Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 09:58 AM   #1  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile ♥ Christian Encouragers #199 ♥

WELCOME!
You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving... anyone is welcome to join!

*~*~*

A Servant's Prayer

Jesus, MY Jesus... How marvelous your ways...
Far more splendid than my mind can envision. What an
honor to be chosen by you. A lowly child I am, but empowered
by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have
called me. I give myself totally to you, Lord. Take my imperfect
heart and make it perfect. Peel away the hardness. Close the doors
I have opened to the temptations of this world. Gently remove the
roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears. Discard anything
that separates me from you. Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of
your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love...
To serve as you serve...
To heal as you heal...
To forgive as you forgive...
always mindful of my nothingness while doing
great and marvelous things in you name and for
you glory. This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name.
Amen

<><
*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-12-2005, 10:12 AM   #2  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Thank you Sunny/Donna! Love the cute cat graphic! How is Miss Sunny today? You must be feeling better b/c you are posting more.

I'm off plan, struggling, feeling like a failure. But i brought good stuff and goin to do well for the rest of the day. That's my goal. I left my water bottle at the yarn cafe too and i'm lost. How dumb is that, just drink out of a different glass and figure it out....
Old 04-12-2005, 10:23 AM   #3  

Smile

Good Morning

Oooooo my hands are stiff on the keyboard this morning... it was a chilly walk... only 34* and windy, but all well worthwhile I got in 3.77miles this morning Once I get warmed up, I will feel so much better. The sunrise was just awesome to watch today!! I was listening to Michael Crawford's CD of Andrew Lloyd Webber Show tunes and just as I turned the corner where the pond is he was singing *Memory* from Cats and it just fit...
a beautiful song to go with the beautiful sight
Total Miles for April: 16.02 (every little bit counts )

Hi there Michele...
Feel Better, Sweets!

I will be back this afternoon to post to each of you
No time this morning...

SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-12-2005, 01:24 PM   #4  
Striving To Be Healthier!

Default It's been a long time...

My dh and I share a computer and he has need of it for church work... quite often, so I do not have the time on the internet that I used to have. I hope that all of you are doing well, I haven't read the posts, but just thought that I would drop in and say hello.

Last night I started a indepth bible study from Genesis to Revelation in 30 weeks. The class is 2 hours long, once a week. I am hoping to learn alot.

My dear friend who had cancer her funeral is tomorrow. She is with Jesus now.

Well, I am hoping for a weight loss this week although I didn't get much exercise in because I hurt my back on Saturday, but I ate very sensibly all week.

Take care everyone! I'll pop in again when I get a chance.

lbsbgone
Old 04-12-2005, 01:28 PM   #5  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, lbsbegone. I'm glad you came back to check in.
Old 04-12-2005, 03:13 PM   #6  

Default I Really Am Alive and Kickin!

Hello All...

No excuse for me being gone. I did have a cold last week and stayed home from work on Friday. Played Saturday and Sunday...nothing special...just played jewelry stuff.

Sunny...Now we're chilling off a bit this week. You are really doing good on the T-mill.

Michele...struggling here at work today to stay focused on work. Yikes.

lbsbegone...so sorry about your friend. I am happy she is with her Father and in no more pain just joy!

Smiley...I guess it has been a long time. Glad to see you back and in swing.

momof10...this is a fun as heck place to hang out. You really have 10 kids? Wow...you are a busy woman.

EZ...You think the chair deal was funny, after church on Sunday, we went to the store and bought some frozen orange,banana,pineapple juice...two cans. I decided I would do a nice thing for G and put it (both cans) in the sun tea jar with a little spicket for easier pouring since he's on those nasty crutches all day. I put the frozen stuff in the jar and 6, yes 6 cans of water. While I was stirring, the jar broke and I had juice and more juice everwhere. It took quite some time to clean up and once I was finally done, I opened our big tupperware drawer and low and behold...1/4 inch of juice in the bottom of the drawer. I can't win. Whenever I "think" I'm doing something nice for him, I screw it up...royally. I think I'm just trying too hard to please.

Well, I will be more active with my postings. Tonight ranch chicken, walk the dog and play jewelry then bed early.

