South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 07:44 AM   #1  

Default *~*Weekend Chat on the Beach 1&2*~*

Hi everyone.. sorry I haven't been around too much lately... we aren't pregnant but my cycle hasn't returned, so perhaps my PCOS is rearing its ugly head again It has been a bit of a wakeup call...

Today my husband and I bought some mountain bikes and also a kiddie trailer for our daughter. We had the best fun this afternoon shooting around in it.. I have her trailer hitched to my bike.. and it sure adds a bit on the hills My daughter thought is was hilarous to start yelling out "go faster mamma" whenever I slowed down.. cheekypuss she is

So I ended up doing 100 minutes of exercise which I am happy with today.. and tomorrow we are driving down to the bay with the bikes to ride along the foreshore.. which will add loads more... hope my poor old legs can keep up the pace

Well I need to go to bed after such a big day.. I hope that your weekend on the beach is lovely.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:20 AM   #2  

Hey Marianna! I was initially confused by the time references in your post and wondered why you logged your weight in kgs. THEN saw from wence you hail. ahhhhh, the coffee finally kicked in! G'day and very nice to meet you! Thanks for hanging with us yanks!

Well gang...here goes my first day of Phase 1! I'm psyched and have this group to thank! So nice to not go it alone.

I weighed in and updated my tracker accordingly

My goal is -7 and I've posted my menu for today on the new thread called Post Your Menus Here. Today will be busy with boys HS Soccer Tournie men crawling all over my house working on our new addition and working on a 3-day training I'm instructing at the end of October FOCUS girl, FOCUS!!

I'll be with you all in spirit today as we collectively regroup and resize!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE LET'S TRY TO SEE LESS OF EACH OTHER NEXT MONTH!!!

Later beauties!
Old 10-01-2005, 08:26 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good night, Marianna! We "Northerners" are moving into our Saturday so try to keep the zzzzzing down, OK?

It's a beautiful cool day this morning and a flock of geese just flew over on their way South! I am definitely going to have to replace my digital camera because fall is starting to unfold - a beautiful but sad season.

My heat and hot water are just wonderful! There is wallboard to be done on Monday morning but things are back to semi-normal. I'm going to throw a laundry in this afternoon. I wash mainly with cold water but am way behind as the washer and dryer are in the kitchen which has been somewhat out of order this past ten days!

Right now I need to finish the Church Bulletin and then toddle off to Staples in Brockville to get ink and paper. Too bad I couldn't do it during the week as Saturday shopping is a zoo even in a little burg like B'ville. Tonight I am going to a neighbourhood BBQ for Wade, Joanne's man, who just turned 40 and looks 15! Maybe I'll have a new camera and can get some shots - he's a real babyface!

What's happening with you this weekend?
Old 10-01-2005, 08:31 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

'Morning, Taramoon. We were posting at the same time. Regroup and resize sounds like exactly what we are doing! I'll be Phase I starting tomorrow - need to do a bit of stocking up today when in town - salad stuff mainly but also some asparagus and salmon. I'll add your -7 pounds to the October weightloss target post when I do the next update. (I guess I'd better set myself a target too!)

Now, Ruthie, quit procrastinating and finish that frassing Church bulletin!
Old 10-01-2005, 08:33 AM   #5  

84 Days

16 Hours

46 Minutes ...til Chrismas!!!

I am thinking of putting an Avon booth in the town Market. The are moving it inside Ye Olde Town Hall for the winter.
I got tired yesterday and didn't do much in the aft. DD went to a Bday party and I took DS to a friends and then called DH and told him to stay in the city! A couple of hours to myself. I took DD to gymnastics and did a mad dash for some lf cheese and raw almonds.

I have an ahem, ahem cough. Last year at the fair I was fevered and shaking. Gotta love 3 weeks after back to school. Everyone gets snotty. Germ sharing angels!!

Having a relaxing Sat morning. I picked up ceiling fixtures for the living room for $5 for 2 at the thrift shop. The old ones were crumbling, literally. 20 year old fake metal and glass, cheap, and ugly.These are old fashioned countryish, almost tacky but I love them, painted glass.
Going to the fair at noonish. DS has hockey practise from 6-8. I might go for a walk and deliver Avon books with DD.
I am going to make and can salsa tomorrow after church.

I am aiming for a OP phase 1 day.

hugs!!!!
Old 10-01-2005, 08:59 AM   #6  

WHEEEEEEE It's SABADO GIGANTE all you Chickaritas and Henoras!!!
Had to catch up on yesterday's posts...let's seee....first:

Marianna: Welcome back dear! You're gonna get such toned legs with biking and luggin that wagon around! Excellente on the Exercizing!!!

