Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2001, 09:47 PM   #1  

Unhappy Need some help

Hi all,
Well as some of you might know, i am a lifetime member who has lost 43 pounds but I am struggling. Let me explain... I started maintenance when I reached the high end of my weight(this was not by choice but by the receptionist).but I still wanted to lose more weight. Well, for the present I can't seem to get these last 5 pounds off. [B]THEY DON'T WANT TO BUDGE!!![ Now please understand that I don't want sympathy but I need you guys to help me. I have lately been feeling down. For 4 weeks I can't lose anything. I gain a little then lose then gain. I work out everyday and my leader has suggested adding more points but i wonder if that will have a negative effect on me. I am confused. This maintenance thing is not easy. I don't know whether I should be happy with the present or just figure this out. If you have any ideas I'd gladly appreciate them.

Fran
Old 06-18-2001, 09:31 AM   #2  

I know that everyone says to add more points when you're not losing so your body doesn't think you are starving; but when I hit a snag my doctor told me to go lower - he still believes that the less one eats, the more one loses. Anyway, going to higher points never helped me. You might want to go to the minimum points for a few days and see what happens. I can understand your frustration as I had weeks and weeks when either nothing happened or I lost miniscule amounts. Best of luck to you in getting those last stubborn pounds off.
Old 06-18-2001, 12:21 PM   #3  

bless your heart!your body might be at were it wants to be try going to your dr. and ask if your curant weight is fine for you.it might be time for your body to set the goal not your mind.if it is still in the maintenance range,you should relax and your body lead you. but I can certanly understand your frustration !! also have you tryed the wendys plan? you can find it here on the web site best of luck
Closed Thread