Hugs to you all and I missed you!

Everyone else...forgive me for my negligence
Old 04-13-2005, 08:10 AM   #7  
One Day At A Time

Post Dieter's Devotional

Here's the Dieter's Devotional from www.crosswalk.com:

April 13

1 Kings 17:8-9
And the word of the Lord came unto him, saying, 'Arise, get thee to
Zarephath, which belongeth to Zidon, and dwell there: behold, I have
commanded a widow woman there to sustain thee.'

Consider the prophet Elijah. The Lord told him to go to the town of
Zarephath, where he was to wait for further guidance from God. Elijah
waited there three years before the word came! How many of us would have
such patience? Our dieting period often seems long, but in comparison
with what so many others have had to go through, the time is really quite
short. Committed people have always found a special source of patience
and courage to get them through any situation. The source of their
remarkable faith is the Lord, who makes all things possible.

Today's thought: I will make a little last a long, long time!
Old 04-13-2005, 09:10 AM   #8  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

Thank you for your prayers for yesterday. I really felt them. I had a pretty good day. There's so much to learn and sometime I get overwhelmed with what there is to know and how important it is to know it properly.

Michele: I'm praying for you!! I know what it's like to be discouraged and feeling down. This feeling will pass and you will prevail. You are a strong woman with lots going for you. (I must admit that I'm a bit jealous of your Yarn Cafe job. It sounds like so much fun. I also do some knitting but am mainly into quilting right now.)

lbsbegone: I'll be thinking about you today and you go to your friend's funeral. HUGS

mkay: I had to laugh at your juice story. I had that happen to me with a mug of hot chocolate that fell apart when I put the hot water in. I ended up having to clean out my pots and pans drawer and then then wash all the pots and pans in it. Way more work than I wanted to do that day. I just wanted to relax with a mug of hot chocolate.

It's a beautiful sunny day today and things are looking up - as long as I keep looking up.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:55 AM   #9  

Smile

Good Morning CER's,

I am sorry I missed you all yesterday... I had allot of little things to get done. As for Joe's job... we didn't find out what was happening till this past Monday (4/11). It looks like he will be fine for the time being, they will be keeping the maint. crew and so Joe will keep his job... hopefully till he can retire in two years. He is officially up for retirement this coming Feb/2006, but Joe wants to work for two years past that to get better retirement benefits & healthcare, we couldn't live on what they would give us in Feb. We are just playing it out from year to year right now. We should be fine for another year. We feel better He has also been voted in as the Shop Stewart by his crew (a spokesman for his crew - they voted him in)... so as of June he will get a raise of .25 an hour for taking this position. He was very happy about this, so good news all around.

I saw *A-Idol* last night and I didn't really like the music much, the song choices weren't my fav. at all. I just wish that Carrie would stay with country --- she is a great country singer and there are so many good song choices. I think she felt pressure to change it up... too bad too. That song did not suit her at all. I think that if I were to vote someone off, it may be Scott Savol (even though he is from Ohio) or Nadia Turner... neither have done so well the last few shows. I really have enjoyed Vonzell Solomon too! Classy young lady. As for *Survivor* I don't have a clue which way they are taking it this year... I feel so bad for Stephanie ... have any of you (who watch) seen the previews? Also, I have been watching *The Amazing Race* ~> I love watching how Rob and Amber are working together! I don't hope that they will win it (they don't need the $$) but I have enjoyed them!! They are both very clever (common sense clever) and work so well together... fun to see! I tape it, so Joe & I can watch together on Saturday's when there's nothing else on.

I have been walking outdoors this week and loving every moment of it!! I am out the door by 5:45am... and the sunrises have been awesome with the sky so clear and blue. I am taking every breath-taking moment in! So far I have walked 18.27 miles for the month of April

*~*~*

Hi Lbsbgone! Nice to see you drop in here... I am so sorry I haven't posted lately (on our thread ) I have been trying my best to keep up with everyone. Is the friend that passed the one that just got out of the hospital I pray not. Either way, I am so very sorry for your loss

Hi Michele, Feeling any better today girly Sometimes when we work so hard and do not get enough rest, and we get to feeling down. And all our body is telling us is that it needs more rest Maybe you need to rest... with working two jobs and all you do to volunteer... you know. Feel better SOON!

