South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 05:42 AM   #1  
Who needs sleep?

Default Monday Madness - Daily Chat - October 24

I thought I'd get the ball rolling before I head off for a couple-few well-earned hours of sleep!

I finally decided on my topic for my discussion paper on Chaucer for tomorrow, so I've been up all hours working on it; it's about half done now. I'm writing about the monk, the friar and the parson (with a bit about the summoner and the pardoner as well) and comparing them to the overall state of the church in the 14th century. We should get some interesting discussions from that!

Then I have to revise an essay for my expository writing class - that one's on (drum roll, please) - The SBD! It's supposed to be an informative essay. It's funny - besides my paper, 2 others in my editing groups wrote essays on obesity. It was like deja vu all over again! I've gotten some positive feedback from people who didn't know what it was all about until they read my paper.

That's about it for now here. DH is busy with his work and school, too, as well as still looking for a higher-paying job in his "spare time" (hah!). DS is growing like a weed - a very cute, lively little weed. I just gave him his first haircut a few days ago - wow! Now he looks like a little boy instead of a baby! <snif>

How are all the Southern/East Coastal chicks holding up in the bad, bad weather? I have a cousin in Florida, just south of Tampa Bay - I'm worried for her.

Last edited by H-ko; 10-24-2005 at 05:44 AM. Reason: typo
Old 10-24-2005, 07:08 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, chicks~~

I'm absolutely ALONE in the house. Can't believe it!! Well, except for the fur babies.

Didn't do a whole lot yesterday. Did some spinning. Bought a pair of shoes. Ate some soup. Did some laundry. The cobbler is going to have to wait. We found out a bookstore where we have about $25 in credit has filed for bankruptcy and will be closing. We need to get in there tonight and get some books while we still have a chance.

Heather...Good luck on your papers. I remember back in school I dreaded those papers because they only gave us a short number of pages to say what we had to say. I'm so long-winded (and opinionated!), I could have rambled on and on!

Well, guess I'd better get showered and dressed. Hope you all have a great day on the Beach!
Old 10-24-2005, 07:48 AM   #3  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Hey chicks!! It's freezing this morning!!! I haven't turned on my central heat yet but I do have an portable internal oil heater that I just turned on a few minutes ago. I was wanting cold weather but why does it have to go from hot to freezing overnight?? Don't we get anything inbetween?? Brrrr!!

I made a delicious stew last night with chicken, italian veggies, chickpeas, a little turkey sausage, tomatoes.....lots of good stuff. I also added 1/4 C of white wine to it. It gave it an interesting flavor. Over 4 servings that's only one T each so I think that should be OK. Tonight it's mediterannean crusted salmon w/ mashed cauliflower and broccoli. Not sure whats for lunch but b'fast will be a protein shake. What's on your menu's??

Heather: Good luck with all your writing. I'm not a huge fan of writing. Science writing is what I'm used to. It's hard for me to write argument papers or comparison papers. I have to write a paper on micro vs. macro evolution for my class and right now I'm just doing the research but don't look forward to actually having to sit down and put fingers to the keyboard. I'm sure you'll do great.

Mama: Isn't it nice to just be alone sometimes?? I love it. Have fun book shopping.

Have a great day, chicks!!
Old 10-24-2005, 07:49 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Mamacita, I just had soup for breakfast - yummy pea soup with turkey bacon bits in it! I'm alone too except for fur babies. Know what? I like being alone!

Heather, I can so relate to your having to get those papers done and I know you will. I always found that the task expanded to fit the time available so I always left assignments to the last minutes - and got them done! "Works well ONLY under pressure"!

It's another rainy and gloomy day with lots of muddy paws. Lucy was very cuddly last night but there was no whimpering. She is her "normal" self today and even ate breakfast - first meal in two days! Of course it was eggs and turkey bacon. I hope she's not going back to her "Make me something special" mode!

At 12:40 I have a dentist appointment for a cleaning and may discuss some sort of mouth guard. I seem to be clenching and maybe grinding my teeth in my sleep. I hope not but we'll see. I have a long list of phone calls to make this morning including one to my periodontist to cancel some gum surgery which happens to fall on the day before my knee procedure! No sense in having extra crud happening!

But first another coffee and a cruise of the Forums!
Old 10-24-2005, 07:56 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Pearshape, that stew sounds great! I may make something similar later today. It sounds like you are feeling better. Try not to sniff any strange mushrooms!
Old 10-24-2005, 08:43 AM   #6  

I did it!! I did it!! I did it!! I did it!! I did it!! I did it!! I did it!! I did it!! I did it!! I did it!! I did it!! I did it!! I did it!!

