WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2001, 11:11 AM   #1  

Talking

HI everyone out there......

I need some ideas to make some very filling low point dinner. Sometimes I get home after eating too much during the day (oops!) and need just something light. Any ideas??

Thanks for your help....

Merri24
236/209/140
Old 05-26-2001, 01:04 PM   #2  

Default Low Point Dinner

If you've had your main meal at lunch time, the best thing you could do would be to have the W W veggie soup. Make up a batch on the weekend and have it available. Try variations by adding a can of cut up tomatoes and Italian seasonings, or once the soup is cooked puree 1/2 of it in the blender and return to the pot.

Keep some Morningstar Soy Crumbies in the freezer. You can always add them to bottled speghetti sauce. I use 1/2 of a pkg to a bottle of sauce. You could use the crumbies to make sloppy joe on low point buns, tacos or add them to chili.

Buy some frozen turkey burgers. Boco Burgers or Gardenburgers for a quick meal with some vegetables. The turkey burgers are also great on top of a salad. Just plan ahead and have some quick items available for those days when you need low points dinners.
Old 05-26-2001, 01:13 PM   #3  

I know what you mean about eating too much during the day and need a low point dinner. I second the post about the WW veggie soup. I like to vary it each time I make it so I don't get bored with it.

When I first started WW one of our leaders gave us a recipe to make a very low point taco salad. You can add whatever you want to it but you can make it as low as 4 points!

lettuce (as much as you want) - 0 pts
tomatoes - 0 pts
1/4 cup shredded ff or low fat cheese - 1 pt (ff) or 2 pt (light)
1/2 cup chili beans - 1 pt (may very depending on the brand) or you can substitute lean ground beef or turkey
salsa - 0 pt
1 serving of Bakes Tostitos, crushed - 2 pts

When I make it I get out a large bowl and fill it with lettuce. I usually make it with the fat free cheese, bakes tostitos and chili beans. For 4 points it's a very low point and filling salad.

Other low point ideas would be boca burgers or other brand of veggie burgers, BLT (using low fat turkey bacon, ff mayo and light bread) with a veggie or salad, low fat bean burritos with ff refried beans and low fat cheese. That's all I can think of for now!

Last edited by agb1; 05-26-2001 at 01:15 PM.
Old 05-26-2001, 01:19 PM   #4  

One of my favorite low point meals is spaghetti squash with tomato sauce. You simply microwave the squash and scrape out the spaghetti-like strands. You can either top with a jarred sauce for just a few points (the squash has 0 points), or I have made sauce from fresh tomatoes and ended up with a completely 0 point meal!
Old 05-27-2001, 11:48 PM   #5  

Here's a recipe for a great half-point chili.

2 cans of stewed tomatoes
1 15oz. can of tomato sauce
1 can of goya small red beans or kidney beans
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 each onion, red pepper, green pepper, zucchini

Sautee the onion, red pepper, green pepper and zucchini in Pam, then add everything else. Cook until its the thickness that you want.

1 cup= 1/2pt.

I also make a few cups of rice and eat 1 cup of chili with 1/2 cup of rice for a very filling 2 1/2 pt. meal.

Enjoy!

Ann
271.8/147.4/141
Old 05-28-2001, 09:53 AM   #6  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Ann,
thanks for the very low point chili recipe. I am definitely going to make it. Sounds wonderful.

234/209/thinner
Old 05-28-2001, 10:31 AM   #7  

You guys have been a HUGE help.... I made the veggie soup yesterday and I think I'm going to make the chili tonight!!! THANKS A MILLION!!!! I hope you guys can keep posting so I have a ton of ideas......

Merri
Closed Thread