Dieting with Obstacles - Fibromyalgia #138

View Full Version : Fibromyalgia #138

MemeToo
04-12-2005, 01:05 PM
Ate up another 5 pages.

I know my hair would be solid white if I stopped coloring it! It started turning white when I was in my 20s. My mom asked me long before she died when I was going to stop coloring my hair and I said when I started getting wrinkles ... that hasn't happened yet.

Another rainy day and I have to go out in it. Waiting on a customer to show up. Then I have to go to town and pick up a BD cake for my FIL. We are celebrating his 87th BD tonight ... made reservations for dinner at a restaurant for 23 people. I dread it ... don't much care for hubby's family ... except his mom and dad. I cut his mom's hair and fixed it ... it looks really good. Her beautician is getting old and really butchered her last time ... then she burned it up with a perm. I got rid of all the friz and parted it on the side ... styled it different for her ... she was thrilled. She's a sweet person.

Well ... hope you girls have a lovely day. I have to get some work done so I can take care of my customer ... then I have to teach piano for an hour, run to town, do the party thing and then maybe I can collapse! Anyone else want a piece of me? :p

Joanne D
04-12-2005, 08:11 PM
Meme- I think my hair would be white if I stopped coloring it. My sisters said why don't I do that.. I asked my hubby and he said'I don't want to go to bed with no old white haired women'. I guess I won't get old if I keep coloring it. :lol: :lol:
I have walked again 3 miles today.. I am so tired tonight. I will stay up to see House. Maybe the end of the CMT awards that I missed last night. I had to see 24..
Hello everybody...Joanne

Tammy
04-12-2005, 09:52 PM
Joanne, you are doing great on the walking!! I'm a size 10 too. NOT! Well, my shoe size is a 10. lol I know what you mean about your daughter taking work along. There are different times we will go places, and I'll be grading papers or working on something in the van. My hubby thinks it's ridiculous, but I have to get it done.

My hair is mixed. Still dark in most places with white in there too. I started getting white hairs my first year of teaching. Oh my!! My son just turned 17. He has very dark hair BUT he has lots of white spread through it. My BIL was completely white when he graduated from high school. I hope Tim's hair doesn't turn completely white too soon.

Meme, enjoy the birthday party for the parents and try to ignore the rest of them.

Well, I need to get off of the computer. Tim needs (?) to call Jessica. LOL

Mima
04-13-2005, 06:10 AM
Good morning. My hair is weird-I am 66 and I only have a little gray in front and I am a brown everywhere else but not a brown I like. So I get frosted. Now I have more gray hair so I am going to try not to get frosted anymore-we will see. Went visiting yesterday-my friend from MA has a beautiful condo. Well, I still love our little double-wide. It's fine for now-hope it is still here next year. American Idol was great last night but I couldn't get a call in for Vonzell. Hope she's not in the bottom 3 again. She's just a nice girl.
Candice-my girlfriend went in the morning and was home in the afternoon walking around when she had her gallbladder out-laproscopic. It's going to rain today a bit but tomorrow we are taking Evan to Ft Myers Beach-And tonight is the church supper. Gotta get my fill of everything I love. We are going to stop in Savannah on the way home-I hear it's beautiful. Bye for now Mima

MemeToo
04-13-2005, 12:57 PM
Well, sold that trailer yesterday and then another one this morning. If I they don't hurry and bring me those two loads they promised this week I'm not gonna have any left to sell. They said they'd be here Fri. night. Told hubby I'll believe it when I see the trucks pull in the driveway.

The BD party was a success. Dinner was good and the cake was so cute. I got a half-sheet secectioned off in plots with rows of 'vegetation' with a John Deere tractor in the middle and a barn and 'iceing hay' on one corner. He has farmed all his life ... and raised black angus cattle. Guess I should have had a cow on there! :D The in-laws all behaved themselves and everyone was civil for once. Hopefully that's the last time we'll have to do that for awhile. I told hubby he owed me ... I always get stuck doing all this stuff. You watch, when his folks die I'll have to make all the arrangements and do all the food and everything. Sometimes I think I have a 'sign' on me or something!!!!!!!

Joanne D
04-13-2005, 07:41 PM
Meme- I have made the funeral arrangements for almost every member of my family and my hubbys who passed away. Except for our mother. My sister Eleni and I did that.
Spent some time in the mall today. Hit the Clinic counter and a couple sales at Penny's.. Got to do that more often...
Hello everybody...Joanne

Mima
04-14-2005, 06:13 AM
Sounds like fun Joanne-and have some more of that this weekend. Had my Walmart haircut yesterday and I have some gray in the front so I am not getting frosted for a while-going to the beach with Evan this morning . And Brad and Jill and hopefully to lunch if Evan behaves. Or sleeps. Preschool minister preached last night and it was awesome! Imagine a minister just for Preschool!! And he has 2 adopted children so he told us about them. I am getting sad because we will miss a lot of this stuff for a while-When I get home, I can sing in the choir for the 50 th anniversary celebration. And work on the Fair-and volunteer at Hope House. And see Auntie. And the kids. Mima ps-Brad would love one of your trailers, Meme

Candicej
04-14-2005, 07:02 AM
Anyone had a HIDA/CCK scan done for gallbladder? I read up on it and the test does not sound good...It is supposed to make your gallbladder contract like you are digesting something (inject that radioactive stuff and something else) and cause pain if you need it out.....I do not want the test and do not want it out.....not sure what to do????? Maybe I will jsut wait untill I cannot stand it anymore.....the doc says it might just be the Firo acting up..well the Fibro did not make the stones...duh..... I'm too busy for all this!!!!!!!!!! Gardening time ya know....

Made some strawbery jam last night and my brain was not working and I mixed up the jam and jelly recipes but it looks like it is setting. Forgot how hard it is for me to make! (causes to much pain)

Mima
04-15-2005, 05:54 AM
Candice-when I needed the rotator cuff surgery, I worried and worried, but after it was out, it was great. Yes, I did have pain but there are pain killers. I'm telling you, the gallbladder surgery is easy. What if you left it in-do you want an attack!! This is a good time to pray!! I will pray for you.
Beach was great-Evan loved it. He loves sand and water. And he took six steps at home. We are going there for a cookout tomorrow night. Today we are going to do some prep work for going home like spraying for all those bugs in the camper. And then leaving. I am having a massage at 2 and then will get one again before we go home. Have fun this weekend Joanne. Hi all. Mima

Happy Canuk
04-15-2005, 09:33 AM
Good morning to everybody.

Mima - you will be busy for the next little while getting yourself packed up. I hope you are feeling better. Sounds like you had a good day with everybody.

Candice - Why in the world would you wait. There is nothing that hurts more than a Gallbladder attack. It knocks you right off your feet. You sure wouldn't like that. I had my gallbladder out when I was 21 - the old way, with surgery. Even that wasn't so bad. Sure felt better than the continual indigestion and pain. The gallbladder was packed with little stones. I saw my Dad down on the floor with a gallbladder attack. He had one, the size of a walnut. So, don't wait. They don't even make incisions anymore. They do it with laser therapy.

Meme - busy as usual.

Tammy - How are you doing?

Joanne - Moving right along there. Your knee is ok with all that walking? That is good.

I missed the talk of hair color. I let mine go natural in the Fall. I told my son, I would get it colored for his wedding (Oct) but he liked it with the gray in it. The color was ALL gone by December, and I am loving it. I find I have more color in my face as my hair was darker, so the gray highlights. You can see I have blue eyes now. When I colored it, the hairdressers want everybody over 50 to have blond hair, and I felt absolutely colorless. I am now very comfortable wearing my gray hair, and I earned each and everyone.

MemeToo
04-15-2005, 12:36 PM
Well ... I'm WAY over 50 and my hair is so dark brown 2 of my grandkids call me 'black meme'!!! :lol: (To differentiate between me and their other Meme.)

It's pretty here (finally). Sunny and warm. Just maybe spring has finally sprung. But everytime I set foot outside the house my eyes and nose starts runnng away! And that's all the time with customers pulling in my driveway every hour. I'm sure people think I have been peeling onions (or somebody just died or something!) ;) When I say 'allergies' they're all ready to give me advise ... :p

Hope everybody has a good weekend. I cleaned the church last night so have to clean my nasty house today (if customers will leave me alone long enough) ... trailers are coming tonight and then we have to finishing moving our friends into their new house tomorrow and our Bible Conference starts at church Sun. and goes through Thur. night. It never ends here!

Tammy
04-15-2005, 10:36 PM
Candice, I had 2 major gall bladder attacks that involved calling the rescue squad. I thought that I was having a heart attack. I also had smaller attacks, but even those hurt terribly. I had no idea what it was until the 2nd bad one when the doctor in the ER diagnosed it as gall bladder. My surgery was less than a month after that. I have never regretted having the surgery.

I am so glad that it is Friday. Bob's aunt passed away, so we'll be at the viewing and funeral tomorrow. She was 90 years old. What a sweetie. I'll miss her.

My plans for the weekend are to get my suitcase packed for the Emmaus Walk next weekend. The more I do this weekend, the less I'll have to do by Wednesday. That's the night we go get things set up at the church. The team takes all of their "gear" that night so we don't have so much to worry about on Thursday night when the walk begins. I'm so excited!!!

MemeToo
04-16-2005, 01:55 AM
Well ... they didn't ... leave me alone so I could clean my house that is. I'm sooo stressed out. I had a steady stream of customers all day long. I sold 2 trailers and took a deposit on another while hubby and the drivers were unloading the trucks this evening. The men couldn't believe it. I've been telling my husband how busy it's been and he just looks at me. I really don't think he's been understanding me. He knows I've been selling at least one every day and taking orders for more but for every one I sell there are three or four more pulling in asking prices and then three or four MORE calling me on the phone. I told him weeks ago I can't continue to do ALL this alone. What with the piano students, house work, church work, shopping, kids etc. etc. etc. on top of it. After supper tonight (at 9 P.M.) he came in the living room (where I had once again collapsed) and said I may have to get someone to come in and clean my house once a week! ;) I just looked at him. I know he was trying to help me out but I really don't want a stranger cleaning my house ... is it just me or does anyone else feel this way, too??? I used to have his aunt come clean and do my washing when I taught school but that was different ... I knew her. I taught music in the public schools every day plus taught piano at home every evening and 1/2 day on Saturdays. Didn't have time to clean. I had 56 students! I don't know anyone to ask now. If I knew someone I could get to HELP me one day a week ... I'm so tired!

And you know what really makes me mad? When people make snide remarks about me NOT working. Like I don't do anything all day long. OH that makes me SOOOOO MAD! I litterally work my butt off nearly every day. Somedays are not as bad as others but then I usually catch up on other things on those days like laundry or housework and piano planning and stuff. Then some family member or 'friend' will say something about it being 'nice' to be able to stay home all day, etc. Or like hubby's niece the other night at the BD dinner when I said I'd about sold out of trailers ...she said ... listen to her, SHE'S about sold out of trailers - you'd think it was HER business. I was so proud of my husband. He said, well, she has. I haven't sold any! She's sold all of them, I'm at work all day! Besides, the business is in HER name ... it's her business and she does all the selling. (I can't stand his niece or her mother!!!) :p They shut up after he said that! I was vacuuming at church the other night and one of the men came through and grabbed his chest. He said, I about had a heart attack. I said, why. He said, you're actually doing some work. I didn't think you ever worked. I just wanted to pick up the vacuum and hit him with it. Instead, I said, just because I'm beautiful that doesn't mean I can't work, too! That shut HIM up! (I clean the church all the time but I usually do it when no one is there!) I must have a sign on me that says, "FRAGILE ... CAN'T DO MANUAL LABOR" or something! Do any of you have people that just take it for granted that you never DO anything??? Or is it just ME? :?:

Candicej
04-16-2005, 05:14 AM
Meme...I get that all the time now, even when my kids were tiny and I was staying at home to raise them..........some people just do not get it! My sis always says I have the life of leisure and she would like to just lay around and the house! It is very irritating! DH always tells me he does not want me working...It would put us in higher tax bracket and I would spend more! So it does not pay me to work...his opinion..mine is I would love to work but this Fibro thing would not let me and with him needing the bedroom to himself at night there is nowhere for me to sleep...guess I could get a 3rd shift job! LOL ...NOT...... Who else would do everything around here!

I do not have a problem with the girl that helps me with heavy cleaning. I like to do it myself cause I think I do a better job but I can't do somethings and DH is no help!!!! Got the bathroom cleaned tonight and some pansies potted and some dianthus and moombeam in. Cold outside at midnight! LOL

My doc is dragging his feet on the surgery wants me to have this Hida test on Monday but not sure I want to have it..heard bad things about it. If I do not have it I will have to go to another doc for another opinion. The doc thinks my pain might just be Fibro and indegestion.....but I do have stones so it needs to come out some time right?

