it doesn't mean I've blown the diet. I hope it's going to help.

I'm also setting a goal of losing 2 stone, in 14-16 weeks, rather than thinking about all that I have to lose, and losing heart.

Looking forward to being part of your community

Rose
whiteroseuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 03:10 PM   #2  

Welcome Rose
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 03:31 PM   #3  

Hi Rose, I only joined yesterday and am still finding my way around. This seems to be a very friendly and helpful site.

I really agree with you I hate to deny myself anything, I want it all the more and it seems the more I think about losing weight, the more I put on.

I have read the Paul McKenna weight loss book, and he basically says that you can have anything you want, if you are really hungry, but eat slowly, savour the food, and stop when you are full. To be honest I haven't really given his method a fair trial as yet. I am still struggling to start eating properly. I feel more hopeful than a few days ago.

Best of luck to you.
happysunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 04:19 PM   #4  
serial dieter

Hi, veggie, thanks for the welcome.

Hi sunflower, pleased to meet you. I watched the Paul McKenna programmes on the tv, and followed the plan for the 4 weeks, I lost 5 lbs, but fell off the wagon over Easter and put it all back on again. I'm trying to incorporate his ideas into my programme, but I do feel that to lose weight I have to do more than he suggests. His plan is ideal for maintaining once you have got to a goal. That's my opinion anyway.

I've signed up to do the race for Life in July, so i have to be a bit fitter than I am at the moment, so if I can lose a few pounds before then, and build up some exercise, thats what I'm hoping to do. I'm just walking the 5km, not running, (too many bits wobble to run)

Perhaps we could help each other?
whiteroseuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 04:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 174/148/138

Height: 5' 9"

Hellooooo new peoples
Moo :) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 04:47 AM   #6  
Bling it on

Hiya and Welcome!
I am sure you will love this site and all the help and support that is here.
Like you, I am setting myself small targets so that I can just concentrate on that instead of having panic attacks every time I realise just how much I have to lose in total!
Good luck with your journey! xx
pinklady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 02:41 AM   #7  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

Hi!!
My targets are usually 4lbs each month, I took me like 7months to lose2 stone tho
angeleyezx is offline   Reply With Quote