Old 11-13-2005, 09:39 AM   #1  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Default Week of~~November 13~~

Good Morning!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. We had a great day yesterday. We finally made it up to the state park we've been trying to get too all fall! We missed the fall colors but had a wonderful time anyhow! Alex really loved playing in the woods/hiking the trail.

I'm seeing a lazy day in our future for today!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 04:15 PM   #2  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone.

I hope you are having a good weekend. Just checking in today since it was my WI day. I am down 4 lbs. I am know 205. 6 more pounds and I will be under 200 since 1992. I'm very happy. Maybe something good is happening finally. Yeah
AnnieFannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 04:32 PM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Umm, OK, I know I posted earlier! Oh well. I didn't have much to say anyway. Hope everyone's having a great weekend!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 09:51 PM   #4  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Hope that everyone had a beautiful weekend ...

Karen - Your Hike sounds like so much fun ... We have to follow your lead and take the kids out and enjoy the beautiful Fall weather next weekend ... thanks for the idea

Annie - CONGRATULATIONS on your loss !!!

Lauren - You enjoying your new job ?
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 04:48 PM   #5  
Working on Weight loss!!!

I am back again and starting at the beginning..I have had alot of "issues" with step kids and DH and now back to me..I thought my gain would be alot more since I have not excercised or watched intake for the last 5-6 weeks and back at exactly the same as when I started for the second time..THis time, I am going all the way!!!
I just finished my treadmill and have been OP all day!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 08:00 PM   #6  

hi all.

Life has just been so crazy lately and I do not seeing it slowing down anytime soon... Hard to have enough hours in the day. I have been getting up about 1/2 hour later to work out and I think that is messing me up. Must go back to the old schedule.

3 different friends and I decided not to exchange Christmas gifts this year - woohoo! If I keep crossing people off my list this fast, I will be done shopping in no time.

Annie - congrats on the loss!

Karen - dh and I love to go hiking.

RR - hope you are getting your issues worked out. Sometimes that can put everything off kilter. Hang in there.

Rabbit
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 05:36 AM   #7  

WOW..quiet here this week!! I guess everyone is out excercising !!!
Day 3---no slips yet!!!
RR
Old 11-16-2005, 09:28 AM   #8  
LBH

Hi All,

Just hopping on real quick. Can't get on to post too much at work, but trying to read when I can. Job is going good. I'm getting nervous though, because I only have a week left of training and the girl is supposed to write me up a bunch of detailed notes, but I don't think she has yet. At least there's lots of people around to bail me out if I get stuck.

Diet is going so-so. Unfortunately there's food everywhere, everyday here. LC's are on sale at Pathmark this week, so I bought a bunch last night. Better than spending 7-10 bucks on lunch in the cafeteria everyday. I also discovered they have homemade oatmeal in the AM, so I got some...soo much better than the packets! They have raisins and granola and brown sugar for toppings. I took a little of everything. Just have to have a little sugar in it. I'll probably buy a small salad or soup to go with my lunch, because those darn LC's aren't enough. Normally I pack extra veggies, since they barely give you any, if at all. Didn't have time this AM.

Anyway, gotta get back to work...
Old 11-16-2005, 10:44 AM   #9  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

Morning all.

Lauren - Glad to hear the job is going well. I am anxious to get back into the workforce and start working. It's been about 3 months since I've worked and I can say that I actually miss it.

RR - Congrats on no slip ups. Keep up the good work.

Rabbit - I hope things can slow down for you soon.

I've been busy trying to coordinate a move back to Iowa by the end of the month. So I haven't had much time to think about eating and exercise. I am going to be happy to just maintain my weight while we go through the move and transition of living with my parents. I found a job opening that I am going to apply for. I am hoping that I can get it. That would be nice to move and have a job when I get there. From the sounds of it, it's a day job so I like that. DH will definitely be out looking for work because he isn't going to want to live with my family for too long. He is going to want to be in a place of our own. Thank goodness the rent out there is pretty cheap.

I just want to get settled and try to be able to have a nice Christmas. To be with family is going to be the best gift for me.

I'll know more tonight when I talk to my father. I believe my brother is driving dad's truck out and we are going to load it with whatever fits and the rest will have to be dumped or given to the Salvation Army. I am hoping to stuff and stuff to take everything possible. We are going to have a baren apartment for awhile. But that's ok. We will be together and have a roof over our heads. That's the most important thing right now. Well, wish me luck. I am going to need it.

Have a great day all.
AnnieFannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 11:24 AM   #10  
LBH

Annie, it sure will be nice to be home for Christmas! I hope you and DH find jobs quickly. Tell me what you do again? Have you guys been checking monster.com? How far of a drive is it from VT to IA? Pack creatively! You can use washclothes from plate separators, or to wrap little doo dads in. How big of a truck is he bringing? I hope you're not too attached to anything you can't fit! Can you box up your clothes and ship them UPS a week or so before? Just keep out a few pairs of sweats and necessaties? That will give you more room. Hang a sign or place an ad and sell anything that's worth more than Salvation Army. Geez, I talk like I'm a pro at this...
Old 11-16-2005, 12:24 PM   #11  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello everyone,

OK, I have an announcement! I'm pregnant! I am so uber excited! We tried for over a year and a half and had no luck until I lost 10 pounds! I don't know if it's related or not, but I think it must be. Anyhow, I'm around 8 weeks. The doc can't get a clear enough sonogram to get an exact measurement. We've tried twice. I have to go next week for a more powerful sonogram at a radiology place. I did get to see the baby's heartbeat today tho! I have been very nervous for the last 6 weeks. I was so nervous today I almost shook myself off the table waiting for him to come in. Seeing that little blinking heartbeat lifted a load off of my heart. I will be due around the end of June/first of July. I will have a definite due date next week.

So, I am concentrating on eating healthily and not so much on loosing weight for the next eight or nine months! (Although, according to the doctor's scale I was down a pound.)

Lauren: I'm glad to hear that the job seems to be working out! Yikes on the food! It's so hard to resist the stuff that's sitting there waiting to be eaten. Whoa, the cafeteria seems expensive! I stocked up on frozen dinners for DH to take to work. Now, if he would just remember to take them!

RR: Yeah for 3 days on program! I'm glad that things are getting better for you.

Rabbit: Hope things aren't too crazy! Are you still working for the same store? I know you used to be away alot opening stores. We only do gifts for the kids in our families and it makes it a lot easier on us. Although we do have three new babies this year.

Annie: Good luck on the move and finding a job. Hope it goes quickly for you.

OK, I'm starving so I'm off to find lunch for us!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 12:37 PM   #12  
LBH

Congrats Karen!!!!!!
Old 11-16-2005, 04:40 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Congratulations Karen!!!! That is great news!!!! Oh I am soo excited for you.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 08:51 PM   #14  

Congrats Karen
RR
Old 11-16-2005, 09:59 PM   #15  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Congratulations Karen !!!
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote