Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 10:13 AM   #1  

Default week of Feb 5-Feb 11

Happy Monday all!!!!!

We all seem to be ove rthe yucky barfing bug that hit all of us this weekend. I think I did pretty well this week. I didn't use any flex points over the weekend, but will need afew today for lunch since I used them on Sunday.

It's snowing really bad here. I had hoped to go to the grocery store, but not going to happen. I can barley see my in laws' house across the road b/c it's snowing and blowing so hard.

Well have a fabulous day all!!!
Old 02-06-2006, 10:40 AM   #2  

Default Another One For The Thumb!!!

STEELERS GOT ONE FOR THE THUMB!!!

Yea, Happy Monday everyone! Misty - so glad you guys are over the barfing bug! Ewwww! I have a friend here that has small children and they have had a rough winter with illnesses too!!!!!! Snowing? Here too! Ahhhh. But, I guess we shouldn't complain since we have had a pretty mild winter.

Well...........HOW ABOUT THOSE STEELERS?!?!?!? Yipppeee! My daughter and I watched the entire game...........we had some healthy snacks but at bedtime I was so hungry that I ate a bowl of cereal. (A BIG BOWL). My DH got forced over at work so he came home grumpy!

I made a vow this week to lose 4#!!!!! Everyone say a big ol' prayer for me! I'm going to need it, since I didn't lose any last week. I did some situps and a light aerobic workout yesterday and as soon as I get off of here and finish my morning coffee I am going to do it today as well!
Old 02-06-2006, 07:49 PM   #3  

Hello! It's super cold here, but no snow, thankfully!! Misty, I'm glad your family is over being sick. You know, i think it has been a rough winter for a lot of people...all the families I know seem to have been sick a lot this year. no fun!

Jeanne, did your husband get to watch any of the game? That's too bad!! I fell asleep during halftime, and i didn't wake up until the game was over. I was disappointed that I missed it, but I was glad the Steelers won! Good luck on the weight loss. Just remember to keep within the program, and the weight loss will come!

I gained .8 this week. I'm disappointed in myself. I really need to try harder!! I vow to plan out all my meals and points ahead of time. In fact, that's what I'm going to do right now...plan meals and then exercise!
Old 02-06-2006, 08:22 PM   #4  

Okay, ladies. Here's what I'm eating tomorrow:

Wheat chex & skim milk - 4 points
large apple - 2 points
Smart Ones lunch - 6 points
yogurt - 1 point
mt dew - 5 points (won a 20 oz soda--gotta drink it, right!?)
Supper - Hamburger Helper - 6 points (husband's night to cook)

=24 points

I'm only "allowed" 22, but I plan on exercising to obtain two more points.

Whew!! I'm not use to counting anymore. I must get back into the habit!!!
Old 02-07-2006, 05:19 PM   #5  

Where is everyone?!

Well, I've did okay today, but a little off from what I planned. Here goes:

wheat chex and skim milk - 4
large apple - 2
WW meal - 6
yogurt - 1
mt des - 5

=18 plus the 6 for Hamburger helper tonight puts me at 24. I'll snag some activity points for sure. Yes! I can do it!
Old 02-07-2006, 08:51 PM   #6  

Yes.......................You can!!!!!!!
Old 02-08-2006, 07:42 AM   #7  

Good morning!!!!

Steph, you can do this. Great job planning! Even if we don't do it 100% it gives us aguide. Is 20 ounces of Mountain Dew really only 5 points? That's really not horrible. I just might have one lol!!

So I weighed in yesterday. 201.5. A loss of 5.5 pounds from last week. I have 10.5 more pounds to go before I reach my goal I set. I'd like to see 191 by Easter. I wasn't going to put that in writing b/c I have NEVER met a goal. But maybe this one is doable.

Have a great day all!!!
Old 02-08-2006, 12:20 PM   #8  

Congratulations on the loss, Misty!! You go, girl!!

Time for my planning:

Wheat chex with skim milk: 4
mt dew: 5 (another free one soda)
WW lunch: 6
Yogurt: 1
WW supper: 6

=22 points

But, I ate a big cookie that I don't know how many points it would be. I'll exercise enough today to gain 4 activity points, and I'll just consider the rest to be part of my flex.

I think the hardest part for me is when I don't know how many points something is.

I have a secret---I've been prepackaging my cereal, so I just pour it out of a ziplock baggie in the morning. No more guessing on the serving size.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:16 PM   #9  

You all may know I'm going thru a hard time with my son--he has been in the hospital 1 week as of today.