Hi Margie B, Good to see you too You sounded like you had a very event-filled weekend!! We have full weekends, but nothing like that FUN! As for your Youth Rally & the 37 people... that's a great turnout! Those are 37 people who could have stayed home When Joe & I did the passion play *Tetelestai* --- many years ago --- we use to perform to less then 50 and we would tell the cast that if there were only ONE out there, that's one more person we have brought closer to our Lord and that it was all worthwhile. Nothing we do in the name of Jesus is a waste of time Be of Good Cheer...

I am glad you enjoy the graphics too... I love them!! It's all well-worth the time it takes me to search them out, snag them and post them for all of you and for my enjoyment. I don't mind taking the time at all

I am on a *Walking Thread* that changes with each month if you are interested in logging your miles each day with us... it doesn't take too long and it's fun if you want to join in Here's the LINK if you are interested ~> http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...t=55691&page=1 and it's not too late to join in at all, if you'd like to... 9.8 miles is great! ! Keep up the good work!! I got in another 2.25 miles this morning

Oh... my goodness... the SUNSHINE makes a whole lotta difference for me ---- I light up and feel so alive when we have sunshine. I think that we should move to another area with more SUN (Joe has mentioned it allot this winter), but it's hard to leave all those you love, you know. Maybe one day Joe & I will WINTER somewhere where we can take in more sun. N.E., Ohio is known for a high suicidal rate because of the lack of sun here... not that I have ever gotten that low... I just have no energy (I want to winter like a bear ). I am sure that my diet and exercise is also a huge help to my feeling better Thanks for the cheers Back at you

Hi Mnewton, You too had allot going over the weekend Sounded like lots of fun though Your DM's 50th Birthday party sounded wonderful!!! Isn't it great when you put all that effort into something and it turns out so well I am very happy for you and your DM... she'll talk about that day for the rest of her life

Hey... I don't mind at all... glad to be of service --- my arms are getting into shape now with all the good-weather-waving I have been doing Glad all my efforts paid off... just call me *mother nature*

Nice backyard, Gary! I thought it had to be bigger, but I had not seen pics, so I wasn't sure. It's really a beautiful space! I like how you have it all fenced off for your gardens to keep the pups out. Awe, look at how sweet and innocent Reba WAS!

Thanks coach I LOVE walking outdoors, but it's nice to know I have the T-Mill for those yucky weather days we get here. That would be so great to be able to see your new home in Wa. and to visit... I do hope that one day it will come to pass. I think that the 4 of us would have a great time together.

Hope you are having a great time at the Wedding and with your company this weekend Looking forward to a picture or two

Hi Sherry, Thanks again for all the Devotionals you have been posting daily... and I don't mind at all doing the graphics and animations. It is fun for me - it just takes time to do. I too have very busy days, but I don't mind taking that extra moment to "pretty" up my posts for all you lovely people

Hi Wilma, I am sorry I missed your last post and that you had a rough time of it at work. Mistakes happen when you are human, I am sure that this too will pass and now you learn from it and more on with more going for you Now you know what to work on and can improve, right. These things don't happen for nothing... I will keep you in my continued prayers that you will soon have an ease of mind... you need to continue to believe in yourself (the devil doens't want that, so he sticks his foot out to trip us up). You are doing wonderfully... KEEP LOOKING UP

By-the-way... just to let you know... it's Sherry/Mrs. Smiley that is posting the Devotionals (not Sue ) --- you must be so tired these days, sweets

Hi MKay! Long time no see good to see you pop in... don't stay away too long, okay. I do hope you are feeling better from that cold you had. You should hear all the coughing and sneezing going on here (in this area) with all the temp changes and pollen in the air. Awwww, Spring Yesterday it was 34* when I went for my walk and today it was 39*, so we are getting a little warmer 60* & 70* temps cannot come soon enough!! We got that tease a few weeks back, but it's been in the lower temps since

I loved hearing your stories... but I can't help but feel bad for you too! Fluke things just happen, don't know why... you seem to have your share and then some I will say a prayer that it will calm down for you now, okay Enough is enough... don't stop trying to *please* though... you are on the right track

Where is our SUE!!!!???? "Where oh where has our little Sue gone, where oh where can she be?"