Mima
04-16-2005, 07:18 AM
I would thinks so!! But I am not a doc!! I had the most intense massage yesterday-it hurts when he does it but after my body is great and I slept good, I will have one more before I go home. Going to Mike's for cookout tonight. Sprayed the camper yesterday. And then left. There is a great breeze to air it out. Evan is waliking a bit . Going to see Evita with Alison and Jill. Anne-you must have the same coloring as I have-hope my gray is ok. My mother had gorgeous ash gray hair but she started as a blonde. Bye for now. Have a good day all-and rest up Tammy. Oh Meme-don't let people bother you-we know all you do!!! And your need to slow down. Mima

Joanne D
04-16-2005, 07:05 PM
Candice- A friend of mine had gall bladder surgery a couple weeks ago. She said the test was uncomfortable but the surgery was nothing. She has 3 little spots where they went in . She said she feels great.. She was out and about within a week.Get it done and quit worring about it!
Mima- I go to Daytona the 28th of this month.. I do plan on having a good time. Ofcourse ,I always have a nice time when my daughter and I go somewhere together.
Meme- Pay no attention to stupid people... There are quiet a few around. Although ,I am supposed to be "retired" I am constantly busy. I get the same thing. People wishing they could stay hame and do nothing like me..Yeah! I can be so lucky..
My right arm and shoulder has been hurting for about 2 months or more. Now my arm is black and blue above the elbow for no reason. If it gets worse ,I am going to be forced to go to the Dr.I hate going to Dr's.
Hello Happy..Tammy.Hope you are having a great weekend.. My daughter is on her way to Norfolk,Va. The Truman is coming in and my G/son will be going home for a couple weeks. Back from his second tour outside Irag. He is getting out of the Navy in June . Thank the Good Lord.
Bye for now.. Got to get off and put some heat on my arm..Joanne

Candicej
04-17-2005, 06:00 AM
Joanne, you do not have a blood clot do you? I don't like doc's ether but if you really need to you besure and get it looked at! Thanks for the info on your friend, my MIL told me not to have the HIDA test and not to get the surgery..she had a friend that got nicked in surgery and badley infected..but I do not think that happens often. I think she is just mad because her doc will not take hers out..she runs all week going to doc after doc to get medicine or surgery....she too has Fibro but won't acept that it is a lot of her symptoms....I just give up on her cause she whines all the time..a real pain in the butt and I do not need any more pain! ;) She is the one that took over ther counter cough medicine with her HBP medicine and had a stroke a year ago! Not real smart is she! :D

Mima..how was the cookout..I planeted some flowers and then made some barley veggie soup..really good but it gives me gas due ttot he onions and mushrooms in it :eek:

I am leaning towards having the test done so I wont' have to see a new doc.....

Mima
04-17-2005, 06:13 AM
Go for it Candice and look at the whole picture when you talk to people. Sounds like you did. Cookout was great-that Evan . He slaps his knees before he walks-too funny. And he says a lot of words-mostly beginning with b-like bacuum-vacuum -his favorite thing. Anything with a stick is a vacuum. Going to see Evita next week with Al and Jill, maybe other Grandma. Up at 4-gotta have a nap before church. Bye Mima--Joanne, go to docs tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!

Tammy
04-17-2005, 07:50 PM
Beautiful day! Took a walk around the yard with the dog. He loved it. Scoped out places where I need some flowers. Bob and Tim will have to plant them if I'm feeling bad, so I don't want too many. I thought I'd do some in pots that I can just put around in different places (beside the porch, bench, light pole, etc.) The tulips started blooming today. Gorgeous!! My dad would be so proud that they look so nice.

I still haven't gotten all of my papers graded, so I guess I should get busy before it's time to go to bed.

Everyone stay healthy!!!!

MemeToo
04-18-2005, 12:22 AM
Hi ... more to do. Having a minister's breakfast at church tomorrow morning at 7:30 ... and guess who's helping??? Here we go again. But we have a new couple at church who own a restaurant that's doing the cooking and they only had one other person helping them. I couldn't leave them stranded like that. When I asked her about the plates, cups, coffee, etc. tonight she didn't have a clue. So I took her in the kitchen and we figured it all out ... and then ... silly me ... offered to help. She's a sweet person so I don't feel bad about it (I may change my mind come 5:30 in the morning and my alarm goes off!!!) :p

I told hubby I'll have to come home and go to bed after that! But I have some things to pick up in town and then I have to go over and do my MIL's hair at one because her church is in revival this week, too, and she's cooking for the ministers tomorrow night. Then it's back to church at 6:30. Never ends. Maybe I can get my BD off in May! ;)

Sounds to me like you guys need to get to the doctor's! I know, I know. I put it off, too. I really hate to go to the doctor. But you gotta do what you gotta do. Sometimes the pain of the illness gets to the point that it's worse than the pain of the surgery. When that happens ... well ... you know ... it's down under! No choice. Either that or an attack of something worse.

Mima
04-18-2005, 06:59 AM
Hi there-hope your arm and shoulder gets better Joanne-have fun Meme-if any of you want to see some pics-go to www.thecarvilles.com and look at 2005 but I don't look at me cuz I look fat but you can see my Evan and Alison. If you hear me scream today, it's because I am going to get on the scale. We go out to eat a lot and 2x on Sundays. Bye for now. Mima

Candicej
04-19-2005, 02:10 AM
Test went ok..see the doc Wed. on my 55th BD!!!!!!!!!! Gall bladder is the problem so we will see what the doc has to say.

Bought more flowers, came home and did some yard work , laundry and got some BD gifts ready for friends. Now I need sleep...bought 2 forty pounds bags of potting soil and manure...I lifted them out of the car...Ouch!!!!!!!! WE need rain bad...supposed to be here WED too.

Mima...Evan is adorable and you are not fat...just some love handles like I have! ;)
dh told me not to lose my 5 pounds I gained over them winter..he likes some extra meat on his women!!!!!!!:D

Tammy...I bet your yard will look pretty with a few pots here and there...bought a beautiful pink hanging baskedt today...something new Dacinia?????? Really pretty.

Meme you are so kind and thoughtfull,always helping out......there will be a special spot for you in heaven!!!!!! Nice to chat!

Mima
04-19-2005, 07:41 AM
Yeah, Meme will be up there singing!!!But not yet-she has too much to do. Candice-hope everything goes ok and Happy Birthday tomorrow-Wow!! 55!!! It's going to be 84 here and in MA tomorrow. I am getting so anxious but sad. Got a new prescrip from doc for the urethral thing but first warning is diarrhea and stomache pain-I will probably geta second opinion when I get home because I can't see myself taking an antibiotic everyday for the rest of my life. I can't imagine it's very hard surgery. One little pocket in my urethra! I guess I'll go over to the camper today and clean and put stuff away. 9 days til we leave. Bye for now Mima

MemeToo
04-19-2005, 11:01 AM
Well ... I don't know about a 'special spot' ... I'll be really happy to just be in a back row corner of that heavenly choir! ;)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANDICE!
http://memeart.tripod.com/happybd2.gif http://memeart.tripod.com/bdcake9.gif

http://memeart.tripod.com/bdballoons.gif

Joanne D
04-19-2005, 07:55 PM
Happy Birthday Candice
I hope your day is the Best Ever...

I went and did something I said I would never do again.. I joined a spa. They have water exercise for arthritis.. As well as many more things for seniors.. My insurance will pay for it.I have Humana and they have a program called silver sneakers.. I'll see how it goes.. 3 times a week and I will walk the other days..
I worked out in the yard again. This time I not only have the sore arm ,although, it is not as painful lately,but now I have a rash from the weeds I was pulling. Maybe it will be gone tomorrow..The bruising is still there but as there is no swelling or heat I am just going to pretend it isn't there for now..Maybe it will go away too.
Mima..I hope they can get your health back in control.
Hello Everybody..Joanne

Candicej
04-20-2005, 03:40 AM
Thanks for the great BD wishes Meme, Joanne and Mima!!!! Since I have a doc appt we won't be clebrating untill Saturday DH says..he has doc appt today too for his blood pressure screening to refill his meds.

Mima
04-20-2005, 07:02 AM
Hi all-and Happy Birthday, Candice. Hope your doc visit goes well. Joanne-I used to do those exercises in that program-don't overdue it but it is nice. reason I can't is because of that stupid rib thing-I can't twist. But I swam and walked yesterday. Going to visit a friend this am-her mother got sick so she hasn't been able to be here-came to get their car but I will see their new house.
Funny story about my precoscious grandson. Mom gave him a bath and laid him on the floor to dress him-she went to get something and he was gone. Found him in the bathroom peeing in his potty chair, standing up. Don't know if he will do it again but he watches everything!! Then he asked for a diaper. They are getting their pool fence up as we speak. Have a good day all. Mima 8days and counting.

Happy Canuk
04-20-2005, 12:46 PM
http://photos.imageevent.com/happycanuk/misc/HappyBirthday3.gif

http://photos.imageevent.com/happycanuk/misc/bd%20cake.gif

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Dear Candice, Happy Birthday to you.

Now have as much cake as you want, for as you know there are NO calories in cyberspace :lol:

Happy Canuk
04-20-2005, 01:02 PM
Hi everybody. Sounds like you are all busy.

Mima - starting to pack things up. That was cute about your grandson. They do what they see, all right :lol:

Meme - busy as always. I guess you are as busy as you want to be or else you would tell them NO!! That trailer business sounds like a profitable little business. Glad it is going so well for you.

Candice - hope the Dr. will give you more info. so you can make the decision about your gallbladder. I would go with getting rid of it. You lifted 40 pounds of soil?????? Are you out of your mind, or what! Won't your hubby help you do that??? Just be careful or you know what will happen.

Tammy - Hope you are enjoying be outside. I plan to get out there today. It is going to be so nice and warm. A walk is in order, I believe.

Joanne - good for you, joining the spa. I used to do AquaAerobics faithfully twice a week, before this arthritis got really bad in the lower back. I went back and did it with the Seniors, but even that was too much of a strain. I would go a couple of times, and then not be able to go for weeks. I tried the deep water aquasize as well, but that was really hard with that darn vest thing on. They wouldn't let me do them WITHOUT it, so I had to quit, as the struggle to keep upright was just too much.

The picture on my signature is my grand daughter, Ashley. She is now 7 (april) and this was taken sometimes in October or November. She sure is growing up - FAST!!!!!

Hope you all have a nice day.

Joanne D
04-20-2005, 07:49 PM
My first day for water exercise.Yes I am sore. I also walked 3 miles. I will do this 3 times a week and walk the other days. Maybe this will keep me over the edge when I can't control my temptations.
Hope everyone is well..
Joanne

Tammy
04-20-2005, 10:52 PM
Happy Birthday Candice!

I've been so busy that I haven't been posting. I won't be back on here again until Monday because this weekend is the Emmaus Walk. I need to be at the church about 5:00 tomorrow afternoon. I'm looking forward to it, but a little nervous. If you could all send prayers my way on Friday night (6:30) I would appreciate it. That's when I give my talk.

Take care!!

Candicej
04-21-2005, 03:37 AM
Doc appt went well...meet with the surgeon on May 2nd....... ran errands too..need some sleep..go to the lawyers early Friday to change our wills....hate doing it but we need to up date and get our living wills set up.

Thanks for the BD wishes...my son is coming up Saturday with some food and DH got an angelfood cake and osme DQ and flowers...my other son called and talked for 2 hours....he will be home sometime this summer before he goes off to Ohio.

Happy..she is so cute...looks like her grandma:) They do grow up so fast..cute kitty, mine will not let you hold them for a picture! Nice BD graphics!

Tammy thinking of you and sending good vibes!

Joanne....I bet you enjoy the spa time...I would!

Mima...that is a cute story about Evan...kids do the cuties things! he must wathc his daddy! :lol:

Mima
04-21-2005, 07:23 AM
Hi guys-sounds good Candice-you are doing some good things. I am going to see evan this morning. First we will put some stuff in the camper. We are getting there. Prayers for you, Tammy. At least you can get it over with Friday. You will be fine. Bye for now. Mima ps-Anne , my gch have the same coloring !

Joanne D
04-22-2005, 07:17 PM
I really am enjoying the water exercise. The only thing is my sacral area has decided to scream. I have kept heat on it all afternoon. I will sleep with my heating pad tonight. I also have some stinky Icy Hot to rub on it.No exercise till monday and if it isn't better I may not walk this weekend.I guess I am moving muscle that has been sleeping.
Hello everybody..Joanne

MemeToo
04-23-2005, 01:31 AM
If I get through the weekend I'm taking next week OFF! (As much as possible, that is!) This week has about done me in. We've had that bible conference every night except tonight plus had to put hubby's dad in the hospital. He's running a high temp and they can't figure out why and can't get it down. I'm beat! About ready for a break. I just told hubby tonight I'm ready for a few days in bed but I have an Ann. dinner already planned for 2 of our friends on Sunday. He said I needed to just take next week off and stay in bed but I said what about customers. He said just get up and put on some sweats and lay back down until someone pulls in the driveway. Sounds good to me!!! ;)

Storming here again ... :( I called the Rheumatologist in Nashville today and left him a message that I had to have a prednisone dosepack. I'm dying here. I'm hurting so bad. I can't move anything without pain! I had to go pick my MIL up at the hospital at one today and take her home for a rest and I couldn't even put my hand on the top of the steering wheel. I couldn't hold my arm up that high. I hate to have to take the prednisone but I need it. The pain meds aren't working too good right now ... this time of year is always a bad time for me. It's supposed to get down in the 30s at night here this weekend.
http://memeart.tripod.com/stormcloud2.gif

Candicej
04-23-2005, 04:01 AM
Cold and rainy here too! got some walking in at the craft mall after the lawyer and ate at subway.....

Meme...hope you get some rest..that always makes me feel a bit better.

Joanne..you are not using the rub and heat too at the dame time are you??? that is not good..you wil burn!!!!

Mima....you are gonna spoil Evan! ;)

Mima
04-23-2005, 08:03 AM
Hi all-Had another great massage, Meme-that would be good for you. Joanne-I am not sure you should be doing those water aerobics so much, I got in trouble with them. I reinjured my ribs . What a time we had last night. I was going to the Red Sox game with Mike and his family and we got a flat before we left Ft Myers on 75, Had to go to the closest Walmart and get a new tire, Then when we got to Tampa-we were in traffic for an hour and couldn't get a parking place so we headed home. The good news-Evan was great-saw a sunset near the Sunshine Bridge-ate out-found some shoes for Al's play. And had a good time being with everyone. Going to reat up today. Mima Everyone feel better!!!

Joanne D
04-23-2005, 07:17 PM
Mima- Tampa traffic is the worst and going to your area from here is bad at this time of the year..I hate going out on the roads esp. hwy 19..
I really want to do this water exercises. I am hoping that my muscles will ajust and not be as painful. It is really just my lower back that is hurting the worst.. Better today. I didn't walk except to do some shopping at Walmart.I may not do some of the exercises that effect the back. I will talk to instructor on monday.
I have wanted to snack all day. NOT GOOD!
Meme- Sometimes I wish I could just go to bed and stay longer. I seem to hurt more if I stay in bed too long in the morning.
Candice- I have always used the rub and heat together..No burns yet.. Heat is the only thing that helps the pain when it is really bad..
We got some rain this afternoon.. I was sure glad that I didn't have to go out and water flowers..
I hope it rains next weekend when I go to Daytona..I have worked too hard to lose my plants and start over..My yard drys out really fast. I do some mulching before I leave..Hello Happy
Have a Great weekend..Joanne

Mima
04-24-2005, 07:57 AM
That seems right Joanne-don't do the back exercises til you feel better. I have been told to alternate the heat and cold-I am glad it feels better, Mike went to the game last night and he got there so early there were only 6 people in the parking lot, The Red Sox lost again!!! Evita tonight-first church and our last luncheon with friends. I woke up early but after a long time got back to sleep. Now I have to go. Mima

MemeToo
04-25-2005, 01:16 PM
I'm waiting on the doctor to come and tell my FIL whether he can go home today or not. If he goes home, hubby is going to take off from work and go get him, if he stays, I'm going to have to go get my MIL and bring her home for a rest. I sure hope he can come home today ... I'm sooo tired. I'm taking the week off from teaching at least. It's so cold and windy here ... about blow you away out there. I'm hoping I don't have to go out in it (even if it means no business). It's only in the 50s out there, too. Good day to curl up under a blanket and read or watch TV (or sleep)! ;)

My kids didn't even go see their grandfather all weekend ... neither one of them! What's wrong with them??? It makes me so mad! I just talked to my son via MSN and told him a few things ... nicely ... maybe I shouldn't have been so nice, huh? He said they were in Nashville Sat. at his wife's sisters and then his wife was tied up at the funeral home Sun. with a student because the boy's mother had died. I suggested that if that had been HER grandfather in the hospital she would have found a few minutes to visit him. He got mad and said she loved Papaw like he was her own grandfather but this little boy needed her yesterday. OH ... that pissed me off royaly. If she loved him so much why did she make her whole family miss his 87th BD party a week ago? Garrett ... their 9 year old ... had a 'project' he had to do so THEY ALL had to stay home. I know she could have dealt with that herself if somebody had to stay and at least my son could have come to the party. But no ... he had to stay there, too. They haven't been to see those old people in months ... and NEVER call them. She doesn't give a flip about them. And they never come or call here unless they need something. He began today to make excuses about why they never come around. They work late, have housework and laundry, the kids have homework. I told him to just not worry about it and we'd talk about it later. I told him to go see his Papaw on his lunch break because he thought a lot of him and because he wouldn't be here much longer and I'd talk to him another time. What else could I do. Only ... I'm NOT going to talk to him ABOUT THAT another time. Let him do what he's gonna do. I just don't care anymore!!! He said we need to just get together and eat out on Sundays. I just said our churches get out at different times because I don't even want to do that. The kids are awful ... they are fighting with their parents and disrespectful and won't eat and I'm usually just glad when it's over. They are much better when they are alone with us. Much calmer and do exactly what we say most of the time. When we're all together, the kids usually just either ignore or laugh at most of what I say and most of the time I just stuck at the kid's end of the table anyway. They talk to each other most of the time and not to us ... maybe my kids not coming around is not such a bad thing after all. :lol: We'll just get the grandkids every now and then and let the older ones stay home! ;) (At least the little ones still love us!!!) :dizzy:

Tammy
04-25-2005, 03:11 PM
Ladies, my talk at the Emmaus Walk was wonderful! I spoke with a non-shaky voice, and I was so comfortable. I knew that there were so many praryers for me and God was looking over me. The women at my table were awesome. We all got along so well. If you ever get a chance to go on an Emmaus Walk, do it!!! They are all over the US and in many places over the world. It's an experience you will never forget.

I am so glad that I stayed home today. Very little sleep and too much activity over the weekend. I did try to rest whenever there were breaks. We had a couple women who are dealing with cancer on the walk, so that took rest breaks also.

MemeToo
04-25-2005, 04:09 PM
Tammy ... sounds like you had a great weekend. I'm glad. Everyone needs that now and then.

FIL is coming home this afternoon. I'm so glad. I had a talk with son ... he went to the hospital. I also sent him an email! Told him he needed to get his priorities straight and start putting the people before the things. The people have a way of disappearing from your life and sometimes you don't even get to say "goodbye"! I didn't mention his wife. Won't go there again. :p

Mima
04-26-2005, 07:49 AM
Meme-my son never went to the hospital to see Brad and I was upset but then he helped me go pick him up. Glad it worked out. I am happy that you had a good weekend, Tammy. I never heard of the Emmaus walk but I will keep my eyes open. Our friends are here so I will go now. Mima

Candicej
04-28-2005, 04:21 AM
Helped Dh mow this week and been in the yard a lot..trying to get a hold on weeds and grass gowing in with the flowers..not a good thing at all!...gonna rain the rest of this week but I can still mulch in the rain......but it is the cold that bothers me! I had a bouqet of peach tulips with my plum tree blossoms earlier so pretty..

What is an Emmaus walk?????????????

The yard work is not bothering me right now like it usually does at this time?????? Yes I get stiff in the hips and knees but compared to last year..doing well! Now if I can get rid of this chest pain!!!!!!!!

Mima
04-28-2005, 04:58 AM
Hi guys-we are almost ready to hit the road. First the battery wouldn't work in the camper so Brad had to get a new one-then the frig wouldn't go on so Brad is going to go back and check it and get some coolers and ice if need be. I have so much stuff to refrigerate!!!!!! We will head for Savannah. Had a farewell dinner at a Chinese restaurant, Can't post again til we get home. So Joanne have a great weekend-Candice feel better and grow those flowers -Meme-relax. Hi Anne -Tammy, Mima

MemeToo
04-28-2005, 12:03 PM
Be careful Mima ... have a safe trip!

Candice ... better not be out in that rain ... it kills me to do that. Hurt all over. I've had two brain-dead customers this week so far who've insisted on standing out in the rain looking at trailers. A man and woman on Monday and then, today 2 men out there just TALKING ... in a cold rain. No coats even. At least I had enough sense to put on a jacket with a hood. Weird people. One of them said, it's raining ... the other said, yeah and it's a cold rain, too. I thought to myself, "and I thought my dog wasn't too smart ... not to get in out of the rain. Guess she's not as dumb as I was thinking!"

