Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2001, 08:27 AM   #1  

Default Don't you wish every day...

could be as easy as the first day?

Just like the last time I did WW - My first day it was hard to eat enough points! I actually had to eat a sandwich after dinner because I was 5 points under the minimum.

I'll be glad when I get back into a groove and I'm not so terrified of going over my points.

On Wednesday, after my meeting I came home and threw out everything that I knew would be a major tempation. I'm one of those people that if it is in the house, I'll eat it.

Then yesterday (first day on program) I went grocery shopping and stocked up on fruit and veggies. When I got home I washed all the fruit and veggies. Cut up the broccoli and cauliflower into bite-sized pieces and took all the stems off my cherries, picked all the grapes off of the stems ... put them all in clear Rubbermaid containers and put'em in the fridge for easy snacking access!

I just hope this enthusiams stays with me!

Carole
289.6/155
Old 07-13-2001, 10:13 AM   #2  

Smile

Welcome Carole - it sounds as though you are off to a terrific start. Best wishes for success.
Old 07-13-2001, 03:54 PM   #3  
Life Time 2001

Sounds like you are off to a really great start!

Welcome! You will find all kinds of support here!
Old 07-13-2001, 08:03 PM   #4  

Hey there... congrats on taking this very important step - being prepared!

When I first joined WW about 12 weeks ago, I did the same thing after I went to the grocery store. I even went so far as to take large packages of crackers, pretzels, etc and portion out servings in individual ziploc bags - then I wrote the points value on the outside of the bag and put them all in a box in my cupboard. Then, everytime I wanted something that was more of a treat, I had plenty of prepackaged 1,2 and 3 point treats right at hand. If it's already prepared with the points already calculated, all you have to do is grab it when you're hungry, which is much better than grabbing the whole box and eating what you think 'might' be a serving.

When you get rid of the guess work, it's so much easier!

Christine
Old 07-13-2001, 08:27 PM   #5  

CAROLE - know what you mean about the first day. I try to make every week the first day of the rest of my program. I also review the cabinets and still find things outdated or not part of my life anymore. I am now getting lots of great stuff out of my garden, the neighbors' gardens or the farmer's market.

Keep up the energy, save the post for a rainy day.

Liza
Closed Thread