I'm doing well on the exercising but definitely slipping in terms of monitoring my eating. I don't want to blow it and gain more than a couple of pounds. I just had a small bowl of reduced-fat Cape Cod chips (yum), followed by an orange. This doesn't feel like a binge to me! OTOH, I can't honestly say that I was hungry and needed to eat. I think it was emotional eating induced by stress. So I'm keeping a close eye on things.

Four more hours until my Kickboxing class-that should help!

Best wishes to everyone.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:30 PM   #10  

Misty FIVE pounds my oh my that is awesome that deserves to bring out the dancing carrots girl!

I am not motivated not doing terrible just not doing it! Much more faithful to exercise than to what I put in my mouth.

Superbowl I blew it! This week end traveling to our daughters in Ohio so...... Excuses excuses excuses.......
Old 02-09-2006, 11:27 AM   #11  

Hi everyone! Wowsie, looks like everyone is doing great with the exercise! (except me) I hate it! Ahhhhh!
luflic, I make excuse too! It's normal for us dieters!
Went shopping yesterday, I didn't buy any clothes, mainly because I really didn't want to try anything on. We did find some good buys on candles and things for the house, as well as some books at the bookstore. BUT...........we ate at the food court. I didn't have any breakfast because I knew we were going. (this mall is awesome, it has an IMAX theater, indoor glow in the dark mini golf, bowling, shopping and the food of course) anyways........I ate a slice of spinach and mushroom pizza with ricotta cheese - it was delicous, but definately big, oily, and fattening, well I washed that down with a diet coke.........THEN........we went to the movies....I didn't eat anything there, but afterward my husband and kids got general sos chicken and I truly indulged! Big time! Then............(I know I know, when does it stop) ......chocolate covered marshmallows (2). I had such a stomach ache when I got home. I drank some diet soda to help ease the stomach ache, but I didn't sleep well at all! I think some of it was quilt ridden, while the rest was bloat! I should weigh in today, but........I'm not going too! I work at 2:00, I really can't eat any candy while I'm there today! I CAN'T, I CAN'T, I CAN'T, I WONT!!!!!!

Steph, heres to you girl..............I'm planning my meals today!
1 large apple 1
2 cups of coffee with ff creamer 2
Lean Cuisine sandwich grillers 6
carrots & celery 0
diet soda 0
1 chicken breast 5
salad w/lite dressing 2
16 total/4-6 to play with! (probably a 100 cal. oreo snack pack! 2)

PS - I love the cereal idea......I'm going to do that too!!!!!
Plan on walking today too!

Have a great day everyone and sorry this is soooooooo long!
Old 02-09-2006, 09:42 PM   #12  
Jane

Hi All. I ?THINK? I posted here already wanting to join this thread? If not, here I go again. lol
My name is Mary Jane, but MJ or Jane will do just as well as any other name I've been called. I rejoined WW 1/30/06 using the Flex Plan. That is not my problem, following the points system is fairly simple, it's getting off my fanny and doing that thing called exercise. No motivation here, and I do mean NONE! Is there any help for me? lol
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!
By the way, I am NOT Insane!!! NOT! NOT! NOT! Perfectly normal? LOLOLOL
Thanks and good luck with your challenges.

Name: MJ or Jane
WI Day: Monday
Highest weight: 171.8
Weight when started WW: 171.8
Current weight: 168.8
10% goal: 154.6
Long term goal:
Plan: Flex Points
Job: lighter inspector
Old 02-09-2006, 09:51 PM   #13  
Jane

One more silly question and I shall leave you ladies alone till tomorrow. How the heck do I find this again? Would someone be kind enough to email or send and instant message thru Yahoo? LOL.
(let me know who you are in the IM on Yahoo or I will just cancel it if I dont reconize the name.)
Thanks!!!!!
Old 02-10-2006, 09:23 AM   #14  

WELCOME JANE!!!

I sent you and Yahoo IM explaing how I subscribe to the trhead so I can keep up. I hope it helps

Well 8 million things to do today. I will be gone all weekend most likley. I am taking DD to see Seaseme STreet Live with my best friend andher daughter. It will be a great "girls weekend". DS and DH are staying home I'm planning on taking good snacks with me for the drive and planning lunch carefully. I really wnata loss this week. Half a pound would even please me Have a fabulous weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-10-2006, 03:28 PM   #15  

Jane it is nice to have a new voice! Funny but exercise is so much easier to do for me than not putting food in my mouth! Part of my problem is we are going to Ohio to visit our pregnant daughter and I know I won't eat on program. Well Monday I plan on being ultra legal again!

Misty have a wonderful week end enjoy this special time with your daughter. I remember doing that with my girls. So neat

Chocolate covered marshmallow is my favorite I mean favorite treat of all!

Well need to scoot You ladies have a wonderful week end talk to you again on MOnday!
Closed Thread