Garrett's guitar came today ... I LOVE IT! Want to keep it for myself. It's smaller than mine and I can get my arms around it! ;) It sounds soooo good. Actually, it cost the same as my new Fender. It's an Applause by Ovation ... the kind with the round back ... and it has an electric pickup, too. (His parents will LOVE that!) :lol: His BD was yesterday so I guess we'll take it to him tonight. Can't wait to see his face! I made him a BD page. Take a look if you'd like: http://www.design-max.net/HBGarrett.html

http://www.design-max.net/images/applausebyovation.jpg

I'm going to be a new MOMMY in about 8 weeks. I'm (hopefully) getting a toy poodle. The mama dog is expecting in about a week or two. She is white and the daddy is chocolate. I told the owner I want a choc. female. I hope there is one. She said they'd be ready to wean about 6 or 7 weeks after they were born ... so that will put it around the end of June. I don't know if I can wait that long ... I'm so excited!
http://www.design-max.net/images/poodle.gif

Happy Canuk
04-30-2005, 10:55 AM
Good Morning Fibromyalgia, my name is Will, Will Power and I would like to introduce my friends Hope, Laughter, Smile and Prayer. We are the new sheriffs in town and we came to lay down some new law. We decided today we would wake you up instead. I see you sent Ache and Fibrofog already. Prayer and Smile are ready to deal with them before they get started. Oh, I know that they arenít gonna go away right away and it looks like Ache wants to stay all day. Thatís okay because Smile can hang with the best of them, and eventually Ache and his crazy friend Pain will just be a memory.

You see Fibromyalgia, what you need to understand is that you attacked the wrong kind of person: A Diva. You saw her break down after that car wreck and thought you would take advantage. Little did you know, Divas bounce back, and they look good bouncing back, to. Yes, I will admit, it took her awhile to give us a call, but she sounded the horn and here we are in full force, ready to kick your butt and take prisoners.

Let me further explain, remember when I went to that doctor, and you were laughing so hard you were rolling on the floor? You know the one doctor that really listened to me? Yeah, I went to a lot of them, but just remember my name isnít Will Power for nothing. Oh, did I forget to tell you that my middle name is Determined? While you were so busy laughing you didnít hear the most valuable piece of information he gave me: You canít kill me! When I finally let that sink in, you see, that is when my friends that I introduced you to earlier came in. That doctor had a friend named Hope also and another friend named Understanding. Both friends named Hope and Understanding worked with that doctor and I until we found the right combinations to replace the friends you took away. I know you have Good Sleep, but we put a remedy together that summons Mr. Sandman to appear on command. Energy is here too, but in the for of Pace, as in pace myself, and half of the time I get things done without even knowing it.

Thank you for Exhaustion, he is a good reminder of when I need to take time for me without guilt. Exhaustion taught me how to say ďnoĒ to loved ones. At first Guilt and Exhaustion used to hang out, however my buddy Prayer put Guilt out. Prayer, Laughter, and I (Will Power) got rid of Low Self-esteem, Depression, and Anxiety. My buddy, what my doctor prescribed, stands guard at the door so they wonít come back.

So, letís see where were we? Friends didnít understand and grew tired of me at first. However, Hope gave them some education. Prayer filtered out the real friends that stayed with me and removed the ones that didnít. So now I have a support group that love me and look out for my well-being.

And my buddy Laughter is the one that you got to watch out for. He has friends called Sarcasm, Jokes, and Harmless Pranks that keep us so busy; we donít have too much time to pay attention to you.

Look Fibromyalgia, I know you are going to be here with us, and from what I hear it will be for the rest of our live, but guess what? My team Prayer, Smile, Laughter, Sarcasm, Jokes, and Harmless Pranks, are going to give you a run for you money. So bring it on Fibromyalgia, letís see if you can hang with the big dawgs.

Sincerely giving you What For,
WILL POWER

Happy Canuk
04-30-2005, 11:05 AM
Iím an Invisible Chronic Illness. I am now velcroed to you for life. Others around you canís see me or hear me, but YOUR body feels me. I can attack you anywhere and anyhow I please. I can cause severe pain or, if Iím in a good mood, I can just cause you to ache all over. Remember when you and Energy ran around together and had fun? I took Energy from you, and gave you Exhaustion. Try to have fun now! I also took Good Sleep from you and, in its place, gave you Brain Fog. I can make you tremble internally or make you feel cold or hot when everyone else feels normal. Oh, yeah, I can make you feel anxious or depressed, too. If you have something planned, or are looking forward to a great day, I can take that away, too. You didnít ask for me. I chose you for various reasons: That virus you had that you never recovered from, or that car accident, or maybe it was the years of abuse and trauma. Well, anyway, Iím here to stay!

I hear youíre going to see a doctor who can get rid of me. Iím rolling on the floor, laughing. Just try. You will have to go to many, many doctors until you find one who can help you effectively. You will be put on pain pills, sleeping pills, energy pills, told you are suffering from anxiety or depression, given a TENS unit, get massaged, told if you just sleep and exercise properly I will go away, told to think positively, poked, prodded and MOST OF ALL, not taken as seriously as you feel when you cry to the doctor how debilitating life is every day.

Your family, friends and coworkers will all listen to you until they just get tired of hearing about how I make you feel, and that Iím a debilitating disease. Some of them will say things like ďOh, youíre just having a bad dayĒ or ďWell, remember, you canít do the things you use to do 20 YEARS agoĒ, not hearing that you said 20 DAYS ago. Some will start talking behind your back, while you slowly feel that you are losing your dignity trying to make them understand, especially when you are in the middle of a conversation with a ďNormalĒ person, and canít remember what you were going to say next!

In closing, (I was hoping that I kept this part a secret), I guess youíve already found out: the ONLY place you will get any support and understanding in dealing with me is with Other People With Fibromyalgia) sometimes with your understanding family.

Tammy
04-30-2005, 04:49 PM
Wow Anne! Those are powerful! I think I'll print them and give them to a couple people. Maybe that would help them understand.

Meme, Glad that FIL is home. I agree about people getting their priorities together. You just never know.

Mima, hope to hear from you soon from your trip home.

Now for an exclamation of an Emmaus Walk. I getting this info from a book that I received.
The Walk To Emmaus is deeply rooted in the desire to renew the hearts and spirits of Christians and to fill their minds with a sound understanding of grace and discipleship. This 3-day renewal experience introduces participants to a process that will hold them accountable and encourage them in their discipleship through piety, study, and action.
Well, there it is in words, but it doesn't do the weekend justice.

Candicej
05-01-2005, 03:43 AM
Cold and windy here too Meme......all you can do is mention it to them Meme and you did...they have to live their own life they way they see fit....you will make yourself sicker by trying to change them or get them to think like you...I think kids these days are just too busy for family! Not a nice thing....you break your back trying to be there for them and it's like they do not apreaciate it........they will be old someday too!

