Old 02-05-2006, 09:34 AM   #1  
Going to ONEderland

Default Afraid to weigh today

I've been weighing every day. It usually helps to keep me mortivated. But yesterday I ate kind of weirder than usual. I did sort of eat low carb. But I had too many things that for me are "questionable" low carb.

For breakfast I had a breakfast burrito wrap with a low carb tortilla, Then for dinner I had "reduced carb" spaghetti. In between I ate way too much low carb chocolate.

I didn't cheat--exactly. I just had too much in one day of not as low of carbs as I prefer to eat.

I don't think I did any real damage in the long run, but I do know those grains in the tortilla and the reduced carb spaghetti will likely make the scale go up.

Problem is I guess I've finally started to get bored with the choices I keep making in food. High protein has to be kept interesting otherwise after awhile you're too bored with it to continue, but I'm lazy. I don't like always trying new recipes, I just want it simple.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 10:40 AM   #2  
TemporaryFatChick

Quote:
Problem is I guess I've finally started to get bored with the choices I keep making in food. High protein has to be kept interesting otherwise after awhile you're too bored with it to continue, but I'm lazy. I don't like always trying new recipes, I just want it simple.
Ut oh - Danger, Danger Will Robinson!!!
Boredom is the kiss of death for this WOE. Every single person I've met who did Atkins and had great results but didn't stick to it, named boredom as the reason they quit. Now is the time to nip it in the bud! Most people get bored with meat and veggies *yawn* But there is SO MUCH more that you can have that's legal, satisfying, and way yummy! Did you know that you can make your own crackers?
1 c almond flour
1 egg white
1/4 t salt
1/8 t. each garlic and onion powder
Mix ingredients, roll out on greased foil, score with a knife and bake at 325 for 10 minutes

Cheesecake bites for breakfast, dessert or a snack -
1 8 oz. cream cheese
1/4 c. DiVinci's sugar free syrup
1 sm. egg
Mix the cream cheese and syrup till smooth, stir in the egg. Pour into 6 lined muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes. Chill. 1.5 g carbs

Look at www.Netrition.com for tons of legal food and ingredients at reasonable prices (with flat rate shipping, no matter how much you buy). They even have CarbQuick, a bake mix like biscuick that you can make pancakes, biscuits, muffins, etc. with.

This is a healthy, satisfying WOE that really works for weight loss, cholesterol control, glucose control, etc. It really isn't for everyone, and maybe something like weight watchers might be more comfortable for you, but I hope you'll try some new things before you give it up.

I have started and dropped more "diets" than I can begin to list, and my weight has gone up and down (taking my self-esteem with it). I totally understand where you are right now. If you decide that LC isn't for you, PLEASE find a plan to switch to before you stop this one. Sunday = Atkins, Monday = WW don't quit, gain, and THEN decide to try something else, it's not worth the toll it takes on your psyche.

OK... I'm hopping off the soap box...

Tenn
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 10:47 AM   #3  
Going to ONEderland

Oh no no no, I'm certainly not going to decide that "Atkin's is not for me"... I'm too successful on it to make that sort of choice. You are right that boredom is a danger point to be at though. I think it was a one day danger, and that I have it out of my system now. At least I hope so.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:55 AM   #4  
TemporaryFatChick

OK, so maybe I over reacted a tad...
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 12:18 PM   #5  
Going to ONEderland

He he. Ok thanks. You are right though. There is danger in letting it become stale and not interesting any more. For me what is interesting is seeing the scale in the morning. If I start really blowing it and no longer get that positive feedback, then I need to worry.

I did get on the scale and was surprised really. I expected the damage to be much worse, but I was only 1/2 pound up from my recent lowest low, so that wasn't bad at all! Still sometimes those things that resemble grains do tend to make you hold onto water and it can happen within 2 or 3 days after you eat them, so I may still have to see a jump.

Going to ride it out though. I refuse to give up. This WOE is wonderful. Nothing nowhere like it!
Old 02-05-2006, 05:14 PM   #6  
Susan hockeyfan7

Sherry - you may want to check out a website called lowcarbluxury.com -- they have a bunch of recipes and also low carb products. I'm going to try the cheesecake recipe as soon as I get some time. It's no bake.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 08:55 AM   #7  
Baby Steps

carbsense.com also has 0 carb bake mix and recipes. I've used that for making chicken strips (dang, now that sounds YUMMY right now!) and frying them.....and it's GREAT! I've not tried other recipes but now that you mention it....I SHOULD!!!
Thanks for the reminder
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote