Old 07-11-2005, 08:11 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default Week of July 10th!

Hi All,

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Ours was nice. Nothing in particular, just nice.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 09:04 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

I spent most of my weekend working on homework. I will be soooo glad when summer school is over. I will have four glorious weeks without class, before starting back up again.

Which member is down in LA? Did you get much damage from Dennis? I hope everything and everyone is well.

Well off to do research. (yuck)
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 01:49 PM   #3  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello Everyone,

Just a so-so weekend here. I'm still recovering from the creeping crud. My ears are clear for the first time today. Yeah! I love not feeling like I'm in a bucket.

I took Alex to the park today and he had such a good time. The slides were amazingly hot even tho they are plastic. He cried the first time he went down one, but he wouldn't stop. I guess he learned how to hold his legs up. Then he played in the sprinkler. It looked like a lot of fun. To bad I didn't take my suit!

Lauren. Glad to hear that you had a nice weekend.

Lisa: Homework sucks. How much more school do you have? Do I remember correctly that you will be done next May?
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 08:10 PM   #4  

I have five classes this coming fall semester and five classes in the spring semester, and then I am done! May 20th is commencement.

Karen, I am glad to "hear" that your ears are doing better. I have sensitive ears so I could sempathize (sp?) with you.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:50 PM   #5  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Default Newbie Post

Hi y'all ... I just registered today and thought I would introduce myself ... my name is Norissa, I am 33 years old ... happily married and mother to 3 (bet you would have never guessed that LOL) I hope to be able to get to know some of you. Have a great evening ...
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 10:19 PM   #6  
LBH

Hi Norissa! Welcome to 3FC & 30-Something's!
Old 07-12-2005, 10:23 PM   #7  
Norissa on LAWL

Thanks ...
Old 07-13-2005, 02:57 AM   #8  
LBTEPA

Hi everyone
Welcome Norissa
Glad you are feeling better Karen
Hang in there Lisa, it will all be worth it eventually.
long time no write - been quite busy with work, bub & hub, physio, cooking (I'm really trying to cook more rather than relying on convenience or fast foods which I was getting into the habit of a bit ) and training for this half-marathon WHICH I HAVE DECIDED TO DO (arrgghh I get all nervous even thinking about it) in October (87 days from now but who's counting?) I joined a training group - the coordinator said, oh yes, there are people there of your speed (read, as slow as you LOL) - but he was a big fat liar - everyone was miles faster than me! I felt really embarrassed, but then I decided it wasn't about them, it was about me, me me me hahaha. Everyone was really friendly and encouraging too. Maybe I'll make some new friends? At least I'll know someone on the day
Take care and keep at it
LBTEPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 08:19 AM   #9  
Norissa on LAWL

LBTEPA ... Thanks for the welcome ! and Good Luck with your training !!!
Old 07-13-2005, 08:23 AM   #10  
LBH

LB, good for you! If it makes you feel any better, you're faster than me!
Old 07-13-2005, 08:56 AM   #11  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello Everyone,

Norissa: Welcome! It's great having you with us.

Lisa: Less than a year now! Yeah!! I know how happy you will be to have it all behind you. I remember those days well, except that I had to study for my national exam. It was over a year before I took the exam. Now, once that was over, whew! was I ever done!

LB: Good luck on the training (and making some friends!). And you are way faster than me too!

Lauren: How's things with you? Andy had Alex last night (I had a MOMS night out. It was HEAVEN!) and some of his cousins stopped by. He said that Alex broke one's nose with a head butt! I feel bad, but I also know the cousin is a big time exaggerator, so I really wonder if it's broken. He's hit me super hard (I actually saw stars) and mine isn't broken.

OK, gotta go. Duty calls. Hope everyone is having a super great week and a wonderful day!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 04:50 PM   #12  
SuperWoman

S/C/G: 194/157.5/145

Height: 5'9"

Hello Ladies,

Norissa- Welcome!!! I also have 3 monsters, well maybe just 2, my 3rd child is only 2 months old so he's not quite a monster, yet!!

Karen- glad you're finally feeling better!!! I'm so envious of your night out!!

LBTEPA- Congrats on the half-marathon and the training. Right now I'm doing the couch to 5k program and hope to sign up for a 5k this fall. I'm really, really, slow though. Only about 5.5mph on the treadmill.

The movers came by today to see how much stuff we have and the good news is that they do all of the packing themselves. They even disassemble everything, even our swingset. So, we're pretty happy about that. We just sit back and watch, I guess. Went to the gym this morning and the pool this afternoon so I feel like my house is a mess. I can't remember the last time I spent an entire day home. Tomorrow morning we're going to playgroup and probably back to the pool. So, another day without cleaning, oh well.

I saw that Million dollar baby is on DVD, has anyone seen it? I want to get it, but I feel like I don't have time to really sit down and watch it right now, with everything going on.

Guess I should go and do some dishes, hope everyone has a great week.
alsbttrfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 04:51 PM   #13  
SuperWoman

S/C/G: 194/157.5/145

Height: 5'9"

Oh, and I lost 2 lbs last week, so I'm pretty happy about that. I'm worried about moving back to the states and staying OP. There's so many restaurants that I haven't eaten at in years. Oh, well.
alsbttrfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 06:49 PM   #14  

Hello everybody, and welcome to Norissa. I am Lisa and I am in school (as if you couldn't figure that out.) I have no children or husband.

LB, good luck on your 1/2 marathon, and you are faster than me too. I don't run! at all! I may walk fast if necessary.

Lori, be thankful that you don't have to move or pack anything. Hopefully they don't break anything.

Well off to do some research and studying. -- yuck!!!!
Old 07-13-2005, 06:54 PM   #15  
Norissa on LAWL

Thanks for the warm welcomes y'all !!!

Lori ... How old are your kids (besides the 2 month old ) Mine are 8,5 and 4 ... and are in full blown "monster mode" I am a part time SAHM for now anyway, I babysit for a friend who also has 3 kids, I watch them 3 days a week, she told me yesterday that she would be starting to work full time ASAP Which means no more just "Mom" time for me ... I am having a real hard time with this ! Thanks for listening ...

Lisa ... Studying ... yuck !! But I admire you for going back to school !

Last edited by Mom_of_3_Monsters; 07-14-2005 at 08:44 AM.