Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 12-31-2005, 12:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Pregnant Exercisers-come on in!

Hello,
I wanted to start a thread where pregnant women here at 3FC can post about exercise, and post what they are doing, and when. I currently am using the treadmill, belly dancing, and practicing prenatal yoga, and prenatal Pilates.

Aphil
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 05:41 PM   #2  
Running Babe

I am using a elliptical and want to get consistent with light weight training! I am also researching some prenatal yoga classes in my area!

Cheers!

Ali
Sweater Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 09:00 PM   #3  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

I am afraid to be at the gym alone. I know it sounds silly but I just get scared that I'm going to get overheated or fall or something. I did get sick there once around 24 weeks or so, and I think that has scared me. I have done some workout tapes at home. My mom got me a prenatal yoga video but it's creepy! I just have done some low-impact (non-preg) tapes I had from years ago.

I am absolutely pooped from normal daily activities suddenly. I wish I could exercise more. Then my bleeding scare earlier this week has me even more frightened to do anything strenuous. I don't want to have such a terrible time after this birth as I did with my first (had been on bed rest 2 months), but I'm having a hard time finding a balance.
HoosierHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 11:35 AM   #4  

I really recommend the Crunch Yoga Mama video for those interested in doing a prenatal yoga routine. It is nice, there are expecting moms of different ages and sizes (from about a size 4 to about a size 18) and the instructor is really good. There are modifications as well for different levels and trimesters.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:08 PM   #5  

I am 10 weeks and I am still running as well as doing light weights. I have had a really rough month in December though so there wasn't much exercising going on. I did do The Resolution Run on December 31st however. It was 8K which is the longest distance I have run so far. I only started running in June of 2005. I hope to keep running as long as I can.

Ida
mommy2aliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 03:20 AM   #6  

I do 2 mins at a time on my new stationary exercise bike but want to do swimming.
I am just so tired all the time at the moment, I also have joint aches and feel really heavy..its hard to find the motivation to do anything!
I am trying though
Ocean Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 02:25 PM   #7  

I have been doing a rotation of this:

Monday-light strength training: Quick Fix Prenatal Workout
Tuesday-Crunch Yoga Mama dvd or walking on treadmill
Wednesday-light strength: Quick Fix Prenatal Workout + dance rehearsal in the evening
Thursday-Crunch Yoga Mama or walking on treadmill
Friday-light strength " "
Saturday and Sunday-walking or dancing (if we have a performance.)
Old 02-03-2006, 06:14 PM   #8  
New mom to be

Hi all!! I just found out this past Monday that I am pregnant! I have still been going to Curves 3x a week and on the other day I either take a walk or do my Shiva Rea prenatal yoga DVD. Yesterday I went to Curves and today I did the DVD. Tomorrow I can't get to Curves before they close so I plan on taking a walk. Got to keep moving! I don't want to gain too much weight! Well, all.

I hope to only gain 25lbs:

Dieting on hold til baby is born!!
sassybrat25 is offline   Reply With Quote