Got another 4 hrs in the yard...working on the big bed with the plum trees and iris..got the weeding done and now mulching but gotta get more. With the cooler temps transplanting has been pretty easy but we need rain! My joints are screaming since I was on my knees the whole time!!!!

Rabbits eating everything I have out.....even stuff in my pots on the porch..got any ideas????????? ........they ate my parsley too!

Joanne...I have burned myself with just the heating pad and no stuff on....really surprised you have not gotton and owie! I have a long term relationship with my heating pad!

Mima...sorry about your ribs.....I need a massage but they hurt! I just use my tennis balls on my trigger points.

Candicej
05-03-2005, 03:22 AM
........I am scheduled for surgery the 19th.... that (9:30AM appointment about killed me..I need sleep...worked in the yard for 6 hours straight with out food (forgot to eat) Saturday and my hips and knees are bad........trying to get yard stuff done before the gallbladder comes out.....and I had the car loaded down with bags of mulch and groceries and it was dark when I got home and I missed the driveway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yikes!!!!! Hit the metal culvert and cracked the front of the car!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have a 1000 deductible.. and
DH is not happy with me! (at least I didn't get hurt!) Ha! see why I do not drive when I am tired! Also.... I thought he was already home from work and inside at 8:45 PM.... but he was still in his car messing around ....so when I saw the car light on and someone moving around while I was turning in the drive I got distracted and thought someone was breaking into his car! (so I missed the drive!!!!!!!!!!) Thank goodness I was going very very very slow as to not dump my groceries all over the back seat!...........Woe is me! Ha! We got it out of the ditch without help......but the poor car......oh well another 1000 down the drain!

Thanks Happy for those words of Fibro Wisdom! How is that elbow of yours..ever act up????

Tammy..thanks for the explaining that...why is there a table if it is a walk? Did I miss something? Duh!!!!!

Meme..guitar sounds really nice..I don't know what kind DH has.....I had a choc teacup , male poodle when we were first married. Love them!!! I laughed so hard about your dumb customers in the rain!

Way too cold here...had to put my plants in the garage again!!!!!

Mima
05-03-2005, 05:46 AM
Good morning!! We are home after 5 days-4 of them driving. yesterday we left at 7:15 and others didn't leave til later so we got home at 3 but were exhausted. Went to Friendly's for supper. Well., it's very cold here-least in terms of the left behind Florida weather. Big adjustment.
Anne, that was great! Other people cannot understand the tiredness like when you don't want to go out at night after a full day of travel or work.
Meme-a dog is a lot of work so you must really love them.
Candice-take it easy. A walk is when you grow spiritually like not just talking about being a Christian but actually doing things so people know that you are a Christian. Wow Tammy-that sounds so great!!!
Joanne-how was your weekend.? Hope we get to see a pic.
Bye for now-We have the camper full to move back in-go get the car-go grocery shopping and eat lunch at Ethel and Dave's which we would just as sonn skip. We are tired!!!! This will take days to do. But then again, we were gone for 5 months. And I have a new hardwood floor in the kitchen!! It's beautiful. Mima

Tammy
05-03-2005, 08:40 PM
Candice, it really isn't a walk, it just refers to the walk the men were taking in the Bible when Jesus joined them on the road to Emmaus.
You will be so glad when you get that gall bladder out of there!!! Believe me!!!!

Mima, Welcome Home!! I can just imagine how tired you are. Get some rest!

Mima
05-04-2005, 05:30 AM
Good morning! Tired , yes but we got through the day yesterday and got a big shopping done. Course, I wasn't too sweet. And I woke up early this morning but I stayed up to vote for Vonzell right through HOUSE-that show is weird!!! Today is our 3rd anniversary but we will not celebrate today, I haven't even gotten Brad anything-he already gave me a new setting added to my wedding ring. I look like diamond Lil-not really. I have small hands so it's only my ring inserted into 2 bands. Gotta empty the camper today and also work on the yard-Candice, can you help me? Your yard is so beautiful!! Yes, I bet you will be glad to get the surgery over with. Hi everyone. Mima

Candicej
05-04-2005, 07:53 AM
Tammy..Duh!!!!!!!! I should have know that!

Mima..the freeze finnaly got my plants!!!! Evan my pansies I forgot to take in..not sure if they will come out of it they are frozen in the pots!!!!!!!!!! Really makes me mad..the weather men acted like it would not get below 32!!!!!!!!!!! I will come help you Mima.....What ya gonna serve for lunch! ;)

Candicej
05-04-2005, 09:10 AM
Happy Anniversary Mima!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tammy
05-04-2005, 09:25 PM
Happy Anniversary!!!!!
Let's party!!

Happy Canuk
05-04-2005, 10:21 PM
Mima HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Gosh, 3 years already. Time sure goes by quickly.

Mima
05-05-2005, 06:05 AM
Thank you guys-I remember 3 years ago , we were talking about my dress etc. I am a couple of pounds over so I am not sure I could get into it but that will change soon because I only have safe foods in the house. Going out to eat really messes things up. So we stayed home last night but the meat came out tough but I made a lemon pudding pie-sugar free . They finaly have that pudding on the market.
Vonzell is still on Idol!!! Glad I stayed up to vote. Not sure if she can win because the top 3 are so good. 3 weeks to go!!! Can't find some of my stuff like 2 checks I brought home and the cord to my camera!!! Hope it's under the bed in the camper/ Luckily-the checks were not big. Thanks for the offer, Candice. I should send you my pansies-I didn't even plant tehm-they must have seeded last year. And my tulips are out but that yard looks terrible. Can only do one thing at a time. Bye for now.Mima

Joanne D
05-05-2005, 08:56 AM
Happy Anniversary MimaHow time does fly?
Daytona was good.. Tiring, but,we had a good time. I saw a lot of successful weight losers. The hotel was in renovation from the storms but was still ok. UNTIL the last night. PROM NIGHT in Daytona. I was amazed to see so many out of control teenagers. They partied all night on the floor we were on. When we were going back to the room after the convention and saw all the kids with beer going up and saw them running up and down the hall ,I told my daughter we should just check out. My daughter called security ,for all the good it did. We complained in the a.m. Got half off our room for that night. I told the management they should have called police and the parents..In my way of thinking he was a jerk of a kid that probably didn't know how to handle the problem.
It was Greek Easter Sunday.. We cooked and spent the day with daughter and family. My G/son is back from Irag. He will get out of Navy in 30 days. He has had enought.Hopefully he is ready to settle down and go to school..
I got on the scale today.. I am still below goal. Only a pound but that is something,,
Candice.. Getting this surgery overwith will be good for you and you should feel better than ever..
Hello Everybody...Joanne

Happy Canuk
05-06-2005, 01:19 AM
Candice - the 19 is not that far away, and then you will feel better, unless of course, you continue to punish yourself doing all that bull work. I am glad you weren't hurt in that little accident. Too bad about the car, but it can get fixed.