*~*~*
Shouting out *Hello's* to all our MIA's
Time to go get some work done today...
*Have a great Day!*
{{{Hugs}}}
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-13-2005, 12:37 PM   #10  

Talking Newbie introduction, can I join you?

Hi Everyone, My name is Janice and I'm new to FatChicks, but not new to dieting. I guess I've been on every diet known to man, but never have given it to the Lord and let Him lead me. I have given it to God now, and am seeking His help day by day. "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me." Phillippians 4:13 has become my encouragement verse to live by.

My hubby and I retired 2 years ago last September and moved to Florida to enjoy the warmth and sunshine. We moved here from northwestern Illinois and were tired of the snow, cold, ice and dreary cloudy weather. We have found a wonderful church home and are having a ball serving God here in the Tampa area. I'm singing in the choir and hubby is ushering.

I began this time at 213 at the doctor's office...had already lost 7 pounds on my own and now I'm down to 207. I'm counting calories and watching fat intake.

I posted an introduction and EZMoney invited me to join this group. I would love to be part of your group. You all seem so nice.

I just had my 60th birthday last Sat. (Apr 9). It wasn't too bad at all. After all, getting older sure beats the alternative, huh?

I want to wish you all a blessed day and keep on track with God's help.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:50 PM   #11  

Smile Welcome!

Jan

Congrats on your 7 lbs lost! And Belated Birthday wishes to you Many happy returns!! Did you have a birthday party or just celebrate with your DH (dear hubby)?

I am so glad that EZ/Gary, stopped in and ivited you... all are so welcome to join us Sunny Florida, huh... well today I don't envy you because we have had some Beautiful days here, but come winter time I will be singing a different tune You sound so happy living in Florida

I'm SunnyD (also known as Donna)... I am married almost 30 years to Joe and we have 3 furry kids I do not work outside of the home... do enough inside Joe & I sing at our church too... we have a small group of 5 right now (it was 7, but 2 have moved). I don't know what we'd do if we weren't involved in music... it's such a part of us & quite a ministry. When I met Joe he was in a small group and it was his voice that I fell in love with first... I didn't know him yet. But it didn't take long after our first date to know it was meant to be for us. I was 18 and he was 21 when we married.

I am on *The Maker's Diet* (by Jordan Rubin)... he believes in eating foods from the bible. I have severe IBS and ever since I have been on his program I have had one day healthier then the next I take his all natural supplements too. It's quite costly at first, but now it's not so bad to maintain. I also walk 5 days a week.

Wishing you all the best on your program, although it sounds like you are well on your way

Well, I must be getting back to my chores...
Again, it's great to have you join us

*God Bless*
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-13-2005, 01:52 PM   #12  
Walking Off The Pounds

Lightbulb It's a Wednesday Welcome!

Jan4945 - Welcome. You've joined a great thread of loving and caring people here. Sounds like you're on the right track to weight loss, just keep up the good work and keep us posted!

SunnyD - 18.27 miles - you go girl! I now have 15.3 miles and haven't had my walk in, as yet today. You were my inspiration yesterday while doing my 2nd lap at the park, I thought "if Sunny can do it, so can I" . . . also that I had to keep up, at least some, with your mileage! I can't believe you are up, out and walking at 5:45 a.m.! That's incredible. I will check out the weight tracker soon, right now my 'weight tracker' is my calendar. Still enjoying the graphics, keep it up!

Mitchypoo - failure? Good grief girl, with all you've got on your plate right now, I think you're doing wonderful. Maybe a little set-back but everyone has those, keep your head up and push on!!!!!

lbsbgone - So sorry to hear about your friend, but she is in a wonderful place now and a place of peace. I hope you will keep us posted on your bible study, it sounds intense to do the whole thing in 30 weeks! Lots of study, study, and study!

Mkay - glad to see you're 'alive and kickin' we've missed you around here! By the way, ranch chicken dinner sounds yummy, when do we come over? And please, - no juice - that story was so-o-o funny!

