PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 01-31-2006, 11:04 PM   #1  

Red face Hello everyone...

I'm a brand-newbie here, and just thought I'd say hi. I'm a 29 year old, diagnosed with PCOS 8 years ago. I've struggled with my weight for years, and have yo-yoed up and down numerous times. I was told I'd never get pregnant, and I now have a beautiful 4-month old son. I only gained 15lb through my pregnancy, but my mobility has been limited as of late: bedrest at the end of the pregnancy, emergency c-section with complications, wound infection, and now battling severe anemia. I'm at my heaviest weight now and my body image is taking a nose dive.

I've got some great girlfriends that I know through work, and I've just recently joined a local gym with them. I hope we can all keep each other motivated and I'm hoping by the time I go back to work after my maternity leave, I'll be happier within my own body. I want to get fit for myself first, and also so that I can enjoy spending time running around with my baby boy.

Looking forward to getting to know y'all.
BabyFit is offline   Reply With Quote