Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 08:22 PM   #1  
banned

Default modified core?

hi guys,

ive got a question. ive been toying w the idea of giving core yet another shot after falling off the wagon 2x now and was tossing around the idea of using lowfat products in lieu of FF stuff b/c i think thats one of thereasons i struggle w it. has anyone done core this way?(and i dont mean using wpa's for lf stuff) i mean like doing core like south beach?
Old 03-22-2006, 08:56 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

If you're going to do that, you might as well do South Beach. Core was developed for a reason and if you have to tweak it so hard that it's not Core anymore, then what's the point?
Old 03-24-2006, 08:12 AM   #3  

Great answer Kathy....if someone is changing this or that, or looking for answers that 'they' want to hear then you are right, they should be doing something else.
WW has spent time and $ to develope this Program and it does work!!

According to our Manuals,there is NO modified core program, there is NO Flore, there is NO Clex - as some members have lovingly named these If you are finding yourself 'tweaking' to meet your needs, you might as well count pts.

Core was meant to be followed the way WW has it set up. It works that
way!!
There is a lot of research that goes into this, so I believe it is safe to say, WW knows what they are talking about. Work the program the way it is written, a SMALL tweak here or there is not going to be harmful, but to change the program to meet one's own needs is not the way it was meant to be.
Don't try to figure out why the SF/FF thing, just follow the guidelines as written in your Week One booklet....you'll be fine.
I also believe any questions we may have or have tossed around in our minds WW has 'probably' thought of too
Take advantage of your 35 WPA that is what THEY are there for....to keep the tweaking down to a dull roar
Old 03-24-2006, 08:22 AM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

Linda, I can tell you're passionate about this. I, too, believe it works if you follow it. I agree with you and Kathy completely.
Closed Thread