My arm is fine. Doesn't ever bother me, nor does the whiplash I had from the accident. My Chiro got it soon enough that it healed just fine.

Meme - where are you?

Tammy - hmmm, like Candice, I thought you were walking somewhere as well :D Live and learn.

It is hubby's 60th birthday tomorrow, so I will be busy. Having friends over for dinner and then on the weekend we are going to my daughters and another party on Saturday night. Out for brunch on Sunday.

Hope you all have a nice weekend and Happy Mother's Day to you all.

Mima
05-06-2005, 06:18 AM
Good morning!! Joanne-glad you are back. Sometimes at the hotel when I work , there are noisy kids but certainly not like the problem you had. Why do they rent to them in the first place?? Well, we are proud of you. I got a tiny rake for 2 dollars at our local junk store so I am doctoring my garden. Yard is a mess but so what-Brad will mow it and it will look better, Found all the stuff that was missing including a bd card I sent to stepson 2 weeks ago. It went back to Fl and then forwarded here but I don't know why he didn't get it. Sounds like a real nice celebration, Anne ! HB to hubby. Al's bd is on Mon and she is having a pool party tomorrow. And her Mima won't be there. Evan has a cold. Today we will finish emptying the camper because it's going to pour. Kids have planned something for Mother;s Day tomorrow because Bobby is going to Chicago for a week of training for his company. Who would have thought I would ever say that about the kid that dropped out of school but then went back. God is good!!!!My IBS is terrible!! Stopped taking the antibiotic to see if that is why. Otherwise, the doc. And I certainly don't want to take Zelnorm after your experience, Candice. I need to get better before I go away to work. I always worry hat it is more than the IBS. Course right now I am drinking coffee. Bye Mima

Candicej
05-06-2005, 08:03 AM
Got some of that rabbit scoot stuff....capsaisin (hot pepper spray) to keep the bunnies from munching,they have eaten about all my new blooms!!!!!!!! hope it works.

Gee Happy..I still have problems with my arms..not as bad in the warm as the cold.....glad you are doing better

joanne...that would make me very angry and I would be out in the halls screaming at them!!!!!!!!! :lol:.........Yes he was a jerk..you should have called the police!

Mima..I do not know how you keep track of everything..as much as you are ont he move!!!!!!!!!! I would be losing my mind;)

Mima
05-07-2005, 05:55 AM
My mind is lost already, Candice. Slowly adjusting to Massachusetts. We went out to eat for our anniversary last night and they sat us at the table where we sat on our second date. When Brad forgot my name, introducing me to the owner, a friend of his. I am having so much fun throwing stuff away-it's therapeutic. Did anyone see that show on hoarding on Oprah-Only our garage looks like that but Brad is working on it. Got some yard work done yesterday-stuff down to kill those dandelions.
Tammy, I read about something called the Emmaus journey in my meditation book. I am going to check the website out. Have a good Mom's Day everyone. My kids are coming tonight. Suzanne is going with Bobby when he gets his new house inspected so she can check out the apartment downstairs. Too funny!!!! Bye Mima

Joanne D
05-07-2005, 07:10 PM
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY EVERYBODY
We are joining our son and his wife and her children for lunch. I should be a nice time. At least we won't have to cook.Otherwise it will be a quiet day..I will most likely take a walk in the afternoon to walk off what I eat.. I went to my water exercise friday and the water was a little cold..I wish it was warmer. Ofcourse it is free,so I shouldn't complain. I just like warm water. I guess as the summer comes on it will be warmer.
Bye...Joanne

Tammy
05-07-2005, 10:05 PM
And a Happy Mother's Day to all of you!!
Tomorrow is also my birthday! 50!! That is so hard to believe. I'm glad that I didn't make a big deal when Bob turned 50. We just spent time with Tim, which was nice. That's the way we're doing mine too. Not in the mood for a big party.

I worked in the yard today, and I've regretted it ever since. A bit sore, but at least the yard looks better in a couple of places. The dryer just buzzed so I think I need to go get thinks out.

Mima
05-08-2005, 06:26 AM
Happy Mother's day to all of us!! Went to Chinese restaurant last night and kids gave me a beautiful too big bracelet. I usually don't wear bracelets -my wrists are small.
When we went to bed last night, there was someting flying around. A bat. !!! It went into the hall so Brad shut the door and later was able to hit it and flush it down the toilet. I hope there aren't anymore. I opened the attic door yesterday so it might have come from there-now I will be afraid to go there.
Happy Birthday, Tammy!!! Brad's son is meeting us at church today. We are going to a different one. We need Meme music-not 16th century songs. Bye for now Mima

Joanne D
05-08-2005, 10:49 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAMMY..
And Happy Mother's Day to everyone..Looks like we will go to son's house instead of out.. Good.. The restaurants would be so crowded..Joanne

Tammy
05-08-2005, 10:12 PM
Thank you for the birthday wishes! It was a nice and quiet day here. I needed that.

Bats are not my favorite thing in the world. When Bob and I were first married, we had bats constantly for a few weeks when some homes near us were demolished. He was getting quite good with a tennis racket. I was great hiding under a blanket or running out of the apartment to the porch. lol

Happy Canuk
05-09-2005, 01:42 AM
Happy Birthday Tammy, and I hope everybody had a nice Mother's Day. We went to a brunch buffet. It was really nice. There were 12 of us in total. Boy, they had a ton of stuff, but I actually did very well.

My gdaughter and g son thought the strawberries were great, dipped into the chocolate fountain :lol:

Everybody have a good Monday.,

Mima
05-09-2005, 05:38 AM
That buffet sounds nice, Anne. We went to my SIL's church and Brad's son and girlfriend came with us. We miss the church in FL so much, plus all our new friends but we will adjust. Some of our friends are not there anyways. But I am still cold. Thin blood. Tammy, that's funny about the bats. I am afraid to go in the attic. It's hard to believe they are so small because they look so big flying around. I keep waking up early. Then I need a nap before noon. Bye for now Mima

Joanne D
05-10-2005, 10:29 AM
I don't like any kind of critters in my attic.. We hear noises sometime . We had squirrels get in there once. We replaced all the soffets . They ate holes to get in. Now we just keep decon up there. I don't store anything there. My daughter has a problem now and then. She has a cat so that helps.They live in a rural area.
We had a lot of work done outside yesterday on the trees. Now I have a lot both in and out side.. Got to get busy.. My hubby is not much help anymore.. I guess as he gets older he will do less. I wish he would agree to get a yard man.
Bye for now. Got to get my laundry started. I am getting a cold and just really want to do nothing...Joanne

MemeToo
05-10-2005, 12:51 PM
WOW ... LOOKS LIKE I MISSED A LOT!!! Five pages now. You guys have done a lot of talking and it took me nearly 30 minutes just to catch up.

DON'T POST HERE!

GO TO NEW THREAD!