MrsSmiley - another good devotion from you! Thanks so much! Again fits me so well, many have said that I need 'committed' . . . seriously though, I do enjoy reading and reflecting on each of these posts.

EZ - loved the pics, glad everything is fenced off from the dogs. Let me know when you're ready to come to Ohio and put in a few veggie/flower boxes, I can always use some more!!

Jan4945 - again Welcome and hope you come back to post again soon.

Not much up with me today, played piano (as every Wednesday) for the Children's Mass which I so enjoy doing and seeing all the kids. K-6 about 65 in all, small school, and the kindergarden just sings out the praises to the Lord so innocent and beautiful, I really get more of a blessing than they do and really makes my day to be with them.

WARNING: I did sign up for internet at home so I'll be doing all the fine tuning once I get there and will be on and off, (as I can get it away from my DD) and posting and aggravating you guys more and more! Don't say you weren't warned!

Bell choir tonite and perhaps mow the grass, depending on the rain we're suppose to have??? I did get to walk at lunch yesterday, 1.3 mile usual path and then walked two laps around the park last night 2.5 miles total there, so I was quite pleased with myself for making it that far in one day! I guess I need to get off here for now and go get that lunch walk in before it's too late. Have a great afternoon all. . . . Margie

Last edited by Margie B.; 04-13-2005 at 01:59 PM.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:33 PM   #13  

Default After Lunch

Hi All...

Welcome Jan...Yipee to your 7lbs. I WI today and still not an ounce. That's ok...not gaining! I just came back from Stuart, FL a month ago. My DH does not like it there and I do. I love the brightness of colors there...not to mention the ocean.

My DH and I have been married a entire 6.5 years. 2nd time around for both. DH was supposed to start ushering at our church but the week before his 1st Sunday, he broke his foot and is still crutching it around.

I'm starting a bible/weight loss thing tomorrow night at one of the local churches. From what I understand it is a diabetic plan. I did South Beach last spring and lost 20lbs and gained 12 of it back. It takes alot to be motivated to leave every kind of sugar alone for 1-2 weeks. Then, of course, you start bringing fruits back into the picture. Anyway, welcome!

Sunny...I need the prayers for a clutz. Are there any out there for that? The more I try, the more I fumble. If I would put 1/2 the effort into myself that I do in trying to please others, I'd probably be very healthy and quite fit.

Wilma...hows that kitchen? Pics?

MargieB...the ranch chicken was wonderful. My friend made it also last night and didn't like it. I had leftovers for lunch today. I'm now "letting" DH fend more for himself. When I'm in the basement in the a.m. showering/bathroom, I hear him upstairs on the tile floor wheeling around on our kitchen chairs making coffee, letting the pooch out, etc. The noise sounds like boulders rolling over my head. I don't know which is worse.

Later all...
Old 04-13-2005, 02:48 PM   #14  

Smile

Hi Margie B, I think it's great that you will be on more often And I also think it's WONDERFUL that you have picked up your walking... we can cheer one another on You mentioned a weight-tracker??? I wasn't talking about a wt-tracker... what I mentioned was a THREAD that I am on where we just post our miles each day. If you don't want to join - that's we can keep cheering one another on here (and anyone else who wants to join in ).

Bell Choir?! I love the Bell Choir!!! Joe & I have enjoyed listening to any Bell Choir group that comes along. How long have you played? Do you play at the *Yankee Peddler* in Canal Fulton? We go there every year!

Hi MKay, Well, we all haveta find that Balance in our lives... yours has to be finding time for you too, so that you feel better with life and it's challenges... like making juice Forgive me for chuckling again... you are so sweet and innocently funny.

Ta...
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-13-2005, 03:24 PM   #15  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Chatty group today---I LOVE IT! Welcome Jan4945!I hope you come back often.

I'm feeling a little better but still not OP with my food quite yet. It's OK overall but i don't feel that i'm on that losing side again. A lot of it has to do with the change in my schedule. I'm a creature of habit and things like this throw me.

Eric has turned into a toad i think.... Haven't heard from him since last Saturday. I know he's not been feeling well, i called to see how he was, with no answer. I'm tired of worrying about it. Concentrate on me and work and weightloss efforts. Men!
Closed Thread