Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-23-2006, 08:28 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Thursday Log - March 23rd

Good Morning,

Cathy, yikes hope your day today is better than yesterday.

Marcie, are you feeling better today?

Liz, sounds like you had a fun day yesterday

Tippy, did you save me a muffin lol.

Nothing much is happening here today... just workin me widdle fangers to the bone

I'm doing okay with my eating... TOM is approaching and yesterday I ate SOOO much.... good food but none the less, calories are calories. I just couldn't stop LOL. I'm hoping today won't be a repeat of that.

10 AM I'm getting my hair cut haven't had a trim since November..yikes, I'm starting to look like Cousin It.

How's everyone today ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

LOL good morning Leenie - you sound chipper this morning in spite of how busy you are. LOL Cousin It hehehehehehe I know you will feel better after your haircut. just a trim? or a new do?

guesssssssss whattttttttttttt

I FOUND MY CONTACT!!!! can you believe that!!!! :-)

Dh had called me yesterday afternoon and said he went over everything with a Q Beam light but that it was nowhere to be found.

I came in from work and started looking around in the bathroom and dh came in and said "it's not in here, I've already gone over this whole room and it's just not in here". I told him that I had been praying all the way home to find it and that I was just gonna look and when I twisted back around the light hit it just right and it caught my eye and I started saying "look at this - look at this - look at this! and there it was sitting right there in the decorative brass handle part of my vanity mirror that we had moved around several times yesterday to make sure the contact hadn't fallen in btwn the bottles of stuff sitting on the mirror.

It was just sitting there big as you please hehehehehe

And believe you me - it is a miracle for me to find it when dh didn't see it - bec I really need my contacts to be able to even hope to see something like that. I just don't see as well with glasses.

woooooooooohooooooooooo

I am a happy camper! ;-)

Now none of the other stuff is working - but I don't care cause I found my $200 contact lens.

Soooooooo my day is going much better! ;-)
how is everyone else doing?
hugs,
Cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 03-23-2006 at 10:30 AM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 01:13 PM   #3  
Hot Mama

Good Morning all.

Cathy-So glad you found your contact! Gives you a yippee feeling, doesn't it!

Leenie-I'm doing all right. Not great, but not bad, either. I've really been fighting this migraine, and I think the cold is making it worse.

Okay, I need to get this out. May be long. I've been married for almost 15 years. During that time, my husband has controlled and manipulated me. I allowed it, due to my childhood and low self esteem. Anyway, the past few years have been really rocky, with talk of splitting up, etc. He acknowledged his behavior, said he changed. But all he did was become more subtle. But I can't tell him any of this. Because then it's my fault. He told me when I am depressed, he is not attracted to me, and he doesn't want to hear about what I am going through. Then a few days later, he took it back. Said he didn't mean it. Well, sorry, but now I can't share with him. Because he SAID it. Now that he's in Iraq, he wants to know every detail about what's going on with me. I haven't been able to tell him. It's just too scary. But he's called 4 times in the last 2 days, wanting to know how I am. He said I'm not emailing like I used to, I'm not saying I love you. He wants to get into a discussion of our relationship. Well damnit! He's in freaking Iraq! So of course I tell him I love him and miss him. I feel terrible that he has to be there. But I don't know what he wants from me. It changes all the time. And it's exhausting trying to keep up. After a fight, he's Mr. Loving. But it doesn't take long for him to become Mr. Condescending. And talking to him about it just doesn't work. He's always right.

Okay, letting it go.
Marciet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 01:13 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

HAAAAAAA thats a great story Cathy LOLOL, I'm glad you found it. I had disposable contacts so if I lose 1 I have another in the closet. I am to clumsy to have the "real" thing.

No new doo, just a trim.... bak bak bak bak bak
Old 03-23-2006, 01:33 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hey Marcie, we posted at the same time.

Wowee girl, this is a sensitive situation. Sounds like DH is starting to get worried that you might be looking elsewhere and now that he is in Iraq he doesn't quite have that "control" over you anymore... I bet its freaking him out. So your saying now he wants to know every detail about how you feel where as before he didn't even want to talk about it...... I dunno girl, part of me says let him squirm he's a big boy and should take his wife's health seriously instead of worrying about himself and what he's attracted to. He also needs to learn that you are not part of the military and he doesn't need to have that military mentality with his wife. Gee girl, I'm hoping I'm not offending or hurting your feelings, it just sounds like your man needs to grow up a bit.

My boss was 23 years in the military and I can see that need to "control" things in him and have things his way or no way. Some day, when I get enuf nerve, I'll have to remind him that we are not in the military anymore and that he needs to treat people better (this day is coming soon, i can feel it).

It sounds like you two definitly need counceling.... have you ever tried it? do you think he would go?

Your so young and pretty... you do deserve a happy life and don't you ever forget that.

Hugs to you !!
Old 03-23-2006, 02:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey Marcie - I am so sorry for everything you are dealing with! Sounds like you have an awful lot on your plate to deal with right now. How long has your husband been in Iraq?
I'm sending you a great big cyber

Leenie - I wish I could were the disposable soft lens but I have to wear the gas permable contacts bec the astigmatism in my right eye is too bad. I am too clumsy for these expensive things too but I hate wearing glasses
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 04:52 PM   #7  
Hot Mama

Leenie-You're absolutely not offending me. I've been dealing with this for a long time. Before he left for Iraq, I was in the place where I just wanted it to be over. But he will not leave, and if I leave then the breakup is my fault. Not to mention we have a family. We did try therapy, lasted 2 sessions. The counselor told him he was controlling, and basically a lot of the problems were his fault. Needless to say, we never went back, and he REALLY doesn't want to try again.

Cathy-Thanks for the hug. He's been in Iraq since January, will be home end of May.

It's great just to be able to get it out, and have support. Thanks.
Marciet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 08:25 AM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Marcie, your in a tough situation. I really wish I could tell you what to do but being I'm not in your shoes I haven't a clue. Having kids involved certainly changes things, thats for sure. Some times just being able to talk to some one about it helps. So, please remember we are always here for you and no matter what you decide, we stand behind you 100%. I hope things get better for you and your kids... HUGS !!!