Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 01-22-2006, 02:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default Progress Questions

You'd think that by the time you'd been at this as long as I have, I'd know a little more "fer sure"

I've been back on the bandwagon since between Christmas and New Years'. I've lost 8 lbs or so but my question is about upper body. My arms and shoulders are pretty weak so (as per Mel) I've split into 1. chest and tri's 2. back and bi's and 3. shoulders. So I probably do upper body 2 or 3 times a week.

I think I can feel a difference. My bra band feels different. My upper arms feel firmer, some tighter sleeves feel snug. Maybe it has something to do with starting weights with so little fat for a change??? Could it be because my muscles were so stringy??? Could it be my imagination???

I'd looked forward to good results but this is some quicker than I had anticipated.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 05:18 PM   #2  
Running Wild

not sure of the question, but is it that you think your arms are getting bigger?

i know that my pants and such fit a bit tighter several hours later into the next day. i know this has to do with um, i cant remember what, but the flow into the muscle itself makes you a bit bigger. then the following day i am right back down to the norm.

in other news i had two guys walk up to me at the bar on friday night that simply said "i have to say something. we noticed you from across the bar. you have the most amazing biceps"....my friend laughed at the "pickup line" but i was flattered because i knew the shirt i had on totally complimented all my hard work!
JustJuneBug is offline   Reply With Quote