Taramoon:
CONGRATS ON YOUR FIRST DAY OF PH1!!!!I'll be joining ya'll tomorrow..(if we can get Ruth to Mooooove or Rooooollllover to make room for my towel!)

Pearsy:
A NEW CAR!! How exciting..Hmmpf, you don't need no stinkin man to help buy a car! Congrats on your first non-testosterone major purchase..and good luck mi amiga with the amigo... A Fair right under yer nose??? I think that that would be so much fun..just for the week of course...but I can see how gettin the car towed would put a damper on it! See ya on PH1 Beach on monday!

HollyHock: You are doing great! Look how much you've learned already about your eating patterns..knowing is half the battle!

Tammy: Awwww, and cut yer self a break darlin..One slice is just one bad choice... BACK TO THE BEACH !!!!

SweetTea: and an AWwww, for you tooo... I felt downright HUGGED! I think you all are AWESOME tooooo!..WOW, Your coming over to the Phase 1 beach too? YiPPPPeeeee..I'll save ya a spot!

RNMOM: IDEEEEEHOOOO? I live in my own Idaho dahlink! Wow you are doing so great..just checking out that ticker of yours, you'll be at goal in no time!

Soon: How's my little patient today? Feeling better I hope...

Barb: Oh you are probably busy already this morn with laminating your oak tree, or branches.. Sounds like a big job -hope your team member got you his stuff to you on time... Cutting it close to the wire!!!

W2Wabikini: CONGRATS ON GETTIN THAT SCALE TO GO NORTH!!!!!

Me: Last night we went to the neighborhood pub to watch the Red Sox /Yankee game and have dinner... (A large tossed salad and 7 Bean Soup for me!)..Today, we're going to go to the IMAX theater to see Walking on the Moon..and explore a bit... But..... RNMOM: STAT STAT CODE BLUE ...
HAIR ALERT...the on going hair repair saga continues....
Can you believe I think this perm already fell out!!!! SH*T on a Stick and call it dinner!!!!....I didn't wash it till yesterday.. no curl, no real body! WTF!!!! I dunno, I really sweated up a storm shampooing the couches, etc..OMG, I think to myself, this couch must be filthy! All I could smell was punky feet... well IT'S THIS PERM!!!!! I was in the shower...smelling punky feet.. and I sniff my hair and WHAT!!!! Hmmpf... now I don't know why this perm didn't take and can I get it redone??? What to do...sigh...
Old 10-01-2005, 10:19 AM   #7  
gotta lose it!

Good morning everyone!!!
I'm feeling a little better...I have the weekend off. I'm planning on staying in my pj until late afternoon! I have a scrapbook to finish (which if I buy anymore supplies for scrapbook DBF will hit me with a wet noodle!) And I have to watch my dear Buckeyes today!! DBF & I are also joining his family for dinner tonight....his dad has no work in MI, so he's going to New Orleans for 8 weeks (or more!) for work. Hopefully I behave!!

Ruth - Enjoy yourself at the BBQ!!
Marianne - good night!
Taramoon - welcome!
Schatzi - I tried to leave work early yesterday....I was spreading my germs everywhere...my boss even made a comment about how bad I looked, but in the same breathe she stated she was leaving early (so I couldn't leave early!) Hope the hair will behave itself for you. Enjoy the theater!!
I'm off to read some more threads...have a great weekend!!
Old 10-01-2005, 10:24 AM   #8  
gotta lose it!

New avatar....Kloe's second b-day!
Old 10-01-2005, 10:42 AM   #9  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Ok, I'm down 3 lbs!! the 2 I gained recently plus one more! My scale read 206 this morning. YES!! I'm not changing my ticker until I finish a week of P1 that starts tomorrow. You gals have no idea how much the aroma of fair food, which I adore, tempted me yesterday. It drifted in through the windows all day long yesterday. The main food section is set up 1/2 a block away from me...arrghhh!! But I resisted and was rewared by the scale gods this morning.

Ok, off the walk the dog, then check out the fair later...strategically avoiding the main food section!! Have a great day ladies.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:09 AM   #10  
gotta lose it!