I had a completely OP SB day. I had an OP for the fist time since...well.... last spring!!!!!!!!!!!

H-KO- I dont envy your tasks. I enjoy writying but on my terms not under pressure.
Mamacita~ I adore being alone. I lived that way for 15 years before marriage and kids. Enjoy every second.Your day sounded nice. happy book shopping.
Ruth~we are not getting the forcast rain at all so far. I too have a bazillion calls to make today. Hugs!!!!!! Good luck with all your stuff.
Pearshape~ the stew sounds yummy.

Daily Journal
1.My renewal statement for the day. I CAN do it!!!!
2. Weekly weight.~ hovering on the low side of 230, possibly 229....I need to buy a better scale
3. Exercise-type, how long, what level.~ Serious heavy yard work. It was FAB!!! 2.5 hours. I wish I could do it every day. my heart is out there.
4. % fat, carbs, protein.
5. # meals and snacks.~2 meals 3 snacks
6.# fruits, # of veg.~ 5 cups veg!!!!
7. How many glasses of water.~ lots
8. Time of last food intake, time I went to bed.~9pm, bed at 11pm
9. Why and when I ate due to stress or emotions.~ did not!!!!!
10.General feelings about food, exercise, life.~ groovy!!!
11. Any really good events or feelings today.~ YUP! Kids have a lingering cold. I went to church alone. It was peaceful. Had some good convo without someone hanging off my clothes. Gardened for 2.5 hours. Picked a satelite receiver for our old TV for upstairs.Finally found some LF ricotta. I idd buy splenda( EW!!!!) . I would rather use no sugar at all.Tidied up, delivered some Avon. Watched to tube, went to bed ,slept for 7.5 hours!!
12. Overall, how did the day go.~ very nice. Peaceful. Harmonious.
13. How can I improve for tomorrow. I cant !! I will stay on the wave.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:44 AM   #7  
beachbum

Hi Chicks

A busy wash day ahead,as I have to make this quick,as we waiting for Hurricane Wilma striking the Cape tomorrow with heavy rains & winds that will be over 50 miles a hiour just like the blizzard of 2005..The power line might go down.Going to do a little extra cooking, just in case.

Pearshape-You still wish you were in Cape Cod, along with the peaceful environment we also get the storms.This one is going to be a beaut.Not freezing here we're going to be in the 50's today.Your menu sounds yummmy, when do you want us over.

H-KO- Essay on the Beach Thats one subject I would never thing of writing an essay on.

Mamacita-Have agreat time picking out the book you want.Hope you find them,with the 25 dollar credit.

Ruth-Happy to hear little Lucy is back to her old self again, Gee!! the was a worry.I have a denist appointment tomorrrow for teeth cleaning also,but with this Wilma coming our way I going to cancel for next week.

Holly-Have a great day

Well!! Have a nice day Hope my computer will be on for tommorrw chat Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 10-24-2005 at 08:47 AM.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:08 AM   #8  

BRRRRRR... FALL Finally comes to Nerth Caroliner!!! It's gonna be in the low 60's all week!

HKO: both papers sound verrrrry interesting indeed!
HH: Congrats on your first official OP Day!
Mama: How was Asheville and your yarn show?
Pearsy: You're a regular Julia Child !
Ruth: Glad to hear you're gonna get that knee fixed!
BB: We're batten'n down the hatches here too...but we're just getting some rain no real wind expected...Cape CAD is a BEAUTIFUL place!!!

DH let the girls out in the back this morn and forgot to wipe their paws down... I have puppy prints all thru out the house! I guess I gotta shampoo the carpet ..again! Time for some cawfee! Have a wonderful day all!!!
Old 10-24-2005, 09:54 AM   #9  
My inspiration!

S/C/G: 288/288/150

Height: 5'4"

I just wanted to pop in and say hello and I'm here! Things are HECTC at the office today! I will try to come back later to report more!

Lauren
Old 10-24-2005, 10:01 AM   #10  
Kyemom

Hello girls!!!!!!!!!!!!! How is everyone today??? One more week of football for DS..I can't wait to have my life back..lol....FYI for anyone who is intrested...a few of you have asked me to post a paper that I wrote inmy English comp class...so I posted it today under the books thread....Anyway....no lose this weekend for me...so one more week to hit my monthly goal ...how is everyone else doing with their goal????
Old 10-24-2005, 10:48 AM   #11  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies! Hope everyone had a great weekend. I am back on Phase I for this last CHILLY week of October. We went from being in the 80's last week to having it frost last night!!! Only 38F when I left this morning and a high of 52. What happened to fall?? Crazy weather in the south!

Threw back the coffee this morning at work--could have used a direct shot to the veins I think! Spent the weekend cooking, cleaning, and a little bit of shopping--my hubby's birthday is this Saturday. I also have a dentist appt on Wednesday--how funny is that? Everyone on the same schedule. I almost forgot about it until y'all started talking about them! Blech, hate the dentist, but it's only twice a year, thank goodness! Gotta keep my pearly whites shiny!

I think today will be a nice day! I have book club tonight which is fun. I love Chaucer--I was an English major in college. Read it in the Middle English. My favorite professor specialized in Middle Ages so we got a lot of that! Would love to read your essays.

Hope everyone has a happy day--I am imagining that WARM beach towel while looking at the cloudy day outside!

Jessie
Old 10-24-2005, 10:59 AM   #12  

Wink Good Morning!

It's getting closer. I'm beginning to learn the language of the beach, and your names are looking more familiar all the time.
Thought I had a haircut appt. this morning, but when I looked at the calendar, found out it's next week instead. Thank goodness. That gives me a little breathing room this morning. Now I only have Kid's Hope to do this noon, and then an eye Dr. appointment later this afternoon. More looking at the calendar and discovered we have a travelogue to go to tonight, so that means something quick and easy for supper. Tomorrow the rat race begins all over again.

Mamacita***I love being alone, but sure don't want anything permanent yet. Enjoy your time.

Heather***Your paper on SB sounded interesting. I'm sure it will be well received.

Pearshape***That stew sounded good. I may make that soon. DH and I like much the same stuff, and he would eat this.

Ruth***I had the dental appt. last week, now my teeth are "squeaky" clean again. I don't mind going, and we do have dental insurance, it all helps.

HollyHock***Congratulations on the OP day. I've had several, but you want to remember I've been doing this for only 2 weeks.

beachbum***Hope you'll be able to keep your power, 50mph winds can't be fun, and losing power certainly isn't!

Schatzi***Carpet cleaning is not a fun task. We don't have pets, so it does stay cleaner, although I should have it done professionally instead of the spot cleaning I do.

Kyemom***I didn't dare get weighed this morning. I've been on Phase 1 for 2 weeks today, but....will wait till later in the week to do that. I'm staying on Phase 1 for at least one more week.

Ladies, I had to take notes to remember names and what you all talked about. How bad is that??? LOL I couldn't think of a better way, so did that. You've all known each other for quite some time, I'm just learning the names etc. Thanks for your kind welcomes......GrannySmith
Old 10-24-2005, 11:10 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 223/193/123

Height: 5'0"

Mornin' lovely ladies! Sorry I have been MIA for a few days. We ended up going to my moms over the weekend and the end of last week was busy with the kiddies and housework. Got home last night and actually got some good rest. Last week Logan finally got his first tooth!! I thought it would never pop through . Between him teething and his big brother being extra clingy I have not had much time to myself. It was nice to have moms help over the weekend. Unfortunately at grandma's house there is every possible bad food temptation that you can think of and I was bad . I felt very pms-ie and kind of down because of my lack of progress and indulged. Well, after it being gone 16 month aunt flow is finally back . Maybe having my TOM back will help even out my hormones though and get me back on track to feeling good. Could be a mixed blessing I guess. I did have one bright spot this morning -- all that bad food didn't change the scale. No gain is an amazing feat after those chocolate chip cookies I was eating! I am back to OP today and will be mostly ph1 for a bit. we'll see how the week goes.

Hugs-n-Love to you all!!! to those new ladies that I have not gotten to say hi to yet!!
Old 10-24-2005, 11:16 AM   #14  
gotta lose it!

Hello everyone...quick drive by - I'm in the middle of exercising & doing laundry....multi tasker!! Have a great OP day!!
Old 10-24-2005, 11:18 AM   #15  
Keeper of the Cheerios

S/C/G: 218/209/170

Height: 5'4

I just wanted to stop by and say hi. I haven't been around in a while again but I try to come by every so often to read posts and see how things are going. I will drop by again when I can.

Have a great day on the beach!!
Closed Thread