Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 03:04 PM   #1  

Default Staying on CORE at Disneyworld

I will be going to Disneyworld for 5 days and am going to try my best to stay on CORE. If any of you have been on vacation, do you have any tips on sticking to CORE? Thanks in advance!
Old 08-06-2005, 03:14 PM   #2  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Well you're in luck cuz I just got back from Disneyworld last month and it was a blast.

The good news is it is possible to stay close to Core while there if you make careful choices. While fast food abounds, there are still better core-friendly foods you can enjoy. For example at the Magic Kingdom, I thnk in tomorrowland (and other places) we were able to find rotisserie chicken - so you get 1/4 chicken w/carrots and mashed potatoes. Of course the potatoes are probably not as "core" as one would like but still better than fries!

There were also counters serving soups, salads and wraps (next to the line selling burgers, fries, etc). Many of the outdoor kiosks sell fresh fruit - and of course like we were, you will be inhaling water cuz it's so hot there!

We stayed on site (Polynesian resort) and the coffee shop/restaurant also had healthier foods - for breakfast I would get an instant oatmeal, and a fruit salad or cut up pineapple...there are also some cereals that are not too bad! and lf yogurt (none are sf however).

Dinners were also generally eaten at the parks and again in the nicer restaurants it was not a problem eating core-like. If you can may I recommend the Coral Seas restaurant located in the Living Seas pavilion in Epcot (you should reserve in advance if possible). The food was excellent and the "view" (you face a giant underwater aquarium filled with amazing sea life!) is incredible. I had the soy glazed mahi-mahi, on a bed of israeli couscous w/veggies - again probably not strictly core, but pretty good.

The Land pavilion in Epcot also has some good lunch choices with four different counters - some serving chicken, salads, wraps and asian - I had an excellent beef stirfry over basmati rice (of course not brown rice), and it was excellent. Just try to avoid the bakery counter cuz that stuff sure looks amazing! (kids had dessert there!).

I usually did have a cocktail w/dinner, tried one mickey ice cream cone (was too sweet!) but generally stuck to healthier choices. I think all the walking helped (like 15 hours days!) so you should be able to indulge a bit if you choose as you will most probably work it all off anyways!

On the last morning we enjoyed the character breakfast at our hotel - which was a bit of a pigout - as they bring a huge platter of breakfast foods to the table - on a lazy susan no less - and you pick what you want. The platter includes scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, hash browns and the cutest Mickey mouse shaped waffles! I did enjoy it - the waffles esp w/maple syrup - and freshly squeezed orange juice!

I had also packed along some granola bars and cereal bars to take to the park in case we got hungry and nothing suitable was avaiable!

Good luck and have fun!

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 08-06-2005 at 03:18 PM.
Old 08-06-2005, 03:44 PM   #3  

I don't know how to put a link in here, but if you will go to allearsnet.com they have all the menus from every kiosk, counterservice, sitdown restaurant at disney world, all the parks & the hotels. This will help you plan ahead. We went in May the week before I started core. I would say be sure to do Fantasmic at MGM. You can get reserved seating dinner package at the Brown Derby, Mama Melroses or Hollywood & Vine. We did Hollywood & Vine, it is a buffet, but it is way better than your run of the mill buffet and all the desserts are little tiny bite size pieces so if you feel tempted to taste you can easily limit. If you want more info you can email me. We have season passes and I love Disney!
Old 08-09-2005, 09:51 PM   #4  

Thanks for the posts! I'm leaving tomorrow and am looking forward to my vacation.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:25 PM   #5  
focused and aiming

curtis and i were both stressed all day but didn't turn to non-core foods for comfort.
Closed Thread