South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 04:03 PM   #1  

Default Addict

Wow, I just realized... I am a sugar/caffeine addict. I have always been proud of the fact that I don't smoke, drink or do about anything addictive. Today I realize how much I am feeling the need for my daily sugar, my daily chocolate and my daily caffeine. I ate a great lunch just a few hours ago, but I am feeling off center with a little headache and nausea... and I know it is because I have been USED to stuffing myself with chocolate and sugar all day long. Withdrawl? Has anyone else experienced this? How long will it last?
Old 08-04-2005, 04:31 PM   #2  

Lisa - Your funny feeling is quite normal when starting a new eating plan. It's different for everyone but probably will last afew days......
Old 08-04-2005, 04:36 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Definitely detox symptoms! Be sure to include some slow carbs like beans in your plan - and milk too. Whatever you do, don't succumb to those sugar cravings. By the way, caffeine is just fine - Ellis and I couldn't think without it!
Old 08-04-2005, 04:39 PM   #4  

Lisa!

I am right there with you! On day 2 I had a headache that would not go away. I have also been having to go pee every time I turn around!
Old 08-04-2005, 04:49 PM   #5  
Started SBD 1/26/04

I lost 10 pounds in three days on P1 and I spent most of my time peeing. Hang in there the symptoms do go away eventually. Mine lasted about 4-5 days of the first week and then all of a sudden they were gone and I was feeling really good. A little tired but basically really good.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:50 PM   #6  

I hear you! When I was on Atkins my headache and carb cravings never went away. I tried SBD and day #1 was over and I was like wow this is not that hard. I actually havent gotten but 1 headache since starting and I usually get a migraine a week.
Hang in there!
Old 08-04-2005, 06:52 PM   #7  

PS Karla you are doing awesome!
Old 08-05-2005, 08:18 AM   #8  

Thanks all! I hung in there last night. Had a good dinner and one of those fudgesicles you all kept talking about. (and tasted as good as a "real" fudgesicle I thought) I am feeling Much Much better this morning. I told my husband last night that I would stop giving him a hard time about being addicted to tobacco when I was having trouble giving up sugar and chocolate! I could have swore I read non caffeinated diet pops only on Phase I. (which I assumed to mean no caffeine) I will have to go back and see what made me think that. Thanks for all of your support. Reading the boards makes it much easier for me.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:27 AM   #9  

Loserlisa...Caffine can trigger cravings for some people so it is those people who should give it up until their cravings are under control. At least thats what I was told it doesnt effect me so I drink my fully loaded coffee in the morning
Old 08-05-2005, 08:40 AM   #10  

Lisa - If you have the original addition of the book there are a lot of things that have changed in it. That's why we point people to the updated food lists. We keep them updated from the information on the official South Beach web site. I don't know if caffeine used to be totally restricted but I personally would not recommend someone go cold turkey on caffeine when they are already making so many other changes. That is asking for a worse headache!
Old 08-05-2005, 03:46 PM   #11  

I was watching a documentary about drug addicts a few months ago. They filmed this woman going through detox from heroin. I swear that is how I feel on the inside when I first start a diet. Pathetic. I'm embarrassed just thinking about it.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:31 PM   #12  

If your addiction is really that bad you should probably be under a doctor's care, I suppose you are right?
Closed Thread