I'm such an airhead....I tried calling a friend for some supplements & ended up calling my boss's boss....eekk!! I apologized...she probably thinks I'm a dumby....I can't believe I did that!!!
Old 10-01-2005, 02:17 PM   #11  
RNMOM

Default hiya

I'm sitting at my son's 'puter taking a break from fence building and yard work. It's a warm day in this State. Didn't do good for breakfast this morning, it's really hard to be phase one out of my own element, but we leave later today to go home so I'm not freaking out. The water here is yucky too so I'm having to force myself to drink.

Marianna, the bike sounds like a great thing, your legs will be so ripped!

Taramoon, sounds like you're ready for the phirst phase! You'll do great, hang on for day 3-5 though (anyway they are tough for me). Drink water, water, water!!!!

Ruth, honey I'm glad your life is getting back to semi-normal.....yes hot water is the greatest thing!

Hollyhock, you could have gone all day without mentioning how soon Christmas is going to be here.

Schatzi, I'm thinking you weren't meant to have hair! Call the salllon and ask for Sven and tell the little dahling that you need to have your hair examined STAT. They usually garantee their stuff so don't despair.....yet. If ya'll need to come to Ideehhooo then I'll see what I can do.

soon2b, I love scrapbooking! That is such a passion, but I've put everything away until this semester is over so I don't ignore the homework. You should post some of your stuff so I can drool over your pages.

pearshape! way to have willpower!!! phair phood is soooo bad phor phase one! Congrats on the loss of poundage!

Well, ladies back to the grind! Gotta get busy! Hugs to all!
Old 10-01-2005, 02:36 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Hi again! I made it to Staples and did buy a new digital. However, I promised myself I'd do the darn bulletin and it's printing now - complete with display telling me the ink will run out soon! My timing was perfect! Once this printing is done, I'll see if I can set it up so I can use it.

I bought some chrysanthemums in pots when I was in town - two are for the Church, two are for the Fair Hall and two are for me! I may get them planted in the containers this afternoon before I need to tiddle up for the BBQ. I don't particularly want to go but my new motto is to never miss an opportunity so I'll go. Joanne's Dad will be there so I won't be the only "old fart". He's a forensic veterinarian (retired) so could be interesting.

Oh crap! The count was wrong on the printer and I just wasted a bunch of paper. Back to the grindstone!
Old 10-01-2005, 02:54 PM   #13  

HI All!

It has been a good Saturday so far. I went to the gym and got some minutes to post. I am loving that DS likes going to the gym kid kare! It is great motivation when asks to go there!

I weighed this morning before working out and am about 1/2 under what my ticker says, but that is so little that I won't count it.

I will be having a totaly OFF PROGRAM dinner to night at the Melting Pot-a fondue restaurant. I better enjoy it tonight b/c tomorrow is Day 1 of Detox/Phase 1. So, look the other way as I am enjoying the chocolate fondue!

I went to the grocery store and got all of my supplies with a 3 year old in tow. He was so good! I'm glad that I had an organized list.

Well, I'm off to straighten the house. I hope everyone is having a sunny weekend.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:39 PM   #14  

Hope it's okay to join you folks on the beach. I'm newbie to the board but I've been on the beach before, I just kept my nose in the book.

I have returned after a 10lb weight gain and not only do I want to lose those found pounds but this time I'm hoping to make it a permanant lifestyle change. I look and feel so much better on this plan. I always feel like such an airhead when it dawns on me that I'm back to skipping meals and consuming carbs, sugar and caffiene.
Thank you all in advance for the great suggestions and recipes on this site. The first time through phase I all I had was the book and riccota!

My weekend has been good so far, baseball with DS and DH, it's stifling hot here so I'm turning down the A/C, putting out the scarecrows and envying those of you north of me. Sunday will be church and maybe some reading.

I did phase I for 16 days and I'm slowly adding some good carbs back I always feel like I'm jumping off a cliff when I leave phase I. After 4 days of phase II I haven't seen any
adverse results, although I was starving yesterday, my fault bad planning. So far the most difficult part has been preparing beach meals and family meals. They still want pasta and potatoes. The good news is that I don't crave it. I walk every day and I'm going to start Shapes next week I need more weight bearing exercise- bad bones.

Good luck to all of you returning to phase I, congrats to those who lost pounds in Sept., and for those at a standstill stay steadfast. Thanks again for letting me post. (I"m really new at this so hope the acronyms are right- who knows what I may be saying)
Old 10-01-2005, 03:51 PM   #15  
Come on Spring!

WELCOME! Of course it's OK to jump in! The more the merrier on The Beach. Yup, the book is good but you sure need more - like the revised Phase I Food list in our FAQ.
Please post often and join in the support giving and getting in this great group!
Closed Thread