Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-20-2005, 06:47 AM   #1  

Default New here and trying yet again

I found this site last night on a google search for weight loss support. I am trying this yet again and I really want it to work this time.

I am 4'11" and weight 150 lbs which means I should really loose about 25-30 lbs. I am 43 years old and am finding it more difficult to loose the weight these days b/c I have no motivation to do so.

Yesterday, when talking with a friend I had not seen in some time, he told me his 33 year old brother recently suffered a massive stroke. Major issues: weight, hypertension and diabetes. 3 Years ago my Dad suffered a massive stroke. major issues: weight, hypertension and diabetes. I have the weight and hypertension issue along with cholesterol problems. For some reason this has really shaken me to the core. Hopefully enough to get off my big fat butt and do something this time that sticks. I am unhealthy now and can not keep going on in this vein. I am hoping I can find the kind of support I need here.

I plan on taking some time today and mapping out a plan for myself. I can not do another "diet" or "weight loss program" I always feel like such a failure in the end.

I think I am ready for this. I can not allow myself to continue to gain weight and become more and more unhealthy. My family needs me and I deserve better.

Thanks for listening.
scrappyredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 07:41 AM   #2  

Hi there,

I know what you are saying. I am at the need to try again stage and hopefully this will be my last attempt - as this time I will stick with it. I also have some health issues and really need to take this seriously.

I think you are smart to map out a plan. Any idea what you plan to include in your plan?

I think what is important, is not the past attempts we've had, but that we are now ready to try again.

Good luck.

Nancy
capernan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 07:53 AM   #3  

1 important thing I have got to include in my plan is to eat breakfast at home everyday and to have something healthy for a snack in my desk.

There is a Dunkin Donuts right on my walk into the office and I have been stopping there almost everymorning for the past 2 months and getting a black iced coffee and 2 donuts (well there a special you know)

We have a coffee club in the office so if I just take the elevator instead on walking to DD that will cut out a bunch of caleries.

I am reading Bob Greene's "Get with the Program" so I am still trying to figure out my real plan of attack. For now this is a start.

BTW I just had a bowl of Cherrios. A step in the right direction.
scrappyredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 02:42 PM   #4  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

If you can drop the coffee as well that would be great.
Then you would have absoulty no reason to go into Dunkin.
I used to think I couldnt make it thru my nights with out it since im a midnighter but I have. When I first dropped the caffine there were withdrawls specially since I was also a soda drinker.I havent had a soda in at least two to almost three years now and I dont miss them one bit.
Planning is everything and I suggest you start to journal what you eat so you can see how much of everything you are taking in. From the sauces you use and the drinks and everything. Invest in spices if you dont already have them. they dress up the food without the added calories or fat.
Making changes in what you would normally use to cook with also helps like getting rid of the red meat for the white meat, turkey,chicken,fish not batterd.All the water you can handle of course. It cleans out the system fills you up and keeps you hydrated.
This is a ever changing way of life. And its also a learning exsperiance.
I would read all I can on weight loss and more healthy eating.
The more you know the better you can attack it. Always make sure you getting your exersise in because you can eat healthy all you want with out the exersise its just gravy sort of speak.
Do what you can do and build up you will need to change up routines and challenge yourself. If you really want to do this. Its something that no one or nothing will detour you from. Dont let small set backs derail you, Sometimes they happen. But dont deprive yourself take one meal one day a week and have something you want. Soon you will make healthy choices over that cheat meal.
Take some photos and track your changes you will be amazed.
Take measurements of your body so when the scale is not moving you will see changes other ways. And if you hit a plateau work thru it. They happen and its a normal part of your body adjusting to your new body.
If you can try to incorporate weights in your workouts.
You might not be able to do that at first but its something to build up to.
Do what you can and your body will tell you when its time to step it up.
Congrats on the life style changes you are making and its so much worth it to take this time in your life and add some years later in life.
You dont have to go with just one plan either . You can take several ideas from other plans and work them into what your doing. Do what works for you.
Give it time and let your body make the changes.Dont give up.
Hang in there and give it all you can.
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote