UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 02-24-2006, 06:37 PM   #1  
Getting Fit in 2006

Smile Hi, I'm new!

Hi there, just wanted to say hello to everyone! I just joined today. I'm trying to get fit and healthy in 2006, and I need all the support and motivation I can get, so I'm trying to join message boards etc.

I'm 31 years old, 5'8", and currently weigh in at 13st 9.5lbs Although I carry it fairly well (and a lot of it is actually in my boobs), I know that I'm overweight and unfit. So I'm hoping to change that in the coming months!

I don't like going to the gym as it takes so much extra time just to get there and get ready before any exercise is even done, and it's too cold and wet here in Northern Ireland to exercise outdoors, so I'm using workout DVDs and having great fun with them. I'm renting rather than buying so I can have lots of variety and find out what motivates me (currently loving the Hotpants and Little Black Dress workouts, and Davina's new one).

So, anyway, hello, and I hope to get to know some of you a bit better in the next few months!
BitTooBuxom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 06:54 PM   #2  

Welcome Jenny to the forum
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 07:48 PM   #3  
DAC328

Hello! I joined today also and am excited about the extra support. I've allowed myself to gain 50 lbs. over the last several years and am miserable. I'm walking several times a week, but can't seem to get my eating under control. My husband is an elite athlete and you would think living with him I would be motivated, but ladies, I'll tell you, I'm exhausted just watching him. So I look forward to giving support and receiving it. Thank you, Debbie
dac328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 08:29 AM   #4  
Pending Email Confirmation

A big welcome to you!
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 10:05 AM   #5  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hello and
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 01:52 PM   #6